Bell SGH-I747M - There is no PIT Partition

Search This thread

the.teejster

Aug 14, 2008
I was running PAC-ROM and updating regularly to the latest version. Last version was April 16th.
The phone was working fine but all of a sudden for no reason it rebooted and was stuck at the PAC Loading screen.
I realized something weird was going on so I went into TWRP to reflash but it wasn't able to mount any of the partitions... NOT GOOD @#$# so all writes failed.

So then I decided to ODIN back the 4.3 stock rom (from sammobile).
If wrote for about 15 minutes and then FAILED.

Odin V3.07 now gets stuck at initialization.

Odin V1.85 shows more useful information (color of ID:COM box is yellow when) :
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I747MVLUEMK5_I747MOYCEMK5_I747MVLUEMK5_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Device shows the following :
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747M
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (1 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER RP SREV: 1

Can anyone provide me with a Bell S3 16G PIT file ??
I was able to find the AT&T version but couldn't find anywhere if this will work on my phone.. I did read that it didn't work on a TELUS phone so I'm reluctant to try it.

Any help would be appreciated or is there is anywhere in the Toronto area I could bring the phone to be fixed, that would also help !

Thanks in advance.

the.teejster

Aug 14, 2008
After deciding to try the ATT PIT file I got the following in ODIN (see image):

Sadly,
The device won't even turn on now... Looks like a hard brick.... sigh..

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,042

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Any sounds when you connect the phone to your computer? Any lights with or without the battery installed?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I think you need to go through the de-brick procedure. If that doesn't work, you may have to have it JTAG'd.

the.teejster

Aug 14, 2008
Thanks,
I'm trying this debrick method now :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549068

debrick img didn't seem to write to the SD card the 1st time so I'm still working on it.

I got the Debrick image to work so my phone now boots into download mode again via the ext SD card. Unfortunately I still can't write the stock image as it still complains of a missing PIT file.
I tried the att file but it show Auth failed on the phone so I'm at a loss... Sigh..
Any ideas on how to get a flashable PIT file for Bell?

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
The out file is in the tar file I still think it may have been corrupted, the first thing I would do is download a new file from SamMobile or samsung-updates

Sent from my thl T11 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

SORRY PIT file not out file

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

I would also easy nand before flashing and if it flashes then it will usually bootloop and I have to go into recovery and format data and cache, but that is what has worked for me in the past

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Erase nand

the.teejster

Aug 14, 2008
Not quite sure I understand all your feedback but I'll try to respond.

- Corrupted tar file : The file I have is good as I have used it before. I downloaded again to err on the side of caution and MD5 was the same for both so I know the file is fine.

- Easy Nand : I assume you mean "Nand Erase All".
From what I read this is only useful if the partitions are stuck in read only mode :
Sometimes when you flash a ROM (TouchWiz or AOSP), there is a risk of the /system and /data partitions not wiping correctly thus leading them to be formatted with R/O permissions rather than R/W. This makes it impossible for the phone to boot up because no data can be written. Not even a typical ODIN flash back to stock or rooted stock will fix this. Using CWM to flash another ROM will yield the same no boot results.

In my case, when I started out, TWRP couldn't even mount ANY partition which tells me the PIT is corrupt or missing.I think I'm back to requesting a BELL SGH-I747M PIT file... sigh...

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for any additional insight you can offer.

I'm starting to think that my internal memory is simply toast but will continue to try.

The out file is in the tar file I still think it may have been corrupted, the first thing I would do is download a new file from SamMobile or samsung-updates

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

SORRY PIT file not out file

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

I would also easy nand before flashing and if it flashes then it will usually bootloop and I have to go into recovery and format data and cache, but that is what has worked for me in the past

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Erase nand

Last edited:

the.teejster

Aug 14, 2008
Folks,
Apparently the PIT file can be generated on a rooted device by running the following command in the terminal emulator :

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/out.pit bs=8 count=481 skip=2176

This should generate a file named "out.pit" in the /sdcard folder.

Can anyone with a Bell 16G S3 run this command and upload the out.pit file here please ?

the.teejster

Aug 14, 2008
This is NOT GOING TO BE AN EASY FIND ..

I just got a valid PIT file dumped from a working Bell S3 16Gb phone using EFS professional and unfortunately still get the authentication error message.

Here is a screenshot of my phone when trying to flash..

I think the only possible way to move forward with an S3 PIT file is to "find" an official Samsung file that has the correct signature embedded.

Attachments

• 20140422_152627.jpg
    20140422_152627.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 294

patate331

Feb 24, 2013
Montreal

I just got a valid PIT file dumped from a working Bell S3 16Gb phone using EFS professional and unfortunately still get the authentication error message.

I think the only possible way to move forward with an S3 PIT file is to "find" an official Samsung file that has the correct signature embedded.

Try this to extract PIT file of your device and post it. I will check if there is a problem.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...ameleon-some-efs-imei-info-brick-backups.html

Last edited:

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
The red light comes on the phone when I connect it to the PC without a battery.
The computers recognizes "QHUSB_DLOAD" but fails with "no driver found".

I've had that same error before on a Galaxy S 2 or t959, I forget which. Windows would constantly fail using odin. What i did to fix it was install ubuntu using Wubi on windows and then I used Heimdall to flash back to stock. Worked a miracle on my phone and everything was fine and dandy!

Hope that helps and let me know if that works!

the.teejster

Aug 14, 2008
Well,
I received confirmation from 2 different repair shops that, based on the information I supplied and what my phone is displaying, that the internal memory is dead.... Memory hardware failure and not related to rooting or using custom roms.

Time to give up and move on.

Thanks for trying to help out !

Dec 16, 2014
Saint John

same problem cant find pit and iv searched 1000s sites pages getting tired looking
wish could just make my own custom but dont no enough yet

Top Liked Posts