[Q] Low volume when using headphones on Galaxy Tab

Search This thread

jrinco11

Jul 7, 2005
Hi all - has anyone else had issues with the volume when using a headset being way too low? I've tried the headset that come bundled, as well as my iPhone earbuds as well as 3 other pairs and they all sound substantially lower in volume than on my iPhone or Samsung Wave. I've made sure that the media/system/etc volume(s) are all at 100%, yet I can hardly hear a movie play back when on the train but have no issues when using my iPhone, Wave, or even sandisk clip mp3 player...

thoughts?

bgreens

Dec 3, 2010
I had this issue and it drove me crazy. Then I realized that I had to push the headphone jack in harder to go all the way in. Once I did that, the volume was outstanding. I had to push harder than I expected.

dykefish

Nov 26, 2010
I also noticed lower max headphone volume when compared against a similar product. Hopefully a patch will take care of this. I'm using a BT motorola s9.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using XDA App

jrinco11

Jul 7, 2005
I had this issue and it drove me crazy. Then I realized that I had to push the headphone jack in harder to go all the way in. Once I did that, the volume was outstanding. I had to push harder than I expected.

I noticed that too actually - at first I realized I could push it in more ever so slightly (more effort to do so than I would've' thought), but unfortunately that didn't change anything :-\

I also noticed lower max headphone volume when compared against a similar product. Hopefully a patch will take care of this. I'm using a BT motorola s9.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using XDA App

ah, so you're having the issue w/a bluetooth headset too? I've just been able to try wired headsets/phones

Last edited:

beestee

Dec 24, 2008
Same issue here, fully plugged in.

Most noticable in-call with CSipSimple.

Anyone not having this issue?

Ulderico

Dec 23, 2010
I had a similar issue with volume set to max. I realized that if you reduce the volume and then increase it again up to max everything is fine.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

creed55

Dec 31, 2010
Volume too low

I have the same problem. I spoke with Samsung support and was told that they know of no way to increase the volume.

Go figure...

Anyone figure this out yet? Or is the Tab too new to receive enough attention?

LordRevan

Jan 17, 2011
Latina
Hi guys, I need help about this issue. Samsung stock headphones are well set into the hole and i can hear during a phone call but it is really really low. And no matter if you push it down strongly it just doesn't improve. It is a bit better with media. Tried some Sony Ericsson phones, a bit better bust still very low. Mic works fine in both cases. Help me please, because I can't make decent phone calls.

LordRevan

Jan 17, 2011
Latina
Anybody having this issue? I am stuck with headphones. They work almost fine when watching media content. The volume during a phone call is almost impossible to hear even with no background noise.I have tried different headphones but it's not helping. I still have to make a test using bluetooth. Is it a hardware issue or a software issue? I have a stock rom (Model: GT-P1000, FW: 2.2, BB: P1000XXJK5, Build: FROYO.XWJJ7). Do you think I can solve the issue upgrading to Gingerbread?

kuroz91

Jul 28, 2008
Paris
Voodoo Control

Hi everybody!

Did you try the market app 'Voodoo Control'? Nice one to maximise volume, but this requires a custom kernel implementing voodoo patches, I assume.

caveman999

Dec 21, 2010
Austin
I had this problem too, but with the newest version of the Overcome ROM on gingerbread voodoo control is built into the kernel which allows you to increase the maximum volume of headphone output by using the voodoo control app.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SGH-I987 using XDA Premium App

LordRevan

Jan 17, 2011
Latina
You are mainly saying that the only way to use my tab as a phone is by installing a custom ROM? Upgrading to 2.3 stock ROM would not fix the issue I assume.

razeenmk

Oct 19, 2011
Kochin
theinforoom.blogspot.in
Hi all - has anyone else had issues with the volume when using a headset being way too low? I've tried the headset that come bundled, as well as my iPhone earbuds as well as 3 other pairs and they all sound substantially lower in volume than on my iPhone or Samsung Wave. I've made sure that the media/system/etc volume(s) are all at 100%, yet I can hardly hear a movie play back when on the train but have no issues when using my iPhone, Wave, or even sandisk clip mp3 player...

thoughts?

Most probably its a software error. Try wiping cache partition.
Go to theinforoom blog there is a solution there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simply go to settings, equalizer, custom, set all frequencies to max... enjoy the extra volume