[webtop] webtop2sd discussion (currently version 2.0.1)

Search This thread

zekeb

Apr 19, 2012
Also in the same boat....I have a Bionic on stock .902
It is rooted.
Webtop HDMI hack installed
busybox installed and copied to /system/etc/webtop2sd/busybox
Permissions are all 777
Webtop2sd installed and completes installation with no error.

Diagnostics:
webtop2sd version: 2.0.1
Mount executable version: webtop2sd/2.0.0
Custom busybox installed: Y
webtop configurator version: 33
Currently mounted webtops: webtop, mmcblk0p2

Only booting into standard webtop.

Figured it out - it was actually working, but I did not have a tux icon. Adding the Bionic MBM.tar.bz2 patch allowed me to use ctrl-alt-T to get a terminal, and I was off!

Last edited:

soocold

Jun 29, 2010
does any one have an easy way to do the "mount -o remount, rw / " at boot? Ive done some searching and I cant wrap my head around it.

And second and the one that matters a little more to me, enabling my swap partition in webtop. I already have the partition created, but thats where im stuck.

TIA

g33kygurl

May 23, 2012
Eclipse 2.2/Safestrap/lapdock/Webtop2SD

Good afternoon. I posed this issue in the Droid Bionic forum also, but I figured I might post it here as well. I rooted my phone last night for the purpose of using webtop2sd. I figured if I was rooting it, I might as well flash it, right? So I did. I used safestrap to flash the eclipse 2.2 rom. (my phone is a verizon droid bionic). After flashing it, I realized there was an issue with using the lapdock. Based on what I've read, its an incompatibility issue with safe strap. I'm completely new to flashing, so I'm not even sure how to change from safestrap to boot strap. Also, when I open webtop2sd, device to partition and webtop partition size are ghosted. I have an 8gb card that is mostly empty (and I have ordered a 32gb card) so space shouldn't be an issue.

1) Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to use Eclipse 2.2 with the lapdock successfully
2) why are my partitioning options ghosted on webtop2sd?

Note: I realize that the second question could be related to the first issue. Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated!

paramax55

Apr 24, 2009
I have read and read and I don't remember where I read what right now... but I haven't see this:

I am trying to update from Ubuntu 10.10 to Ubuntu 11.04. Update manager does it's thing but, towards the end, it stops and tells me that I don't have enough memory. I have a 10GB partition for webtop on my SD card (yes, it's using it). It says that I need to free up 10.5 megs additional space. Just for $hit$ and grins, I uninstalled OpenOffice and freed a lot more than that, but I got the exact same error.

What, exactly, is moved to the SD card? I noticed that "/" is still on the phone and that is where it is trying to install the upgrade. Is the Kernel on the phone and just system files on the SD card? "/osh" doesn't seem to be a part of "normal" Linux.

I understand "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" but when you are trying to get help on the Linux forums, they really poo-poo you and won't help if you are running a version that is two updates old.

Do I need, maybe, to compile my own kernel and manually move it over to the phone? Captain Picard re-programmed a communicator to be a reflector beam once using a paper clip, so surely updating Ubuntu must be possible!

stockton350

Mar 6, 2013
Will webtop2sd work on a Bionic running 4.0.4 and webtop 3.0?

I find webtop 3.0 a lot more stable than the last version, but I'd prefer to have the unbuntu desktop environment back. Can I still use webtop2sd to do that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: Please keep this thread restricted to Bionic-specific issues. Atrix (and general) webtop2sd issues should be discussed in this thread instead. Threads for other devices are referenced at the top of the main webtop2sd thread.

Discuss webtop2sd here (the other thread will be kept clean for announcements, FAQs, etc.).

Before you report an issue:

Make sure it's not on the Known Issues list first!.

Basic debugging, since these are going to be questions I ask anyways:

• If you hit problems with the Android webtop2sd application, you'll need to tell me the error, and give me the last few lines of adb logcat. Run this adb command, which will filter out most of the unimportant lines:
      • adb logcat ActivityManager:i AndroidRuntime:i webtop2sd:i *:s
    • Are you actually booting from your SD card? You can find this out by checking the Diagnostics tab in webtop2sd, under "Currently mounted webtops". If webtop isn't listed, you're not booted from your SD card. If this is the case, report what ROM you're running from.
    • Don't worry about webtop-configurator on the Droid Bionic for now. The current version won't work, but the next version will.

Note: One of the early updates will involve being able to create a filesystem file in /data so that you don't need an SD card (something that was present in earlier versions of my scripts but ended up being impractical for the Atrix, but is quite practical for the Bionic).

Thanks to tallnerd1985, who made this port possible.