[Q] Small change to stock clock widget help request

Search This thread

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
I just want a nice clean black outline on all of the elements so it looks nice over my white background, I've tried the 'Blur' option which is as close as I can find to what I want, but as you can see it doesn't turn out very well:

Looks good in the editor on dark background:
aIP7Kic.png

bJJL4qi.png

i8YjQwO.png

Is there a better way of doing it / anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
I just want a nice clean black outline on all of the elements so it looks nice over my white background, I've tried the 'Blur' option which is as close as I can find to what I want, but as you can see it doesn't turn out very well:

aIP7Kic.png

bJJL4qi.png

i8YjQwO.png

Thanks in advance.

Is you main gripe with the blur option, that it produces these weird "shadows" below transparent elements? If so you could try a little trick I worked out:
1. Copy the element you want to have a blur shadow on but want to have transparent two times. You now should have three identical modules:
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3​
2. Enable the blur shadow on module 1 and configure it to the settings you want. It will now show up the artifacts below the transparent parts.
Module 1 - Blur
Module 2
Module 3​
3. Set the Drawing mode option of module 2 to "Clear". This should clear up the artifacts and leave you with a nice blur around your transparent module :)
Module 1 - Blur
Module 2 - Drawing option: Clear
Module 3​

Since you need to keep all three modules synchronized it's best to apply this only if you are sure you won't edit the setup anymore or you'll have to synchronize your edits between the three modules.

Reactions: paradoxiumwind

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

aIP7Kic.png

bJJL4qi.png

i8YjQwO.png

Thanks in advance.

Is you main gripe with the blur option, that it produces these weird "shadows" below transparent elements? If so you could try a little trick I worked out:
    1. Copy the element you want to have a blur shadow on but want to have transparent two times. You now should have three identical modules:
    Module 1
    Module 2
    Module 3​
    2. Enable the blur shadow on module 1 and configure it to the settings you want. It will now show up the artifacts below the transparent parts.
    Module 1 - Blur
    Module 2
    Module 3​
    3. Set the Drawing mode option of module 2 to "Clear". This should clear up the artifacts and leave you with a nice blur around your transparent module :)
    Module 1 - Blur
    Module 2 - Drawing option: Clear
    Module 3​

Since you need to keep all three modules synchronized it's best to apply this only if you are sure you won't edit the setup anymore or you'll have to synchronize your edits between the three modules.