Search This thread

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

"What time" application will add a new functionality to your phone: if you want to know what time is it now but you are too lazy to take the phone out of pocket, just press button on the headset (to start "Speech" functionality) and say "What time is it?" - and phone will tell you the current time.

Application supports most "speech-enabled" languages for Windows Phone 8.

Link to the store: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/what-time/1e51d223-2d05-4c25-907f-35e40db416a5
Trial version is fully functional; the only premium option "Turn screen off on exit" requires app purchase.

I want to say "Big thanks" to the great xda community for the help with UI translation!

Attachments

• screen001.png
    screen001.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 822
  • screen002.png
    screen002.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 395
  • screen003.png
    screen003.png
    40 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Budniu, thanks for suggestion but Microsoft voice commands architecture has some limitation: the app should declare some "prefix" (usually it's the app name but developer can choose any) and actual "command" (app can have many commands).

I've tried on Russian shorter sentence "Который час?" ("What time?") where "Который" is prefix, and "час" is command but this don't work... So I ended with "Который час сейчас" ("What time is it now"). I afraid, for the Polish behavior will be the same. If you can sideload apps, I can send you a version with sorter command to try.

Reactions: Budniu

pounderd

Aug 6, 2009
I've been looking for something to do just this, but unfortunately it just tells me that I have to unlock the 'phone before I can use this command. Is this a Microsoft limitation or is there any way around this?

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Go to Settings -> Speech and check "Use Speech when phone is locked".
It works pretty fine with bluetooth or regular headsets.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

"What time" application will add a new functionality to your phone: if you want to know what time is it now but you are too lazy to take the phone out of pocket, just press button on the headset (to start "Speech" functionality) and say "What time is it?" - and phone will tell you the current time.

Application supports most "speech-enabled" languages for Windows Phone 8.

Link to the store: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/what-time/1e51d223-2d05-4c25-907f-35e40db416a5
    Trial version is fully functional; the only premium option "Turn screen off on exit" requires app purchase.

I want to say "Big thanks" to the great xda community for the help with UI translation!
    Nice app and good job.
    I have one suggestion - command for Polish is to long: "Która jest teraz godzina?". In everyday speech is enough to say "Która godzina?".
    Budniu, thanks for suggestion but Microsoft voice commands architecture has some limitation: the app should declare some "prefix" (usually it's the app name but developer can choose any) and actual "command" (app can have many commands).

I've tried on Russian shorter sentence "Который час?" ("What time?") where "Который" is prefix, and "час" is command but this don't work... So I ended with "Который час сейчас" ("What time is it now"). I afraid, for the Polish behavior will be the same. If you can sideload apps, I can send you a version with sorter command to try.
    By the way, app received update 1.2: now you may use your own voice command.