[7-26-13][RECOVERY][CWM][OFFICIAL] ClockworkMod Recovery

Search This thread

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I am not sure what happen. I got a Note 2 and had it for a week. Used this cwmr to flash on it. Then had to return it to Verizon because I had a speaker issue. Got a new Note 2 opened the bootloader and repeated the same process as the old one. But on this phone after flashing cwmr in twrp doesn't seem to work. Every time I try to boot into cwmr it flickers then turns into a blank black screen.
Help please. Never had this problem ever before and had plenty of phones that I have rooted and modified.

Also as a note: I also tried to install cwmr via rom manager and it does the same thing. :(

Can you hook it up to your computer and see if adb is working in recovery? If so, run the following, open up the file that you pull from the phone with Notepad (or similar) and paste it somewhere online (PasteBin, Pastie, etc.) and link me to it and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Just curious, why does everyone hate TWRP?

I have seen on numerous devices where TWRP doesn't always handle device asserts properly, but this never happens with CWM. Not sure why, but it happens, and this isn't limited to just phones, I've seen it on tablets as well, and the problem comes and goes. Also, does one really need all the features TWRP offers? I only go into recovery for 10 minutes at the most in one time, and that would be backup, flash, reboot. The added niceties that TWRP offers are great, but do people really need them/use them?

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Can you hook it up to your computer and see if adb is working in recovery? If so, run the following, open up the file that you pull from the phone with Notepad (or similar) and paste it somewhere online (PasteBin, Pastie, etc.) and link me to it and I'll see if I can figure it out.

I have seen on numerous devices where TWRP doesn't always handle device asserts properly, but this never happens with CWM. Not sure why, but it happens, and this isn't limited to just phones, I've seen it on tablets as well, and the problem comes and goes. Also, does one really need all the features TWRP offers? I only go into recovery for 10 minutes at the most in one time, and that would be backup, flash, reboot. The added niceties that TWRP offers are great, but do people really need them/use them?
Very true.

SirVilhelm

Dec 17, 2008
Just curious, why does everyone hate TWRP?

I used it once to make a backup and install a new rom. I forgot I needed something from the old rom but when I tried to do a restore I got boot loops. Never used TWRP again. CWM has never failed me so for me its a trust issue.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Another question, how do we keep this updated?

auzzybear31

Aug 14, 2011
I am confused...i have read around and dont understand what a FAT32 card means. I have an 8gb class 10 card, will i be able to use that if i wanted to use CWM?

themichael

Jul 15, 2011
New York
You should be able to keep CWM updated from within ROM Manager. I'm not sure if there are other ways to keep it updated or not. I will occasionally go through and put new builds in the OP for flashing from recovery, but I won't keep up with every release.
awesome, would love to use cwrm but scared until the patched kernel is applied

nicko42004200

Dec 17, 2011
shelby township
Re: [12-21-12][RECOVERY][CWM][OFFICIAL] ClockworkMod Recovery

Any idea on exfat support?

sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c., wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!

Clarkkent434

Nov 20, 2010
Metropolis
droid-nation.com
You should be able to keep CWM updated from within ROM Manager. I'm not sure if there are other ways to keep it updated or not. I will occasionally go through and put new builds in the OP for flashing from recovery, but I won't keep up with every release.

I am running the latest official version of CWM from the op but Rom manager thinks it version 5.5.0.2. Why is that? Is that going to be fix?

eikast

Feb 22, 2012

I reformatted my external to FAT32 and flashing this. Thanks. I was missing
Touch CWM

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

nicko42004200

Dec 17, 2011
shelby township

Yeah I no fat32 works but. My 64 gb card is formatted to exfat. Latest clm touch recovery can see the folders and files. But when I pick one to flash it errors out saying drive not available or something like that. So I have to move the file I'm flashing into the internal memory and then flash . It works but it's just kinda a pain to move stuff back and forth. Cuz of the low space internally. Also is the a program or a way the compress the backups? Cuz at 2gb a piece it fill a whole lot a space quickly.

sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c., wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!

