Can't log in with XDA app or tapatalk on android

Search This thread

wtzky

Apr 16, 2014
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me fix this issue. Only started occurring today for some reason after a reboot.

Basically I'm logged in to XDA with the app, however I can't reply or view notifications etc as it comes up with an error "security error (user may not have permission to access this feature)"

The same error occurs when I try with tapatalk.

Strangely though I'm still getting notifications like before, I just can't view them when I open the apps.

I can log in with no problems using tapatalk on my iPad and using web browser.

Tried clearing cache, reinstalling apps, wiping app data and reboot with no success.

Is there any way to get these working again?

wtzky

Apr 16, 2014
Also, this doesn't happen when I'm on wifi. I searched these forums and google and found one post from 2011 saying to uncheck 3g compatibility in settings but I can't find that setting anywhere in the app or in general phone rings :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

byte9

Oct 17, 2012
Bump. Anyone have any idea how to fix this please?

Same issue, i thought at first it may have been redirects through tapatalk servers breaking. Disabled those, with crappalins. After doing that it persisted and then found links from 2012/13 where the problem existed and they said that any links that involved search would be disabled via applications to help server load(as they were under heavy load)

I can't confirm as nobody else is talking about it but I'm still effected on/off. Hard linked threads like "Q&A" of any given device will work but things that require a search like "participated" for your username don't generally work.

Not a solution, but sharing of sufferage. ;)

wtzky

Apr 16, 2014
Same issue, i thought at first it may have been redirects through tapatalk servers breaking. Disabled those, with crappalins. After doing that it persisted and then found links from 2012/13 where the problem existed and they said that any links that involved search would be disabled via applications to help server load(as they were under heavy load)

I can't confirm as nobody else is talking about it but I'm still effected on/off. Hard linked threads like "Q&A" of any given device will work but things that require a search like "participated" for your username don't generally work.

Not a solution, but sharing of sufferage. ;)

Do you also have the same problem with the XDA app? I find it really strange that this behaviour occurs over 2 apps.

It's also started occurring intermittently now ; may work completely fine for 3 days then it breaks for a couple of days.

byte9

Oct 17, 2012
I don't use XDA app but it's not the app. All times I've read of it both apps are effected. Its server side whether mobile portal overload or intentional dispersement of traffic by server Admins.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

trentonmc24

Jul 16, 2013
I have a somewhat similar problem, I can't seem to use this app while on my home wifi, but if I connect to my mobile network (Verizon) the app loads and works perfectly. My home wifi always causes the app to say failure to load, even though everything else with my home wifi works. Ive tried clearing data, uninstalling/reinstalling. No luck.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

Raiz

Forum Moderator / XDA Welcome Team
Staff member
Yeah, me too. Login problem, for the development, please fix this problem ASAP. Thank in a tons.

I have the same trouble. If someone will solve it, I will be very thankful if you will write the solution here
First of all, you revived a thread from 2014 lol.
And second, around the 30th of November, XDA will have a big update, including the app. So your problem may be fixed by the upcoming update. Read more here : https://www.xda-developers.com/big-changes-to-xda-forums-are-coming-soon/