Need HELP, Samsung gt-s7580 trend plus

Search This thread

Phyxious

Mar 2, 2014
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not a moderator please move it to the right place.

I rooted my Samsung GT-S7580, following the tutorial on this forum, everything went ok. After rooting I wanted to use an app called GL to SD (tried FolderMount first but it didnt work due to some faulty thing) after I opened it it said that it needed to change some folder/files issues and rebooted.

Now I can;t access "device storage" anymore, can't install anything. If I plug in the USB cable all I can see is the external sd card and Phone 127MB/128MB but if I open it's empty. I cant copy anything to either locations. Same thing with the phones file explorer I can only access the external sd card, if I click "Device Storage" it's empty for a second then it backs up.

I did a factory rest ... same thing. Please tell me there is a way to fix this and I didn't just make my phone a paper weight.

I can still use odin and android recovery system.

Last edited:

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not a moderator please move it to the right place.

I rooted my Samsung GT-S7580, following the tutorial on this forum, everything went ok. After rooting I wanted to use an app called GL to SD (tried FolderMount first but it didnt work due to some faulty thing) after I opened it it said that it needed to change some folder/files issues and rebooted.

Now I can;t access "device storage" anymore, can't install anything. If I plug in the USB cable all I can see is the external sd card and Phone 127MB/128MB but if I open it's empty. I cant copy anything to either locations. Same thing with the phones file explorer I can only access the external sd card, if I click "Device Storage" it's empty for a second then it backs up.

I did a factory rest ... same thing. Please tell me there is a way to fix this and I didn't just make my phone a paper weight.

Iif this isn't a Note 3 (N9005) you aren't going to get any help here...
Each device has its own way to root and different recovery. If you flashed something from this forum in all likelyhood you have (possibly) bricked your phone...

My suggestion would be to find your stock rom and flash that... Then (hope you backed up) wipe everything and try again...

Phyxious

Mar 2, 2014
I used a tutorial for my phone model and like I said the rooting went fine. I was able to install and uninstal apps, even rebooted it a few times. The problem was after that gl to sd app did something to my file system. Most things still work, I'm on it right now. It seem that I can't access its internal memory

tnslf2k

Aug 2, 2009

Click top-right corner.
Press samsung restore.

Phyxious

Mar 2, 2014
Click top-right corner.
Press samsung restore.

Going to need a little more details than that ...
Anyway it seems that I can install apps if I transfer their apk on my sdcard on another phone and then put the sd card in my samsung, I installed es file explorer and I can access some parts like /sdcard/ but not /storage/emulated/legacy that one is "not found", maybe it's a permission issue?

Phyxious

Mar 2, 2014
Start gl to sd.
Then click top-right corner(three dots).
Press "Restored samsung".

I would do that, if I could find some place to download gl to sd apk .. I can't install using google play and seems all links lead there.

EDIT: The newest version I could find (2.2.0) only has "move data". "Show mounted folders", "Purchase PRO" and "Setting" under those 3 dots and none of these show a restore setting or any mounted folders.

Last edited:

tnslf2k

Aug 2, 2009
Please update v2.2.22
Only new version has this feature.
I would do that, if I could find some place to download gl to sd apk .. I can't install using google play and seems all links lead there.

EDIT: The newest version I could find (2.2.0) only has "move data". "Show mounted folders", "Purchase PRO" and "Setting" under those 3 dots and none of these show a restore setting or any mounted folders.

Phyxious

Mar 2, 2014
I poked around more and it seems the only place I can;t access is /storage/emulated (it's empty). Added some screenshots

Attachments

• 2014_03_13_11.35.46.png
    2014_03_13_11.35.46.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 430
  • 2014_03_12_21.49.30.png
    2014_03_12_21.49.30.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 403

fedorixe

May 17, 2018

I have the same problem, but the system writes "Not enough memory to install applications". Installed via Google Play, through the apk files - nothing works. Does anyone know what exactly this program is changing? I am excruciated wildly. I do not want to reflash the phone.