[Q] Can't get out of soft brick, I think I've tried everything. Please help.

Search This thread

flapflip22

Oct 7, 2011
California
Long story short usually first thing I do is root and rom my phones, but I recently got an HTC One off of swappa and loved it, didnt see a reason to root. I figured I would give dual-booting via multiboot a shot, so I HTC Dev unlocked it, rooted it, installed elemental kernel, and flashed CM11. Well CM11 wouldnt boot and I tinkered so I just figured I would cut my losses, so I followed the instructions to remove it which wiped my SD card. I was on linux, and couldn't get fastboot usb, just fastboot ac. So I hopped on a friends computer, Win8.1 and downloaded a special set of drivers and whatnot, got ADB and fastboot running. TWRP wasnt working very well, it wouldnt let me use ADB so I fastboot installed CWM. I managed to push cyanogenmod to it, but kept getting an error that wouldnt let me install it. So I figured next thing to do would be RUU it, and I got my version number and matched the CID and all that, it failed with an error 12. Both .exe and .zip give me the same error. Well not its 3am and I've been at it for 5 hours now, I dont know what to do. It seems like everything I try to do fails. Please give me some advice.

RELOCKED
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.57.000
RADIO-4T.27.3218.14
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Long story short usually first thing I do is root and rom my phones, but I recently got an HTC One off of swappa and loved it, didnt see a reason to root. I figured I would give dual-booting via multiboot a shot, so I HTC Dev unlocked it, rooted it, installed elemental kernel, and flashed CM11. Well CM11 wouldnt boot and I tinkered so I just figured I would cut my losses, so I followed the instructions to remove it which wiped my SD card. I was on linux, and couldn't get fastboot usb, just fastboot ac. So I hopped on a friends computer, Win8.1 and downloaded a special set of drivers and whatnot, got ADB and fastboot running. TWRP wasnt working very well, it wouldnt let me use ADB so I fastboot installed CWM. I managed to push cyanogenmod to it, but kept getting an error that wouldnt let me install it. So I figured next thing to do would be RUU it, and I got my version number and matched the CID and all that, it failed with an error 12. Both .exe and .zip give me the same error. Well not its 3am and I've been at it for 5 hours now, I dont know what to do. It seems like everything I try to do fails. Please give me some advice.

RELOCKED
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.57.000
RADIO-4T.27.3218.14
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Your problems started at trying to install cm11 with elementalx kernel, that's a sense kernel and cm is not a sense Rom, so unlock your bootloader again and flash twrp 2.6.3.3 to your phone, push a sense Rom of your choice to the phone and flash it, I'm guessing the ruu isn't working as you can't back flash with s-on and you already have the newest os / firmware on your phone according to your hboot version

Reactions: flapflip22

flapflip22

Oct 7, 2011
California
Your problems started at trying to install cm11 with elementalx kernel, that's a sense kernel and cm is not a sense Rom, so unlock your bootloader again and flash twrp 2.6.3.3 to your phone, push a sense Rom of your choice to the phone and flash it, I'm guessing the ruu isn't working as you can't back flash with s-on and you already have the newest os / firmware on your phone according to your hboot version

Will give this a try, thanks

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
and dont forget, 4.4+ sense roms (i.e arhd) must be flashed using twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 and newest CM11 roms must be flashed using twrp 2.7.1.1 because of the new fstab layout introduced May, 2014

flapflip22

Oct 7, 2011
California
and dont forget, 4.4+ sense roms (i.e arhd) must be flashed using twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 and newest CM11 roms must be flashed using twrp 2.7.1.1 because of the new fstab layout introduced May, 2014

Noted, just flased 2.6.3.3 and adb pushing a sense 6 rom. Kinda funny, 2.6.3.3 connects to adb on linux but no other recovery would. Granted it wont let me side-load but as long as I can push files I'm good. Just tested it by pushing a random zip file, all is good. Just gonna wait for it to finish downloading, adb push it and try to flash it. If all goes as well as I hope it should work. I'll let you guys know if I need more help.

Thank you so much.

alray

May 22, 2012
Noted, just flased 2.6.3.3 and adb pushing a sense 6 rom. Kinda funny, 2.6.3.3 connects to adb on linux but no other recovery would. Granted it wont let me side-load but as long as I can push files I'm good. Just tested it by pushing a random zip file, all is good. Just gonna wait for it to finish downloading, adb push it and try to flash it. If all goes as well as I hope it should work. I'll let you guys know if I need more help.

Thank you so much.

if you cant sideload its probably because you are using an outdated version of adb. latest version of adb is 1.0.31. however, you'll be fine using adb push.

flapflip22

Oct 7, 2011
California
if you cant sideload its probably because you are using an outdated version of adb. latest version of adb is 1.0.31. however, you'll be fine using adb push.

Alright, managed to adb push to files to my phone but now it just says "updating partition details..." then "error flashing zip /sdcard/myrom.zip" and FAILED at the bottom. What next?

alray

May 22, 2012
Alright, managed to adb push to files to my phone but now it just says "updating partition details..." then "error flashing zip /sdcard/myrom.zip" and FAILED at the bottom. What next?

you might want to wipe everything + format data then push the rom again and install it. Also check MD5 of the rom

flapflip22

Oct 7, 2011
California
you might want to wipe everything + format data then push the rom again and install it. Also check MD5 of the rom

It worked! Followed your instructions, then I used a CM 10.2 rom and a JB kernel and it worked just fine. Next I'm gonna s-off and superCID it so I wont have to go through any of this again, and then flash the ROM and kernel I want. Probably not gonna tinker anymore until later when the newest HTC sense release comes out.

alray

May 22, 2012
It worked! Followed your instructions, then I used a CM 10.2 rom and a JB kernel and it worked just fine. Next I'm gonna s-off and superCID it so I wont have to go through any of this again, and then flash the ROM and kernel I want. Probably not gonna tinker anymore until later when the newest HTC sense release comes out.

:good: happy flashing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RELOCKED
    M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.57.000
    RADIO-4T.27.3218.14
    OS-
    eMMC-boot 2048MB

Thank you so much.

:good: happy flashing