Evo appreciation

Search This thread

wmurch3

Sep 8, 2012
Can I just throw some love to the evo's display. I've had mine for like 5 months and this display still blows me away. Colors are perfect and text is so sharp.

Also the build quality still amazes me and people I show it to are always impressed with how thin it is.

Battery life is also great and I can pretty consistently make it through the day with typical usage.

I don't use the kick stand much but when I do it is very handy to have.

Been running stock sense for like a month and dont hate it. It adds a lot of functionality and the keyboard is pretty accurate with very few mistypes.

Love this phone!

That is all

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

celticking

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles
Build and hardware are great. Sense camera is best out there but whenever I use another same tier android phone, I'm reminded of how slow sense is, even after the jb update.

Lolanerd

Mar 8, 2012
Do you have any screenshots or stats of your battery life? I'm thinking about switching my gs3 for my mom's evo but I want to make sure that the battery life won't be much worse.

wmurch3

Sep 8, 2012
Do you have any screenshots or stats of your battery life? I'm thinking about switching my gs3 for my mom's evo but I want to make sure that the battery life won't be much worse.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361063674797.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361063674797.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 391

wmurch3

Sep 8, 2012
Build and hardware are great. Sense camera is best out there but whenever I use another same tier android phone, I'm reminded of how slow sense is, even after the jb update.

I definitely noticed the little extra lag when I went from cm10 back to stock but I don't notice it anymore. Everything I'd smooth and the stability is top notch.

knotcw

May 13, 2008
detroit,mi
Yea loving my evo 4g lte right now and not too impressed with the m7 specs might actually keep this phone til my upgrade date depending on what windows phone comes to spint and when.

firmbiz94

Nov 29, 2010
Raleigh
I love my evo as well but that isnt gonna stop me from getting that m7 on release day...gotta have the latest and greatest ...I'm sure it will improve upon an already terrific and very underated, underappreciated device which is the LTE ...don't think I can ever stray from the sense camera now..it has spoiled me lol

bsanto9

Mar 27, 2010
I just came from the optimus g (which I still have) now in terms of speed lgog beats the evo hands down, not by a lot tho. But with overall experience and screen quality and camera quality evo all day. I am so happy is bought one. With a good Rom & kernel evo is a beast with great battery life. Only if you coukd install another gig of ram, this phone would be my primary for a lot longer. It is truly sad how under rated it really is. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
I don't understand why people think Sense is "slow". Sense is not "slow". It might make UI framerates a bit laggy at times, but it's not slow. Unless you use a stopwatch and measure app opening and operation times between Sense and AOSP, there's really nothing "slow" about it. The processors we have in these phones are so insanely fast that OEM overlays basically do nothing to the speed at which Android operates.

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011

Here's my battery life

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361216114627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361216114627.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 155
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361216126279.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361216126279.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 161

midmadn

Mar 18, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Love my ELTEVO. There's no phone out there right now that I would even trade even for.

Maybe when the note 3 comes out.

Sent from my MeanBean optimized and supercharged ElteVO.

jocarog

Mar 14, 2012
Here is my battery life I'm using meanbean, intellidemand governor, 1.78 OC, Overvolted

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361243221398.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361243221398.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 125

leo72793

Nov 3, 2010
Jacksonville
Yea loving my evo 4g lte right now and not too impressed with the m7 specs might actually keep this phone til my upgrade date depending on what windows phone comes to spint and when.

I have to agree. nothing truly caught my eye besides the design astetics. other than that, same phone we have, but 1080p creen. woohoo (sarcasm)

wmurch3

Sep 8, 2012
The One looks nice. Low light camera performance is super important to me so I look forward to seeing how it performs.

Stereo speakers are nice but I'm sure ill still want headphones. Hopefully the evo lte gets some sense 5 love.

corcgaigh

Apr 12, 2012
Boston
Android Automotive OS
Love my evo. Best phone I've had to date. Even if I had an upgrade I wouldn't use it right now. I don't see any device as a big upgrade from what we got

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using xda premium

shiftylock

Jul 18, 2009
Columbus, OH
Coming from a nexus 4 the EVO LTE is awesome. My Nexus (bought directly from google) had this weird thing where it rattled, and it honestly felt cheap. I like the back glass of the n4 more than the plasticky look of the evo but I stuck a case on it and now I don't notice it at all. Basically the same in terms of processor speed, and the battery life on this phone is light years better. Also, having a microSD card slot makes me feel privileged.. 16GB just doesn't cut it. Oh, and i personally like the Sense camera better. Not sure which one the tech gods think is better but the only advantage the N4 had was that "photo sphere" garbage which quite frankly wasn't that special.

So compared to the N4, I love my EVO.

Oh, and the GS3 felt like one of those toy candy-filled phones you see at the dollar store.

That is all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can I just throw some love to the evo's display. I've had mine for like 5 months and this display still blows me away. Colors are perfect and text is so sharp.

Also the build quality still amazes me and people I show it to are always impressed with how thin it is.

Battery life is also great and I can pretty consistently make it through the day with typical usage.

I don't use the kick stand much but when I do it is very handy to have.

Been running stock sense for like a month and dont hate it. It adds a lot of functionality and the keyboard is pretty accurate with very few mistypes.

Love this phone!

That is all

im a lover of stock sense tooo
    I don't understand why people think Sense is "slow". Sense is not "slow". It might make UI framerates a bit laggy at times, but it's not slow. Unless you use a stopwatch and measure app opening and operation times between Sense and AOSP, there's really nothing "slow" about it. The processors we have in these phones are so insanely fast that OEM overlays basically do nothing to the speed at which Android operates.
    My wife and both my kids got the s4 after i got my evo and was a little worried that I was gonna like it better. And i was gone to regret not getting the S4 instead. But nope i still like my evo better and don't regret it. love sense. And i use my kick stand all the freaking time. Probably going to skip the the new one x if it doesn't have the kick stand.

Pretty sure your wife and kids don't have S4s ;)