[BOOTANIMATIONS LINKS/INFO] [TUTORIAL] Galaxy Nexus Custom Boot Animations [23.08.13]

Search This thread

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
if you disable all the boot animations, you will see the word "android" with a nice effect as boot animation(this is the stock one), instead I replaced it with the words "Galaxy Nexus" and made the effect more dark(almost black&white).

Yes you have to replace the images in framework. it's really easy, as it doesn't need decompiling. But one has to replace the images, which isn't as easy as pasting a zip into a folder :p

I attached a zipthemer file, I hope it works, I' m not expert in zipthemer(please choose to make undo file in zipthemer)

you can see a video with BAD quality here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qQyfPUhMto&feature=youtu.be

Ok cool, cheers buddy, I have added this to the 'Boot Modifications' section of the top post:

If you are a fan of the oldskool 'android' boot animation then you might want to check out this great set of files that replace your boot animation with a custom Galaxy Nexus version created by nikosrs4

Galaxy Nexus boot files | Further Info | Video

:D

Reactions: nikosrs4

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
I made F-22 Boot Animation because it's a sweet jet!! It plays in landscape.

enjoy!

F-22_bootanimation2.gif

{I can't get this gif to play in the post. I'm confused - I'll get it figured out - or not. it's an animated gif, it plays on my computer. what gives? Got it, geesh, that was silly)

links below are a CWM flashable zip and just the plain bootanimation.zip file if you know where to put it on your own with your file manager.

CWM Flashable
bootanimation.zip

Top post updated:

F-22_bootanimation2.gif

F-22 In Flight by: bengals1975

sarshadd

Dec 29, 2010
I'm trying to use the custom boot animation I had on my n1 on my new gnex...

When I replace the old boot images with the new ones and re-compress the bootanimation.zip with CWM flash scripts the flash fails (or manually ./adb push just the bootanimation.zip it doesn't work).

Although I pulled the image files directly from the Nexus One version, they're the same 512x265 resolution as my previous gnex boot animation. The desc.txt file also specifies the higher 720x360 Galaxy Nexus Resolution...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe mac OS X doesn't correctly compress the file? I've attached the relevant PNG image files. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    4 MB · Views: 11

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
I'm trying to use the custom boot animation I had on my n1 on my new gnex...

When I replace the old boot images with the new ones and re-compress the bootanimation.zip with CWM flash scripts the flash fails (or manually ./adb push just the bootanimation.zip it doesn't work).

Although I pulled the image files directly from the Nexus One version, they're the same 512x265 resolution as my previous gnex boot animation. The desc.txt file also specifies the higher 720x360 Galaxy Nexus Resolution...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe mac OS X doesn't correctly compress the file? I've attached the relevant PNG image files. Any help would be appreciated!

Hey buddy,

Try flashing this, let me know if it works!?

**as always, make a back-up first**

Attachments

• sarshadd_nexus_CWMFlashable_bootanimation.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: sarshadd

SynysterXJ

Feb 28, 2012
I must be doing something wrong cause none of this is working for me. Running 4.0.4 Driven.

I've passed bootanimation.zip into system/media and data/local and still nothing?

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
Yes, that worked! What wizardry did you use to fix my error? Was it a dpi issue or something?

Ah brilliant, glad it's working now!

I extracted everything to start from scratch and check image files etc were ok. Opened the desc.txt and re-saved it using notepad++ (I've had problems in the past using basic text file editor).

Re-zipped everything using 7zip, no compression, just storage mode (I think this may have been the problem?) and then put it inside my 'empty CWM flashable zip file' to make it flashable.

Reactions: sarshadd

Lush78

Dec 29, 2011
great thread for those looking to keep their look custom... thanks to the op for all the effort and updates..

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
Ok i got a quick question... I flashed a Custom Bootanimation over ClockWorkMod And now i wanna push a new Bootanimation from Root Explorer , After i move it and Re-Boot the phone it still has the Bootanimation that i flashed From ClockWorkMod....

spaceman860

Jan 11, 2012
Ok i got a quick question... I flashed a Custom Bootanimation over ClockWorkMod And now i wanna push a new Bootanimation from Root Explorer , After i move it and Re-Boot the phone it still has the Bootanimation that i flashed From ClockWorkMod....

Did u erase the old boot animation and set permissions to rw-r-r

Sent from my GNex {GSM} T-Mobile

Reactions: JUSMEJOSE

bengals1975

Aug 4, 2010

where did you put the new bootanimation.zip? You should (in root explorer) navigate to data/local, delete (or rename) the bootanimation.zip file that's in there from the CWM install and paste your new one in that folder. Make sure the name is exactly bootanimation.zip.

if you are trying to put the new bootanimation in system/media but the CWM install process put one in data/local, the system will stop when it finds the one in data/local and never look for one in system/media.

Reactions: JUSMEJOSE

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
Hi all, top post updated with the following small but cool tutorial:

Oldskool

Ok, firstly, do you like to keep things simple...do you like the stock glowing 'android' boot animation??

android-logo-mask.png

If so, you'll be glad to know this is already included in your framework-res.apk located within whatever ICS ROM you may be running! To activate it, just do the following:

Using a root file manager delete the following files (if they exist):

/system/media/bootanimation.zip
/data/local/bootanimation.zip

Reboot your phone.

Done!

Top Liked Posts