• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tshelby73

Dec 18, 2011
Gillette
I was pretty happy with CM7 just needed nuance voice control with Bluetooth voice confirmation, I know that's not a priority sooooo I will see how out goes.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

theredvendetta

Apr 10, 2011
It DOES NOT run at full capacity 100% of the time it follows the same governing pattern as the first core it just does not sleep

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

I haven't actually used your script, but I will assume you are correct. However, if it doesn't sleep, and its not being used, than what purpose does that serve? The second core is used when it needs to without the script, so I just don't see a reason to use it.

This isn't the place to be debating this though. Let's all be happy the dragonzkiller is back (for a limited time at least)!

Reactions: Travisdroidx2

Bohnsta

Feb 12, 2012
Fredericksburg
I voted for CM9. We need that base line you've created to work with and build off of.

It's not my place and I'm sorry if this rubs you the wrong way, but don't go criticizing someone else's work, especially since you have been absent. I know you have been busy with school but it's no excuse to jump on someone's ****. This community is dying and anyone who contributes work for it deserves better than that. Unprofessional and furthermore childlike. This being said, I don't disrespect you and I know we all are greatful to have you on board, and again, I am not a high ranking developer or anything (well no ****) just an observer.

Thank you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

grnsl2

Dragon,
I feel ya on the schoolwork. I'm in the library, as I type, because my goal is walking across that stage in a month. Regards to your poll, I was thinking of voting for the first one, but my DX2 is running well with the current CM7. So I voted #2, so we can hopefully experience what we've been all missing out on. I cherish however long you stay with the DX2 because it's a long time until mid-2013....
Thanks for everything

+1 on the same vote and reasoning. - the school stuff. Thank God.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
I voted for CM9. We need that base line you've created to work with and build off of.

It's not my place and I'm sorry if this rubs you the wrong way, but don't go criticizing someone else's work, especially since you have been absent. I know you have been busy with school but it's no excuse to jump on someone's ****. This community is dying and anyone who contributes work for it deserves better than that. Unprofessional and furthermore childlike. This being said, I don't disrespect you and I know we all are greatful to have you on board, and again, I am not a high ranking developer or anything (well no ****) just an observer.

Thank you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

You ask for cm9 and then give him your. 02 cents. Basically he said if it is not broke don't fix it. You guys want cm9 but also give him crap. I would not blame DK if he said screw all of us and keep it for himself. Then you all would be kicking yourself kn the ass. I am done with this!

s.morgan0310

Jan 12, 2011
Glenwood
LMMFAO

That was too funny. There is alot of cry babies on the forums. Rushing folks who are doing it for you for nothing, just let the developers do what they have to do to get this thing running and stop crying and whining like a bunch of little kids.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Hey there Dragon, thanks for popping in and saying something so we don't have to answer the "what the heck is going on with cm9" question all day long.
Calling that second core thread "crap" is kind of mean. I'm sure Trafalgar worked hard on that. We were aware of the risks but traded a bit of life for performance.

But again thanks for the update.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I would have said the same thing, he was just trying to help those out that dont know. I feel if you were to keep running the 2nd cor all the time it would burn up your phone.

Bohnsta

Feb 12, 2012
Fredericksburg
You ask for cm9 and then give him your. 02 cents. Basically he said if it is not broke don't fix it. You guys want cm9 but also give him crap. I would not blame DK if he said screw all of us and keep it for himself. Then you all would be kicking yourself kn the ass. I am done with this!

Did you not read the last few sentences in my post? Must not have.

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Did you not read the last few sentences in my post? Must not have.

I read it all. During management training that is what you call a butt sandwich. We want cm9 and all the good stuff you bring. Butt (sandwich) we don't like the way you talk and you need to be nicer to others. You all should be kissing his ass for doing all this hard work for free.

Last post I will reply to this crap.

Reactions: optimusprimeuya

Bohnsta

Feb 12, 2012
Fredericksburg
I read it all. During management training that is what you call a butt sandwich. We want cm9 and all the good stuff you bring. Butt (sandwich) we don't like the way you talk and you need to be nicer to others. You all should be kissing his ass for doing all this hard work for free.

Last post I will reply to this crap.

I kiss no ass... It is just a phone dude.

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
And my theory is proved again. Dx2 users are best at getting off topic. It's a great thing and a horrible thing at the same time....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: gaad0701

atomikhippo

Apr 16, 2011
Well it's time now to get back on track. Welcome back DZK. I have been trolling your twitter for months and also voted for only CM9.
There's been a lot of talk about kexec and kholk with the success with the RAZR. You said the tegra 2 processor's cores work automatically and the RAZR has only one core working with the bootloader bypass. If kexec is successful with the DX2, would it be working on both cores?
This is my opinion but I think putting time into kexec and developing a 3.0 kernel would be more beneficial to the DX2 community than working on CM9. Any work from you is very appreciated and many of us look forward to hearing from you more.

Maximinus I

Nov 4, 2011
Voted cm9 and take your time. There's a lot of dx2 owners who are very greatfull for your work to get us these roms.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Reactions: grnsl2

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
Voted cm9 for my X2 brotha's/sista's.

Looking at the votes, where the hell did most of these come from? I thought most left XD.

Reactions: Maximinus I

DJJasonK

Jul 12, 2011
CM9

THX for all the work so far. Looking forward to cm9 on the dx2. Cm7 was a big jump forward and your absolutely right about the second core script. I'm dumfounded by the fact that the guy has the know how to make the script but doesn't understand the repercussions of it. Best of luck with ur cm9 port and thx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know that I've been extremely busy with school and all, but I'm just posting to give a heads up that this weekend I am working on the DX2. You can find me at the IRC at the freenode channel #cm7dx2. Can't wait to see you guys there!

P.S. that 2nd core thread over in the dev forums is a bunch of crap. don't use it. our 2nd core turns on automatically when needed. it's a power save feature in EVERY Tegra 2 device. So if you want to drain your battery, go on ahead.
    I'm closing this thread due to off topic/bickering. Any questions or concerns should be directed to me in the Freenode IRC at #cm7dx2.
    alright who are the two who picked X2 is dead. I wish YOU were dead, both of you! :)
    His point is that there is no performance gain. The script just forces the second core to run at full capacity 100% of the time, instead of on-demand, which doesn't make a difference when you consider that on-demand just means it will activate the second core if the first core can't complete the task on its own.

Honestly I think the only difference that script will make is serious battery drain.

That said, I do appreciate the work trafalgar put into it. Always nice to see that there is still some hope for this phone's development :)

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Well that's what you get for leaving us! D;

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Welcome back sir!

That awkward moment where the OP has more thanks than posts.

It DOES NOT run at full capacity 100% of the time it follows the same governing pattern as the first core it just does not sleep

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
    Awesome! I was beginning to lose hope for cm9, with you being busy with school and all. maybe we will see something soon.

How would I get to the IRC channel to follow?

Go to http://webchat.freenode.net and sign in. in the channel section type "#cm7dx2"