[Q] Customization Ideas Help

Search This thread
Jul 5, 2014
Hey guys. I just rooted my Galaxy Mega with the Kingoapp, very easy and is awesome so far. I have supersu and a few rooted apps already. Just wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions of other apps to use with this since there isn't that many options with this device already. I do have Xposed Installer already as well.
Thank You

alexischino

May 5, 2013
Redmi Note 8
Well i think you should first install a custom recovery before you start to mod your device. That way you will have a way to recover your device. just in case that somthing goes wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Well i think you should first install a custom recovery before you start to mod your device. That way you will have a way to recover your device. just in case that somthing goes wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would want to know what variant he has before suggesting he do something like that. If he has i527, he is going to have a brick with a 6.3 inch screen.

Yes, I thought I recognized from other post......he has ATT variant. We have no recovery yet.
DO NOT FLASH ANYTHING.
You have exposed and you have not upgraded yet. Keep your eye on your phone though, it may want to upgrade on its own. I am pretty sure root will protect you however.
Hopefully there will be more Xposed modules that work for you than me.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

ianneo

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne
I would like to add that do not unroot and update to the new firmware. You will gain knox and it is a right pain. If you want to keep root access and custom recovery (as of writing this, there is no recovery for the AT&T variant), STAY ON JELLY BEAN to keep these privileges.

Reactions: captemo

mikey85

Oct 22, 2008
Wanam module. You can make it look like a custom rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

Opie Knievel

Dec 18, 2012
Brodhead, KY
Buy Titanium Backup Pro. Freeze the Auto Updates app. This way you don't have to worry about an OTA coming through and killing root. It's definitely worth the money even if this is the only thing you use it for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to add that do not unroot and update to the new firmware. You will gain knox and it is a right pain. If you want to keep root access and custom recovery (as of writing this, there is no recovery for the AT&T variant), STAY ON JELLY BEAN to keep these privileges.