[Q] I've become an Idiot. (For Sprint)

Search This thread

Michahamaru

Mar 7, 2011
Cincinnati
Alrighty then, I've been gone a good while, and now no longer know what I'm doing, which I know is dangerous.

I'd picked up an S4 for myself and my mother last Black Friday, and that same night, rooted both our phones. I also know that within a good week, an OTA update had been put out, but I'd blown it off, as I couldn't get it going and finishing up my bach and getting into grad school took over my life. That said, I recently got my father's line upgraded to an S4 (it was a dollar and he wanted it, so eh). It forced me to remember my own phone and it's horribly outdated self, and so I have returned.

As it stands now, I do not know what or how to go about getting this puppy up to speed, or even how to really explain where I'm at software wise, so I took a couple snapshots of the phone info, hoping I could get a hand with it.

Any help you guys could give would be appreciated.

Also, not sure if this means anything, but the System update it says I have downloaded will not install.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-04-13-20-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-04-13-20-14.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2014-08-04-13-20-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-04-13-20-20.png
    178 KB · Views: 10

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
You have android 4.3 and the latest version is 4.4.2.

Upgrade to 4.4.2 for your phone and then you can flash the latest custom roms for android version 4.4.2 if you are out of warranty and do not wish to use knox. :)

Youre not outdated. Just a version behind. There are not many changes in 4.4.2 stock rom.

Thank me if I helped :)
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via XDA app.