NattyBee

Dec 11, 2010

Thanks, Imnuts! Glad to see you on the Note 2 scene, and glad to see some CWM love...TWRP is nice on SafeStrap, but with this device I much prefer the CWM...thanks again!

Btw, I'm sure you'll be either watching the game or going to it, but Flyers vs Penguins tonight...Go FLYERS!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

ufkal

Sep 10, 2010
St. Louis
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Useful Things
Enable only one "No" when going to flash a zip
Code:
adb shell touch /sdcard/clockworkmod/.one_confirm

Hide files being backed up during nandroid (speeds it up a little)
Code:
adb shell touch /sdcard/clockworkmod/.hidenandroidprogress

Perform incremental backups rather than full backups every time (faster on subsequent backups)
Code:
adb shell "echo dup > /sdcard/clockworkmod/.default_backup_format"

If my backups are on a extSD, then I would change the path to /extSdcard/?

would that even work? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
On the official CWM site, it lists v6.0.3.0 of CWM Touch. Even though it's a .img format, I can't get any programs to open or extract it. Is there a zip version?

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
The current version is actually now up to 6.0.3.2. New builds are in the OP.

AH! I must be blind, I didn't see the OP was updated, was thinking it was still 6.0.2.5

On a side note (2),

I'm still running stock VRALJB on the phone, but have it rooted, unlocked, and CWM 6.0.2.5 installed.
Now that Adam has the new tool to root and unlock build MC3, do you think it's best for me to do which of the following:

1) Flash the Return to Stock (or alternate) and then do the OTA to get to LL4 then MC3. Then use Adam's root/unlock and install CWM Touch 6.0.3.2 after. Followed by setting up all my other apps/settings on the phone.

or 2) Just flash the Stock Root Odex CM3 Rom since it rooted and unlocked bootloader already. Then just install CWM Tocuh and my apps/settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not everyone likes TWRP, and options are always good. So, I ported CWM to the VZW Note 2. Now that it was ported, Koush built us official images as well, so now we can get CWM Touch. Flash the new images via ROM Manager, download them yourself from the ClockworkMod site, or I've packaged the current builds (v6.0.3.4) in flashable zips for your convenience.

Download
    Standard CWM
    Touch CWM
    UNOFFICIAL Touch CWM w/exFAT support

Known Issues
    External SD Card doesn't work if it is exFAT, FAT32 should be unaffected

Thanks
    Koush for building the official images for us
    ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3

Android File Host

Standard Version
    Touch Version

Dev-Host

Standard Version
    Touch Version

Sadly I don't have the knowledge on how to do the exFAT support so sorry on that. Thanks imnuts for porting CWM and Koush for building us the official images.
    Useful Things
    Enable only one "No" when going to flash a zip
    Code:
    adb shell touch /sdcard/clockworkmod/.one_confirm

Hide files being backed up during nandroid (speeds it up a little)
    Code:
    adb shell touch /sdcard/clockworkmod/.hidenandroidprogress

Perform incremental backups rather than full backups every time (faster on subsequent backups)
    Code:
    adb shell "echo dup > /sdcard/clockworkmod/.default_backup_format"
    ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3

Android File Host

Standard Version
    Touch Version

Dev-Host

Standard Version
    Touch Version

Sadly I don't have the knowledge on how to do the exFAT support so sorry on that. Thanks imnuts for porting CWM and Koush for building us the official images.

Thanks, I'll update the exFAT version when I get a chance :)
    $30
    Confirmation number: (Unique Transaction ID #49D528186R1464417)
    imnuts@gmail.com

I enjoyed your roms on the droid charge.

also donated to:
    Scott Brissenden Unique Transaction ID #35B793757G451632M
    ashley black Unique Transaction ID #8YD93450KM5882703)