[Q] Trouble with [OS - 1.10.605.2]

Search This thread

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana
Having trouble with this OS because I want to update to (Sense 5.5) (4.4.2) but I'm stuck on (Sense 5.0) (4.2.2). Just becoming extremely frustrated and cannot find a firmware update to move my OS up to 1.10.605.10 or even 1.10.605.8.

I am on Verizon and have HBOOT - 1.54, Superuser, S-OFF, and Bootloader Unlocked. Right now after what I have been reading today it seems as if I am stuck with this OS and wont be able to receive the OTA updates to get a better ROM.

Although one good thing that happened is I just got my recovery working today thanks to "philz_touch_6.19.3-m7vzw"

So if anybody and I mean anybody has any suggestions on how I can do this or even point me in the direction of the best ROM for my requirements it would be greatly appreciated.

I do not remember rooting being this difficult with my Thunderbolt.

Best regards,

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Having trouble with this OS because I want to update to (Sense 5.5) (4.4.2) but I'm stuck on (Sense 5.0) (4.2.2). Just becoming extremely frustrated and cannot find a firmware update to move my OS up to 1.10.605.10 or even 1.10.605.8.

I am on Verizon and have HBOOT - 1.54, Superuser, S-OFF, and Bootloader Unlocked. Right now after what I have been reading today it seems as if I am stuck with this OS and wont be able to receive the OTA updates to get a better ROM.

Although one good thing that happened is I just got my recovery working today thanks to "philz_touch_6.19.3-m7vzw"

So if anybody and I mean anybody has any suggestions on how I can do this or even point me in the direction of the best ROM for my requirements it would be greatly appreciated.

I do not remember rooting being this difficult with my Thunderbolt.

Best regards,

does the phone even see any updates available ?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

this RUU will get you to .10
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-m7_wl_jb_50_vzw_1-10-605-10_decrypted-zip/

Instructions for Flashing RUU Zip Files:
Download the RUU.zip file and place in your ADB/fastboot folder. I would recommend renaming the zip file to something simple like ruu.zip.

Boot your phone into the bootloader by holding the power and vol up/down buttons at the same time until you see the bootloader screen or if you have your phone booted you can use the ADB command:

adb reboot-bootloader

Now use these fastboot commands:

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Should see the Silver HTC logo. Now issue this command to flash your phone using the ruu.zip file:

fastboot flash zip ruu.zip

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark. When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

**Notes about the RUU.zip method. You still need to have the proper CID for the RUU. You can run the RUU.zip with super CID, but you will have to lock your bootloader first. If you are running the RUU.zip as base to downgrade all your firmware because you are going to then going to restore a stock Nandroid so the RUU might not be made for your MID, so you may need to edit the android-info.txt inside the ruu.zip to include your MID or CID.

Reactions: xxshererxx

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana

Download the RUU.zip file and place in your ADB/fastboot folder. I would recommend renaming the zip file to something simple like ruu.zip.

Boot your phone into the bootloader by holding the power and vol up/down buttons at the same time until you see the bootloader screen or if you have your phone booted you can use the ADB command:

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Should see the Silver HTC logo. Now issue this command to flash your phone using the ruu.zip file:

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark. When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

**Notes about the RUU.zip method. You still need to have the proper CID for the RUU. You can run the RUU.zip with super CID, but you will have to lock your bootloader first. If you are running the RUU.zip as base to downgrade all your firmware because you are going to then going to restore a stock Nandroid so the RUU might not be made for your MID, so you may need to edit the android-info.txt inside the ruu.zip to include your MID or CID.

Just curious so after I flash this RUU, what is my next step? To download a custom ROM suitable for 4.4.2?

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana
Also I'm "SuperCID 11111111" probably should have mentioned this earlier.

Everything worked and had no issues, but now I'm confused on what to do next.

I don't want to install the newest OTA update because it seems that people are having issues with it.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Also I'm "SuperCID 11111111" probably should have mentioned this earlier.

Everything worked and had no issues, but now I'm confused on what to do next.

I don't want to install the newest OTA update because it seems that people are having issues with it.

Then just flash back to your custom recovery and root the phone
flash this from recovery >> http://download.chainfire.eu/382/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip

Also if you choose to flash roms please stay in the Verizon forums.. most of the Roms you find in this area are not for your phone

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana
Then just flash back to your custom recovery and root the phone
flash this from recovery >> http://download.chainfire.eu/382/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip

Also if you choose to flash roms please stay in the Verizon forums.. most of the Roms you find in this area are not for your phone

Alright so after tinkering around all day I have, HBoot-1.56, with KitKat 4.4.2, and OS- 3.11.605.1.

I have the bootloader unlocked thanks to SuperCID
Also S-OFF

I just cant find a way to root it or which recovery to flash on it.

Any suggestions?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Alright so after tinkering around all day I have, HBoot-1.56, with KitKat 4.4.2, and OS- 3.11.605.1.

I have the bootloader unlocked thanks to SuperCID
Also S-OFF

I just cant find a way to root it or which recovery to flash on it.

Any suggestions?

Are you still stuck ? OS- 3.11.605.1 is not android 4.4.2 it's 4.3
what happened to the recovery you used in the first post ?
openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.4-m7vzw.img
http://flyhalf205.com/getdownload.php?file=recoveries/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.4-m7vzw.img

Last edited:

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana
Yeah I was a little to tired to realize what I was talking about last night.

I was going back and forth between studying java, ascii, and unix for my exam earlier today and trying to get my phone squared away.

Now I'm curious about updating my baseband unless it really won't make much of a difference.

But this is where I ended up at.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394089548381.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394089548381.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 12
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394089558147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394089558147.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-m7_wl_jb_50_vzw_1-10-605-10_decrypted-zip/

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot reboot