Question [Q] Root help for Proscan PLT7223G - CPU: RK2928 - GPU: Mali-400 MP

Search This thread

4eyedgal

Sep 19, 2013
I have a 7" Proscan PLT7223G, CPU: Rockchip RK2928 1.008Ghz, GPU: Mali-400 MP dual core by ARM running Android jellybean 4.1 with Google Play in it.

(Not letting me post a url, but if you google "PLT7223G manual" you'll get a page where there's a firmware and pdf manual ready to download.)

This is a cheap device (the one I could afford till I buy a better one) that I bought from walmart and I would love to root this device but so far have found no help anywhere on the internet. I know an expensive device has many users and more chances of being rooted, but is it possible to root this fairly obscure one?

I am fairly comfortable with using Android SDK and JDK or any one-click installer.

Can any one help and/or point me to the right direction? It's overwhelmingly info-rich and confusing for an android newbie like me around here :S

I would be super super grateful if anyone can help me root this one.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
I have a 7" Proscan PLT7223G, CPU: Rockchip RK2928 1.008Ghz, GPU: Mali-400 MP dual core by ARM running Android jellybean 4.1 with Google Play in it.

(Not letting me post a url, but if you google "PLT7223G manual" you'll get a page where there's a firmware and pdf manual ready to download.)

This is a cheap device (the one I could afford till I buy a better one) that I bought from walmart and I would love to root this device but so far have found no help anywhere on the internet. I know an expensive device has many users and more chances of being rooted, but is it possible to root this fairly obscure one?

I am fairly comfortable with using Android SDK and JDK or any one-click installer.

Can any one help and/or point me to the right direction? It's overwhelmingly info-rich and confusing for an android newbie like me around here :S

I would be super super grateful if anyone can help me root this one.

Thanks guys.

Try installing SRT Appscanner from play store, once installed run that app and please tell me if either of the bugs say vulnerable please.

thebiggboss180

Aug 25, 2013
amman
I got my next book trendy 8 and it have no official root methods too but I rooted it with cidya impactor u can try it but u have to to install the USB drivers first

Sent from my EBM8000ND using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

U have to activate USB debugging mode. And SMERSH for cidya impactor and download widows version

Sent from my EBM8000ND using xda app-developers app

jfmajo

Sep 24, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
www.majo.me
I purchased the same tablet PLT-7223G-4K from Woot two weeks ago.

I can confirm that Cydia Impactor will successfully drop SU into /system/xbin. From there, I was able to get a # root prompt in ADB shell and do whatever I pleased. (Thanks to the persons above me for pointing that out, I was getting a little frustrated with this thing.)

I can also say that the generic Google USB Driver will work for connecting to this tablet. I am running Windows 7 SP1 x64 and had just updated the Android SDK prior to trying various methods to root the tablet.

If you need any more specific information, I would be happy to help, since I have the exact same tablet and purchased it for the express purpose of poking it with sticks.

4eyedgal

Sep 19, 2013
Success!

@Klown80 and @jfmajo Thank you very much! I've successfully rooted the device with cydiaimpactor without a single hitch. Got SU through adb shell and all! :D . Took less than 5 minutes! :D

Am loving this tablet now! It's actually quite fast and smooth now that I've been using it much.

Next stop: how to remove bloatware and make my inexpensive device even faster and show it off to my friends who got expensive ones eh!! Any suggested readings? Please do share!

Thanks so much again. You guys rock!

Last edited:
Reactions: manbat and sat2020

sat2020

Oct 1, 2013
help me please

@Klown80 and @jfmajo Thank you very much! I've successfully rooted the device with cydiaimpactor without a single hitch. Got SU through adb shell and all! :D . Took less than 5 minutes! :D

Am loving this tablet now! It's actually quite fast and smooth now that I've been using it much.

Next stop: how to remove bloatware and make my inexpensive device even faster and show it off to my friends who got expensive ones eh!! Any suggested readings? Please do share!

How can you root this device
please help me
How did you use?
Say the name of the program

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks....followed instructions from post # 6.....rooted in 5 minutes. These tablets showed up at work too cheap to turn down.....gives me something to play with until the VZW Note 3 Developers Editions get back in stock at Samsung ! :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk v 2.4.13

Raztan

Dec 6, 2013
+1 confirm for this method of root.
I've got the PLT7223G-K8G, It also runs on rk2928 This version has a 8gb flash and suppose to be clocked at 1.2ghz (more on that in a sec)

Got this at walmart blackfriday came with a KB case, suppose to be a Christmas present for my sister but I wanted to test it out
before giving it to here, I Just got into android my self 2 week ago.

Anyway I used I ran SRT appguard and it said it was vulnerable to 9695860 & 9950697
I tried detecting device in Cydia Impactor but it just said "requested resource not available" file missing?

So I used this USB driver here: ** Wont let me post links :( / See attached picture**

Cydia Impactor rooted successfully in about 30seconds, Funny srt appguard was still running and complained but it went thru anyway lol
Installed SU, all is good.
I was running WinXP x64

I could not find a firmware download for my particular model.. although you can find a list here:
** Wont let me post links :( / See attached picture**

Here's a list of firmwares for the 7223g model line
** Wont let me post links :( / See attached picture**

Now as for my particular model, I would not have bothered rooting it since it was suppose to be a gift however it has 2 problems.
1. The device is suppose to run at 1.2ghz.. mine is locked to a range of 800-1000 (awesome range huh?)
2. The governor seems to be really messed up.. no matter what type of load I put on it I could not get it to crawl out of 800mhz.

