[Q] developement .. original or not?

Search This thread

double b26

Feb 14, 2013
West Virginia, USA
LG Velvet
so, ive noticed there are two development sections for this device, and many others. one is 'original development', the other is just 'development'. what gives?!?

i can only figure its one of two things.. either a hardware change during the model run, or that the first section simply became full, and a second 'non original' section needed made for newer material. im probably wrong on both counts tho, right?!

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Android Development is ment for small changes, let's say you take an existing ROM (i.e: CM11) and you just add a few things like a different launcher or if you port an already existing ROM like MIUI, in reallity you are not "developing" something original, something of your own and so it gets classified under "Android Development".

Now if you take CM sources and start adding different things, new things, create a new ROM based off that, something that is not currently being worked for the phone (take for example AxxionKAT ROM from thatkawaiiguy, he took CM as base and started to add more and more things to his rom. There it becomes "Original Android Development, something fresh :).

That's how I get it

Reactions: double b26

double b26

Feb 14, 2013
West Virginia, USA
LG Velvet
Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks.

Its not searching thats the problem.. its that i like to be sure of what im looking at, and what the difference is.

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Development is ment for small changes, let's say you take an existing ROM (i.e: CM11) and you just add a few things like a different launcher or if you port an already existing ROM like MIUI, in reallity you are not "developing" something original, something of your own and so it gets classified under "Android Development".

Now if you take CM sources and start adding different things, new things, create a new ROM based off that, something that is not currently being worked for the phone (take for example AxxionKAT ROM from thatkawaiiguy, he took CM as base and started to add more and more things to his rom. There it becomes "Original Android Development, something fresh :).

That's how I get it