Absolutely lost and stuck on CM11.

Search This thread

androidmando

Jul 10, 2012
Hi folks,

So, a friend decided it'd be a great idea to run the CM installer on my GS3...it's a little buggy and I prefer stock because I'm a bit of a noob, but I can't seem to figure out where to begin. I downloaded Odin, and I have Clockwork recovery installed...but when I tried to load on the stock md5 it didn't work, which is probably a good thing because I'm rather lost and I'll brick my phone. It was running the latest TouchWiz (kitkat, I assume?) and it's the AT&T version. I don't have any interest in the warranty matter, just want to get back to normal, easy-to-use TouchWiz. Any help (and by help, I mean a step-by-step tutorial) would be appreciated and I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks.

Viper67857

Dec 14, 2013
If you don't already have a terminal emulator app, download one. Run the following command:

getprop ro.bootloader

Respond with the result.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-1.1

Viper67857

Dec 14, 2013
Then you need both the ktoonsez kernel and either the odex or deodex rom (your choice). You may also need to change to twrp or philz touch recovery, not sure if the version of cwm you have will install that rom. Maybe someone with more experience in step by stepping can chime in here to tell you exactly what to do. Otherwise search for twrp, install it, boot to it, do a factory wipe, then install the two zips mentioned above (rom and kt747 kernel, in that order).

androidmando

Jul 10, 2012
Then you need both the ktoonsez kernel and either the odex or deodex rom (your choice). You may also need to change to twrp or philz touch recovery, not sure if the version of cwm you have will install that rom. Maybe someone with more experience in step by stepping can chime in here to tell you exactly what to do. Otherwise search for twrp, install it, boot to it, do a factory wipe, then install the two zips mentioned above (rom and kt747 kernel, in that order).

Difference between the odex and the deodex? sorry