Verizon killed off download booster.

Search This thread

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
Yea, this was disappointing. Like my M8 without the power saving modes.. All this US carrier bull. At least with the M8 we have S-off already and have added the features back.. While it'd be awesome, I just don't see the exploits for the S5 coming as fast... But I didn't expect it to happen to the M8 that fast either.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bobo2xtreme

Oct 7, 2010
Yea, this was disappointing. Like my M8 without the power saving modes.. All this US carrier bull. At least with the M8 we have S-off already and have added the features back.. While it'd be awesome, I just don't see the exploits for the S5 coming as fast... But I didn't expect it to happen to the M8 that fast either.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You like the m8 so far?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dec 25, 2012
Wouldn't Verizon stand to potentially make more money with the download booster? If people are using data more when downloading they would be more apt go over their data limit?

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
Wouldn't Verizon stand to potentially make more money with the download booster? If people are using data more when downloading they would be more apt go over their data limit?

You're assuming that people who download faster are gonna download more stuff....not necessarily true....

And if it's not true, then all download booster is doing is taking up extra unnecessary bandwidth

bobo2xtreme

Oct 7, 2010
Having the ability to go faster is all I wanted. I hate waiting for a download to finish just on my wifi because it is faster and like roms are usually more than 300 mb per update. If people didn't download more stuff it would still probably make some people upgrade another 2gb so they don't go over and take advantage of the download booster. That is what I would do. Another 10 a month for more data and take advantage of the faster speeds.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
I really don't care, I do have unlimited data and download speeds are fast enough, plus I have an AC router at home, I hit 120mbs on my S4 on wifi and expect the same on my S5.

onyx51

Apr 15, 2014
Download Booster

There's another forum for the S5 that gives you a way using an alternate launcher to access download booster. The one thing stopping it once turned on is the ability to turn on the specific mobile network mode.

Nova launcher allows you to add shortcut then go to settings and find download booster. It's one of the selling points for the phone that I enjoy. I'm from a rural area so when I go home to visit I want to combine the connections when needed.