Razr HD Cases

Search This thread

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
One thing you might notice (if you had where you bought it put a zagg screen protector on it as did I) that after a few days of use the screen from the otter box may stick to the screen of the phone itself and cause a oil slick look to it, due to either static electricity, or just friction between the two screens. Now don't get upset cause its a very simple fix, gently use finger nails and just take the rubber off the outside and then you will see little clips all the way around the otter box plastic shell. No need to pry on anything at all, just place your fingernail into the slots one by one starting from the middle of the side with volume keys and work your way out. Then take the front portion of the otter box (side with clear plastic) and take a bottle of baby powder and gently squeeze the bottle to put a very thin layer of powder onto the screen. If done correctly the screen will not stick to the phone and it should be crystal clear, now it is very possible and will most likely happen you're first to third try, that you will out too much powder on and sunlight will show it terrible though indoor it will not show hardly at all. If that happens just lint free cloth the screen and otterbox screen and try again. When you mist the OB screen, hold it face down in the air and him the powder at the middle about 5" away from the screen, if you see a white plume of powder, it was too much. Good luck!!

Droid RAZR HD (current)
LG Optimus One P-504 (For Sale)

Ban-Hammer

Aug 17, 2011
Who cares
You can't simply remove the OB protector in favor of the almighty Invisible Shield?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
Well yes of course you can but you are running a risk of getting debris and dirt possibly moisture in the phone if the OB is not completely sealed from the elements.

Droid RAZR HD (current)

lobie81

Jul 15, 2011
Townsville
Has anyone got the Tetded leather case? http://www.tetded.com/home/en/droid...rola-droid-razr-hd-xt926-troyes-lc-black.html

Looks pretty good. I want some screen protection, but this case seems slimmer than the other leather options. Not cheap at $45USD, but not the most expensive either, that would be Noreve. The other main option is Pdair, which are cheaper, but I'm not a big fan of their designs. Apart from Fortte, the quality of the leather of others is questionable...

Would love some feedback.

Also, anyone know where to buy Melkco's leather case? http://www.melkco.com/scripts/main/viewitem-MORH92LCJT1BKLC-RH92.html It seems to be almost exactly the same as teh Tetded one. None of their online agents seem to stock it.

cheers

Edit: I've ordered the Tetded leather case. Will give some feedback when it arrives. It'll probably take a couple of weeks to get to me in Australia...

Last edited:
Anyone has used the BODYGLOVE DROPSUIT for this phone, i had it for the RAZR M and is the best!! Now i bought the XT925 and i cant find it ! Any idea?!

Update. Seems i cant use this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Body-Glove-...997307?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item19d7a3797b because the RAZR MAXX HD is 131.9 x 67.9 x 9.3 mm and the RAZR HD XT925 is 131.9 x 67.9 x 8.4 mm / so 0.9mm of difference could made the case loose?? or not?

Last edited:

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
Well the otter box screen kept sticking to the zagg screen driving me insane, I tried the baby powder trick and all that and yeah it worked but the display on this phone is way to beautiful to cover it with white specs. So I gently removed the otter box screen and clipped it back together and its great now with just the zagg, I think I'm going to take small strips of weather strip to completely seal the screen to the case for better water proofing. Just touching base about the otter box, still love it BTW :)

Droid RAZR HD (current)

lobie81

Jul 15, 2011
Townsville
Has anyone got the Tetded leather case? http://www.tetded.com/home/en/droid...rola-droid-razr-hd-xt926-troyes-lc-black.html

I've ordered the Tetded leather case. Will give some feedback when it arrives. It'll probably take a couple of weeks to get to me in Australia...

So my Tetded leather flip case arrived the other day. I ordered it on the 18th so it got here from the US in about 10 days. Doesn't get much quicker than that, especially for free shipping...

The quality is excellent. It's basically a moulded plastic clip on case with a thin layer of leather over it, and obviously the front flap attached. It's *very* slimline for a leather case, or any case with screen protection, for that matter. I was after something with screen protection that isn't too bulky, and this definitely fits the bill. The screen flap is rigid and has slight padding. The finish and stitching are very high quality.

There is one very slight problem. The fit is very slightly too tight. The sides of the case clip onto the phone properly, but I can't quite get all four corners to clip on properly at the same time so, typically, the top right and bottom left corners don't quite clip on and cause a very small gap between the case and the phone near those corners. It is quite possibly something that will sort itself out with a few days of use, but I've contacted Tetded to see what they can tell me about it. It's not a huge deal and you cannot notice it at all unless you are really looking hard for it, but I would have expected a premium product like this to fit perfectly...

So apart from that, and I'll report back how, or if, that gets resolved, I'm really happy with the case. I was after something with screen protection that didn't add much bulk or thickness and still looks good. It definitely does all those things. Assuming the minor fit issue gets sorted one way or another, I'm very happy with what I got for my money.

Edit: So no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't quite get the Tetded case to clip onto the phone properly. I contacted Tetded and, to their credit, they've done everything they can to help. I was going to exchange for another one, but the rep says they can't guarantee compatibility as the case was designed for the XT926 and while the phones are meant to be physically identical, they want to do some further research one the differences between the two models. So they're giving me a refund instead. It's a pity because I was really happy with the quality design of the product.

So back to the drawing board with a decent leather flip case. It's becoming more and more apparent that Noreve and Pdair are really the only options.... Can I justify the money for the Noreve???

Last edited:

hoss789

Jul 26, 2011
Fargo, ND
really like the Incipio Feather Razr HD case

I just ordered one of these on Amazon...

Will let you know how it goes...I also ordered the Diztronic so hopefully I'll be able to compare them. Had a diztronic for my epic 4g touch, which I loved.

This message had a link to the Incipio Feather Razr HD case from Amazoin but XDA would not let me repost a link because I am new to the site.

I bought the same case in grey. the grey case really make my white Razr HD pop. It is one of the nicest, most durable cases I have ever used. I have had mine on since November, shortly after I upgraded from the Thunderbolt. I do not remember how many dozens of cases I went through on the TBolt. I had picked up a bunch of cheap ones on eBay and this is nicer than any of those. There is just not a lot of option for the Razr HD, For some reason several manufactures make cases for the Razr Maxx HD but not for the non-Maxx phone.

I cannot recommend the Incipio case any higher (I only wish they made one in white to match my white phone). The Razr selling point was how thin it is. The Feather case allows you to have a case and still have a thin phone. I do not get the point of buying a thin phone and then putting an inch thick case on it (I'm looking at you, Otterbox).

adamjmtz

Jan 5, 2013
So my Tetded leather flip case arrived the other day. I ordered it on the 18th so it got here from the US in about 10 days. Doesn't get much quicker than that, especially for free shipping...

The quality is excellent. It's basically a moulded plastic clip on case with a thin layer of leather over it, and obviously the front flap attached. It's *very* slimline for a leather case, or any case with screen protection, for that matter. I was after something with screen protection that isn't too bulky, and this definitely fits the bill. The screen flap is rigid and has slight padding. The finish and stitching are very high quality.

There is one very slight problem. The fit is very slightly too tight. The sides of the case clip onto the phone properly, but I can't quite get all four corners to clip on properly at the same time so, typically, the top right and bottom left corners don't quite clip on and cause a very small gap between the case and the phone near those corners. It is quite possibly something that will sort itself out with a few days of use, but I've contacted Tetded to see what they can tell me about it. It's not a huge deal and you cannot notice it at all unless you are really looking hard for it, but I would have expected a premium product like this to fit perfectly...

So apart from that, and I'll report back how, or if, that gets resolved, I'm really happy with the case. I was after something with screen protection that didn't add much bulk or thickness and still looks good. It definitely does all those things. Assuming the minor fit issue gets sorted one way or another, I'm very happy with what I got for my money.

Edit: So no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't quite get the Tetded case to clip onto the phone properly. I contacted Tetded and, to their credit, they've done everything they can to help. I was going to exchange for another one, but the rep says they can't guarantee compatibility as the case was designed for the XT926 and while the phones are meant to be physically identical, they want to do some further research one the differences between the two models. So they're giving me a refund instead. It's a pity because I was really happy with the quality design of the product.

So back to the drawing board with a decent leather flip case. It's becoming more and more apparent that Noreve and Pdair are really the only options.... Can I justify the money for the Noreve???

That one looks pretty cool! Nice razr hd cases have been few and far between lately.

WCM3

Feb 25, 2011
Diztronic

Just bought the diztronic case for my MAXX HD and it's amazing. I always thought diztronic were cheaper cases but this one fits perfect!

lobie81

Jul 15, 2011
Townsville
I've bitten the bullet and ordered the Noreve case. I really hope it lives up to expectations...

So my Noreve case arrived yesterday. It's very well made, it offers very good protection to my phone, and the phone fits very well... But it's nowhere near as nice as the Tetded case. It's bulkier, the finish isn't as precise, and it doesn't look as good. I'll keep using it because it offers good protection to my phone and screen, which is what I was after, but I'd much rather have the Tetded case.

So I'm a bit disappointed...

If you have an XT926 and you're tossing up between the two, I would go for the Tetded every time. Tetded tell me that their cases should fit an XT926 no problem, even though mine didn't my XT925 which is physically identical, as far as I'm aware...

Would I buy a Noreve case for my next phone? Probably not for $50, which is what this one cost me. I'd probably be more inclined to pay less for the Mercury or Pdair cases, even though they are lower quality leather, to be honest.

Hope that's helpful.

sghurrie

Mar 19, 2013
I just picked this one up as well, I'm still waiting for it to arrive (Should be today/tomorrow). Thanks for the pictures of the case MrMorphine! I wanted the black but at twice the cost I don't think so :p (Cheap Winnipegger). The grey/silver looks great.

Hello all.
I found the Incipio Feather Case at a local Rogers store this weekend.
They had the pink, blue and grey versions.
At first I was disappointed, as I always have had black cases.
But the grey is very nice and I've quickly grown to love it. I think it looks great on the phone. I find it is more dark silver than grey personally.
Pics below.

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
Im about to order the otterbox commuter for the razr hd. anyone have one of these?

I have the Defender cause my job being brutal and the phone is flawless still after numerous slams and drops, makes the phone a bit thick but makes it feel very reliable, and it is.

Droid RAZR HD (current)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Incipio Feather Case

Hello all.
    I found the Incipio Feather Case at a local Rogers store this weekend.
    They had the pink, blue and grey versions.
    At first I was disappointed, as I always have had black cases.
    But the grey is very nice and I've quickly grown to love it. I think it looks great on the phone. I find it is more dark silver than grey personally.
    Pics below.
    Since I am trying to pre-plan a case purchase for my incoming Razr HD, and found this portion of the Razr HD section almost empty, I thought I would post a few links to cases that caught my eye.

Diztronik Razr HD Case
    Seems to be a minimalistic case, matte black.

Razr MAXX HD w/ kickstand

Hybrid Razr HD Case

Hope this helps in your search...
    Since I am trying to pre-plan a case purchase for my incoming Razr HD, and found this portion of the Razr HD section almost empty, I thought I would post a few links to cases that caught my eye.

Hope this helps in your search...

Just to let you know that second case is not for the Razr Maxx HD, it's probably for the original Maxx. It will obviously block the camera.
    6adygu7a.jpg

http://www.seidioonline.com/seidio-Motorola-DROID-RAZR-MAXX-HD-s/8567.htm

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    There should be no difference between XT925 and xt926 cases

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2