So I rooted to get Cpu tuner installed and working.. So now I've got it properly scaling ot 1ghz but that's still not right.

I've emailed CS but im not expecting much given the price and judging from their poor support on their website.
Debating if this shouldn't just go back to the store.

EDIT: Oh ya one more thing.. These tablets do not have a volume rocker.. just power button.. thought that was kinda on unusual other tablets I've seen all had volume buttons, I know that's usually how you boot them up into recovery.

EDIT2: LOL Well, dont bother emailing support.. I've tried twice both times bounced back fialure to deliver.
First time I thought it was because of the screen shot I attached, but 2nd one came back also.
Takes about a day for it to come back though, to lazy to look at the headers which are epic long.
Give them a call monday, probably gonna just return this tablet though.

EDIT3: Well I just realized the phone number is to Canada which counts as international on my cell.
So .. sent a email to their sales email hopefully that one don't get bounced.. If It does im probably gonna return it.

EDIT4: Ok sales address also bounces back, so both the email addresses on their site are borked.

EDIT5: Took it back for a refund, It developed a problem with charging on the 3rd cycle, it said it was 100% but the battery was flat dead and would turn off soon as I unplugged it.

I think the battery was bad I noticed it was warm right before this happen even when not doing anything..
To bad, tablet actually felt pretty solid in the hand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-06-01-11-41.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-06-01-11-41.png
    36 KB · Views: 729
  • proscan_tablet_urls.PNG
    proscan_tablet_urls.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:

smill37

Dec 13, 2013
Won't Show Up

I can't seem to get my Proscan to show up, I have all proper drivers installed, USB Debugging enabled, but it still doesn't show up :(

Raztan

Dec 6, 2013
How can I root my tablet rk2928sdk tsintech model i30
Thanks alot

Sent from my TSINTECH using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Use app guard to check and see if the device is vulnerable to 8219321 or 9695860
If it is then Cydia Impactor will likely root it.

I posted how I did it on the proscan I had 2 posts up.
Should be same process if your device is vulnerable to either of those security flaws.

horsemenofdeath

Mar 10, 2012
Ya It wont let me posts links because I don't have enough posts yet.
Do a search for SRT AppScanner in play store.

Ok I can confirm this works, downloaded root checker and root explorer. Both worked...is there a thread on here for this device or similar ones?
wondering how hard it would be to get a working custom recovery, would have to be something touch without keys, probably like TWRP. wouldnt mind doing some theme for this device.

Raztan

Dec 6, 2013
Ok I can confirm this works, downloaded root checker and root explorer. Both worked...is there a thread on here for this device or similar ones?
wondering how hard it would be to get a working custom recovery, would have to be something touch without keys, probably like TWRP. wouldnt mind doing some theme for this device.

I think this is the only thread on the device.. or at least the biggest.
My unit was suppose to be a present for my sister.. but it turned out to be trash.. at least my particular one was
CPU was capped at 1ghz not 1.2.. broken governor never let the cpu get above 800mhz (lowest freq)
and battery quit taking a charge on 3rd cycle (despite it saying it was 100% charged.. it was a lie)

Support is basicly non existent for proscan, some units don't even have firmwares on their website, support/sales email addresses just bounce stuff back.

Ended up returning it and getting a azpen a700 from micro center for 40 bucks, smaller outfit but at least they have something resembling support.
android 4.2.2, technically inferior ot the proscan I had but since the unit I had was garbage I guess that's moot.
It's surprisingly snappy for what it is Allwinner a13 @ 1.2ghz, kernel allowed up to 1.5ghz but the unit I got was unstable even at 1250 so they must run those tabs at the ragged edge of stability, no issues at 1.2 though.

If you got a good proscan I graduate you, The one I had actually felt very solid and good in the hand.
Slightly above average screen for cheap tabs.

jdb559

Jun 14, 2013
I updated my proscan plt-7223g with the firmware from curtis international now i dont have touch capability or internet connection. I'm still able to navigate with the keyboard. What i'm asking is if anyone has the stock image or stock firmware for it? It would awesome to get it back to out of the box state.

Reactions: stkt2ya

MikeSkiX

Feb 28, 2009

thanks i got my kids tablet rooted this way proscan plt7223g.. i want to installed a custom rom now any idea on speeding this tablet up ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I installed SRT Appscanner and ran it. All apps OK, it said.

Go here then:

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

If you need help installing adb driver try www.snappea.com. Just install on Pc, then when program prompts you connect phone to PC with USB Debugging enabled and it will take care adb driver for you.
    I purchased the same tablet PLT-7223G-4K from Woot two weeks ago.

I can confirm that Cydia Impactor will successfully drop SU into /system/xbin. From there, I was able to get a # root prompt in ADB shell and do whatever I pleased. (Thanks to the persons above me for pointing that out, I was getting a little frustrated with this thing.)

I can also say that the generic Google USB Driver will work for connecting to this tablet. I am running Windows 7 SP1 x64 and had just updated the Android SDK prior to trying various methods to root the tablet.

If you need any more specific information, I would be happy to help, since I have the exact same tablet and purchased it for the express purpose of poking it with sticks.
    Success!

I updated my proscan plt-7223g with the firmware from curtis international now i dont have touch capability or internet connection. I'm still able to navigate with the keyboard. What i'm asking is if anyone has the stock image or stock firmware for it? It would awesome to get it back to out of the box state.