Titan LCD lights up but no Windows/text/pictures/

Search This thread

experx

Jan 22, 2012
My Titan slipped, the screen broke. The screen broke but the phone was functioning.

I tried and replaced the digitizer.

Now, when I power up, nothing comes on the screen (no windows etc).

The phone boots fine, LCD is lit, I can hear the sounds during boot, phone is charging etc etc.

Anyone know what might be the issue ? Only thing that went wrong during repair was the volume control cable broke. I thought I cannot use the volume control but can that me the cause ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

IronMan1289

Nov 29, 2011
Bakersfield
If the screen doesn't turn on at all check to see the bottom ribbon cable is not damaged and inserted correctly.
If it turns on but the touch doesn't register correctly check that the top ribbon cable is inserted right, and also that "ALL" of the pins in the connector are in place!!

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

experx

Jan 22, 2012
Thanks for the reply.

The screen turns on a but its all white light.
I don't see anything else like windows loading, logos etc. I checked both ribbons, it can hears the sounds while booting, basically cannot see anything related to software.

If the screen doesn't turn on at all check to see the bottom ribbon cable is not damaged and inserted correctly.
If it turns on but the touch doesn't register correctly check that the top ribbon cable is inserted right, and also that "ALL" of the pins in the connector are in place!!

IronMan1289

Nov 29, 2011
Bakersfield
Did you also replace the LCD?
Have you tried a hard reset if it's a software issue?
Also with the original digitizer on did it boot up?

IronMan1289

Nov 29, 2011
Bakersfield
So if you are assuming it is in fact a software issue try connecting to Zune and restoring!