[Q] help with random reboots

Search This thread

Stevepoff

Sep 25, 2012
My device just started doing random reboots then it gets stuck in a boot loader. It constantly does this.

Here is what I've done:

reflashed my current rom.

Please someone help me

I am using validus 13 rom

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Does it reboot on a stock ROM?

Are you running stock performance settings? Have you tried wiping cache and dalvik?

Stevepoff

Sep 25, 2012
Does it reboot on a stock ROM?

Are you running stock performance settings? Have you tried wiping cache and dalvik?

It seems to happen when I try and wake the phone. kind of like I'm long pressing the power button, the screen will come up that has power off and reboot go away and come back two or three times then the phone shuts off.

I havent tried a stock ROM. I'm wiping the cache and dalvik now.

I am running stock performance settings

Sometimes I have to reboot 3-4 times for the phone to come back on.

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
It could be a power button issue or it could be a ROM issue. You're running the latest release 4.3 of Validus?

Vamfoom

Feb 18, 2014
I had these random reboots with the custom ROM out there. Returning back to stock solved it for me.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

Stevepoff

Sep 25, 2012
I tried flashing multiple ROMS and it still happens. I'm thinking it may be a power button issue, I just set my home button to wake the phone and set the screen to time out quicker then usual is my only fix.

4b3ck

Nov 17, 2013
I tried flashing multiple ROMS and it still happens. I'm thinking it may be a power button issue, I just set my home button to wake the phone and set the screen to time out quicker then usual is my only fix.

If it is not home button issue and if you have reboots with only custom roms, you should try to check kernel voltages using trickster mod app. Too low or too high voltages may cause reboots.

Stevepoff

Sep 25, 2012
If it is not home button issue and if you have reboots with only custom roms, you should try to check kernel voltages using trickster mod app. Too low or too high voltages may cause reboots.

What should the voltage be?

I haven't changed anything on the kernel. I flash what is built with the ROM