[Sep-14-08] HTC Weather Proxy Patch - Now support for TouchFlo 2D - Check post#50

Search This thread

phouki

Apr 20, 2006
TouchFlo 2D weather patch:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2638566&postcount=50

Thanks to idsk for the great patches

====================================================================

A member (idsk) from the forums have created a patched HTCHome.dll that works with proxy connections. He has created 2 versions of the patched full versions of the HTC Home installer. His cab's can be found in his main post. I have created 2 cabs that would patch your already cooked or installed HTC Home. My cab install files will not change your customized Home or settings. Proxy setting is set to auto. If you want to force your proxy setting like I have, change your registry settings.

Note: When you force your proxy settings, updating through Wi-Fi or while sync'ed will not work.

Registry settings:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\HTCHome\Weather\Settings]
"ProxyType"
0 = auto proxy config (system config*)
1 = direct to net (without proxy, default)
3 = via named proxy

"Proxy"
named proxy, IP:pORT (only used if "ProxyType"=3)

"User-Agent"
user-agent of the request
(the default user-agent is sent if leaved blank)

"Url"
url of the weather server (must begin with "http:" and without parameters. the parameters will be appent to it after a '?')
(the default url is used if leaved blank)

*I noticed that the autoproxy option forces the program to take pie proxy config, so pie should be at least launched once.

Forced proxy connection for T-Mobile USA using (T-Mobile Web or T-Zones)
Set the following:
ProxyType: 3
Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Be sure to backup your HTCHome.dll! If you already know which version you have then install the proper version you have. If not try the other patched cab. If either cab does not work, restore your HTCHome.dll

I take no credit for creating this proxy patch to work. All credits should goto idsk for his hard work.

His main thread is is here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=363417

Last edited:

hypest

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2008
Thessaloniki
works fine

just tried the v1.5 on my kaiser and works sweetly :)

thanks!

UPDATE:
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it stopped working.... it also doesn't event let me change the city... :(

RE-UPDATE:
Now I know what I did wrong: I had changed the database to "custom" using HTC Home Customizer... my bad :D

hypest

Last edited:

KamaL

Oct 2, 2006
500px.com
I've been using this patch since it was released, and it's been working flawlessly. Thanks goes to idsk for the original version and phouki for enabling this feature on all HTChome versions.

The next challenge is to enable other programs to work with the WAP proxies out there, such as Live messenger, FRING, and all other programs.

After a talk with idsk himself, he said that theoretically it can be done.

For htchome, he edited the htchome.dll in a hex editor, and searched the string "wininet.dll" and replaced it with "idskpxy.dll". Then he resigned the dll, and put idskpxy.dll in the same folder.

He actually started to work on Fring, and found it needs 12 functions to be re-routed to his hacked dll, but he hasn't been visiting the forum lately.

Personally I have no experience in hex-editing, I tried checking some exe and dll files and hex editing it, but with no success.

The question is : is there any developer or programmer out there who can check some popular programs and try to re-route the files to idsk's hacked dll file?

Last edited:

Creekboyz22

Mar 2, 2008
Orlando
A member (idsk) from the forums have created a patched HTCHome.dll that works with proxy connections. He has created 2 versions of the patched full versions of the HTC Home installer. His cab's can be found in his main post. I have created 2 cabs that would patch your already cooked or installed HTC Home. My cab install files will not change your customized Home or settings. Proxy setting is set to auto. If you want to force your proxy setting like I have, change your registry settings.

Note: When you force your proxy settings, updating through Wi-Fi or while sync'ed will not work.

Registry settings:

"ProxyType"
0 = auto proxy config (system config*)
1 = direct to net (without proxy, default)
3 = via named proxy

"Proxy"
named proxy, IP:pORT (only used if "ProxyType"=3)

"User-Agent"

"Url"
url of the weather server (must begin with "http:" and without parameters. the parameters will be appent to it after a '?')

*I noticed that the autoproxy option forces the program to take pie proxy config, so pie should be at least launched once.

Forced proxy connection for T-Mobile USA using (T-Mobile Web or T-Zones)
Set the following:
Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Be sure to backup your HTCHome.dll! If you already know which version you have then install the proper version you have. If not try the other patched cab. If either cab does not work, restore your HTCHome.dll

I take no credit for creating this proxy patch to work. All credits should goto idsk for his hard work.

His main thread is is here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=363417

Now after installing the Cab, do I have to go into the registry and change the settings or just leave it be. Because i've installed and try downloading and it wont let me. I did open IE and minimize it but still isnt downloading. However, Accuweather does connect to The proxy internet when attempting to download. Please help and thank you.

phouki

Apr 20, 2006
Now after installing the Cab, do I have to go into the registry and change the settings or just leave it be. Because i've installed and try downloading and it wont let me. I did open IE and minimize it but still isnt downloading. However, Accuweather does connect to The proxy internet when attempting to download. Please help and thank you.

Do you have proxy settings in your internet connections? You can try the forced proxy reg settings which is on the bottom of post #1.

VooDoo1

Jul 15, 2007
It's not letting me install either .cabs - says install was unsucessful...did I do something wrong? Im using the OEM ROM.

VooDoo1

Jul 15, 2007
Odd. Got them to install..and they BOTH jacked up my plug in...had to uninstall and reinstall HTC Home. Also...I tried forcing the proxy. Setting it to "0" still no go? What am I doing wrong?

VooDoo1

Jul 15, 2007
Odd. Got them to install..and they BOTH jacked up my plug in...had to uninstall and reinstall HTC Home. Also...I tried forcing the proxy and could not find in the string where it said anything about Proxy setting. What am I doing wrong?

Anyone? I'd really like to get this to work.

samxda

Oct 27, 2006
thanks, this is really great! 1.5 worked on my wizard 6.1.

unfortunately it also broke people and launcher tab in a way that you can't add things to the unused spots.

i'd still take weather sync over the above any day but if anybody knows how to fix those please let me know.

v2comp

Feb 4, 2004
Alabama
"User-Agent"

"Url"

in response to the above lines, do you leave the
"User-Agent"
blank or do you need to enter something for it in the registry? leaving it blank hasnt worked with or without the forced proxy for my wing through tmobiles $5.99 plan

"Url"
same for this, do I need to enter Accuweather.com or leave it blank?
any help would be appreciated as I have tried and tried every setting but with no success yet.

renzhe

Feb 3, 2008
randomly picked HTC Home Proxy Patch v2.1.cab with my ASERG.12.WM6.1E.WWE t-mo wing works perfectly!!!

12ka4

Jun 25, 2007
It's working man.

It's working man. :D

I'd installed 'HTC Home Proxy Patch v2.1.cab' & after soft reset I changed the proxy values with that of my operator in -
Proxy: x.x.x.x:8080

Last edited:

kicou

Apr 7, 2008
Nantes
Hi,

Thanks that's works well with version HTC Home 1.5 !!!!

But I have trouble with the 2.1 ! It's block my polaris when I
want to power down my device. Test full cab or just pach
same way.

- Long push on power button
- Poweroff message
- Confirm that's I want to power down
- The device put off the GSM
- the screen is powered off automaticly

But nothing happend after, the device is waiting for something !!!!!!!!!
If a put the power button , the device steel waiting and does power
off !

If I use the 1.5 works well (but is 6 tab and can't be customized)

Does anyone have this trouble with 2.1 version ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts