Crazy battery stats

Search This thread

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
That's because you guys are very light users. USE your phone and you'll see how the battery life dwindles.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Bsmith0731

thegoob

Aug 16, 2010
Nanty Glo
Google Now on?
All Location services on?
Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
Screen brightness?

Google now and the location services in google maps are HUGE battery users, but I never see if people use them or not. All these 7h, 1day battery life people are NEVER on LTE as seen in their screen shots, its ALWAYS Wifi (which uses less battery) or i don't even see a data indicator at all.

All these variables makes these battery claims baseless. Case in point: my roomate turns off data on her Galaxy Ace II, she gets 6 days battery life.

Location services on,full screen brightness,hsdpa:11,and wifi,and google now on

godfirst

Jul 6, 2010
Somewhere Giving God All The Glory!
That's because you guys are very light users. USE your phone and you'll see how the battery life dwindles.

Agree, heavy usage with LTE and wifi drains the battery crazy. Can barely make it to 5hr of screen on with LTE,phone calls, wifi, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

taphius

Jan 5, 2010
Ive used up to 2 hours and I can only push 4 hours of screen time.

I'd love to know what they are doing to get 9 hours plus.

Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Skynote 8.1 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock

Same. I usually get 4.30 or so but I suppose sitting at 2-3 bars causes a lot of drain when it is searching for a stronger signal

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
Google Pixel Fold
I'm curious to know how the battery holds up to someone actually making a lot of calls on their phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
first 3 pictures are not a typical day for me, but still good considering i was in an area of town with poor signal strength (relative to my home). the second three were in an area that had better signals, but i got hammered with about 150 emails for the day and had to respond to about one-third of them.. nonetheless, battery continues to perform well for my usage patterns.

Last edited:

simonxliu

Sep 15, 2010
Wanna see pathetic? I'm at the drag races with my son. Been texting and have taken a few pictures. No apps running wild in the background.

If I'm reading that screenshot right then your phone has been held awake for 2 hours when the screen has been on for only 30 minutes. Definitely an app running wild, or something's broken. Your phone was awake almost 2/3 of the time when the screen was OFF. What does the system battery stats say is using the most? Use something like better battery stats to track down the wakelock.

You're still going to get about the same amount of screen time per charge whether you USE your phone continuously for 8 hours or a mix of use/idle time for like 20 hours. Someone with light usage will probably lose hours of screen on time just to auto sync.

Last edited:
Reactions: azturbomini

Mad383Max

Dec 20, 2009
Google Now on?
Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
Screen brightness?

Google now and the location services in google maps are HUGE battery users, but I never see if people use them or not. All these 7h, 1day battery life people are NEVER on LTE as seen in their screen shots, its ALWAYS Wifi (which uses less battery) or i don't even see a data indicator at all.

All these variables makes these battery claims baseless. Case in point: my roomate turns off data on her Galaxy Ace II, she gets 6 days battery life.

Well not going to get in a big debate but just because it shows wifi on doesn't mean it is connected and being used.

Here is a run on Lte only. Google now on. Location services on. Push on Gmail and exchange account. Auto brightness on set to half. This was on stock rooted and self debloat ed rom. I do not use any social apps so they are bloat to me and removed.

Signal strength is a biggger battery killer that a lot of people don't realize. Fortunately I have good signal most of the day.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361705477381.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361705477381.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 311
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361705493724.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361705493724.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 314
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361705525795.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361705525795.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 305

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
first 3 pictures are not a typical day for me, but still good considering i was in an area of town with poor signal strength (relative to my home). the second three were in an area that had better signals, but i got hammered with about 150 emails for the day and had to respond to about one-third of them.. nonetheless, battery continues to perform well for my usage patterns.

Nice..

Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Skynote 7 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Well not going to get in a big debate but just because it shows wifi on doesn't mean it is connected and being used.

Here is a run on Lte only. Google now on. Location services on. Push on Gmail and exchange account. Auto brightness on set to half. This was on stock rooted and self debloat ed rom. I do not use any social apps so they are bloat to me and removed.

Signal strength is a biggger battery killer that a lot of people don't realize. Fortunately I have good signal most of the day.

That's a good two days in my opinion.

Current Roms: Skynote 7 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock

Reactions: azturbomini

azturbomini

Jun 9, 2010
If I'm reading that screenshot right then your phone has been held awake for 2 hours when the screen has been on for only 30 minutes. Definitely an app running wild, or something's broken. Your phone was awake almost 2/3 of the time when the screen was OFF. What does the system battery stats say is using the most? Use something like better battery stats to track down the wakelock.

You're still going to get about the same amount of screen time per charge whether you USE your phone continuously for 8 hours or a mix of use/idle time for like 20 hours. Someone with light usage will probably lose hours of screen on time just to auto sync.

This is pretty typical of what's running in the background.
Also, I reflashed my Rom and started with a clean slate lastnight.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361724015355.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361724015355.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 287
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361724033268.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361724033268.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

UrbanLagoon

Dec 13, 2012

I use mine like a mother ****er. And I get 6+ hrs always!

A lot of bloatware removed.
Screen on time after normal charge: 7-8 hours always.

mainguy21

Feb 22, 2008
i should have taken a picture of mine 2 days ago..,mine was at 2 days 17 hours with 15% left with moderate usage.

spotify on bluetooth with speaker

play ski safari alot

web

text

phone calls

on wifi 24/7

youwonder

Dec 22, 2011
Yeesh I only get 4-6 when I'm running a stock based ROM, you guys getting 9-10 are magicians. What are you guys doing? My usage is pandora/internet browsing on LTE

Mad383Max

Dec 20, 2009
How much Pandora do you listen to? I haven't used it before but assume it hits the battery similar to listening to music stored locally: screen off but the phone will not go into deep sleep. Plus you would have the lte radio active because it is streaming from Web.

On days when I listen to music through Walkman, I generally only get 6 or 7 hours screen time. That is with 3 to 4 hours of listening. Take a look at your 'awake' hours. I figure you are probably getting at least 10 hours awake or more.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Yeesh I only get 4-6 when I'm running a stock based ROM, you guys getting 9-10 are magicians. What are you guys doing? My usage is pandora/internet browsing on LTE

Wi-Fi is your battery friend!! :D
But driving around switching from different towers, it will drastically change how the battery holds up. Pandora doesn't use that much,, it's if your on LTE that's where the power is being used up...
My battery stats posted above was being home all day on Wi-Fi.
Just my 2¢ :cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

youwonder

Dec 22, 2011
Wi-Fi is your battery friend!! :D
But driving around switching from different towers, it will drastically change how the battery holds up. Pandora doesn't use that much,, it's if your on LTE that's where the power is being used up...
My battery stats posted above was being home all day on Wi-Fi.
Just my 2¢ :cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Guess I'll try a run with wifi only and not going anywhere over the weekend or something.

You guys getting the crazy battery are on the stock ROM?

Mad383Max

Dec 20, 2009
Guess I'll try a run with wifi only and not going anywhere over the weekend or something.

You guys getting the crazy battery are on the stock ROM?

On stock rom for the 2 day run on MOBILE lte data NO wifi! If you have a good mobile signal, lte is not going to hurt your battery. I get the same battery life whether I use wifi or lte. It is when you have weak signal or are moving in out of weak areas causing the phone to hunt for a signal that causes more drain. I haven't personally been in an area where this happens recently to notice much of a drain but have seen it in action on the Note 1.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you guys take the argument on a PM?

My stats soo far, JDEVIL ROM L7 ROM w/Included Kernel(cant remember which one)

Watched two 90 min movies on Netflix, connected to WiFi and excellent 4G signal, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail w/1 hour sync intervals, 5 hours(not consistant) of web browsing, heavy texting and a few calls

Thanks not sure how that keeos happening on all my versions they all seem to hit the 23 hour mark. Kinda odd but awesome. I got many inboxes and post in the forums of the magic number 23 lol. Thanks for trying my work buddy.

JDEVIL ZODIAC POWERED ROMS
    Google Now on?
    Edge? 3G? LTE? Wifi?
    Screen brightness?

Can you guys take the argument on a PM?

My stats soo far, JDEVIL ROM L7 ROM w/Included Kernel(cant remember which one)

Watched two 90 min movies on Netflix, connected to WiFi and excellent 4G signal, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail w/1 hour sync intervals, 5 hours(not consistant) of web browsing, heavy texting and a few calls

Agree, heavy usage with LTE and wifi drains the battery crazy. Can barely make it to 5hr of screen on with LTE,phone calls, wifi, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Ive used up to 2 hours and I can only push 4 hours of screen time.

I'd love to know what they are doing to get 9 hours plus.

Current Roms: Skynote 8.1 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock

Same. I usually get 4.30 or so but I suppose sitting at 2-3 bars causes a lot of drain when it is searching for a stronger signal

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2