[RECOVERY][T,TL,TX,V][LB]PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition

Search This thread

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Known CWM recovery, greatly improved with touch ui and many useful features by Phil3759.
Original Xperia T thread
Compatible with Rom Manager (reboot recovery, backup, install,...)

As the title says, this recovery has some needed modifications included, so you can use it with unmodified stock kernel (locked bootloader).
Main LB script with logging was created by cray_Doze.
My modifications are firstly based on recovery from davidmarco, then I found big help and better (PhilZ) recovery in [NUT]´s thread and that it´s better to unmount selinux fs so it cannot be redefined and checking files is probably stopped (?) in recovery, so I´ve had to use init binary that does not need selinux.

Installation:
1. Root your device
2. Install modified Flash Gordon app (no busybox installation needed)
3. Download this recovery to SDcard
4. Launch the app and allow it root access
5. Tap "select zip", find the zip, "flash now"
6. Don´t try to reboot with the app, but do regular reboot in power menu

Upgrading from 4.1 with CWM for LB to stock 4.3:
1. Download stock 4.3 rom zip to SDcard
2. Download this recovery to SDcard
3. Reboot to 4.1 CWM and flash 4.3 rom
4. Flash this recovery (optionally flash SU too)
5. Power off the device
6. Flash 4.3 ftf - tick all wipes, and exclude system from installation or you will do it all again from scratch :p

Or if you already have some recovery on 4.3, just flash this in recovery.

Caution:
Don´t try to flash rom zip made in the recovery. It is too big. It goes first to tmpfs, which has only around 433000kB.
System will be formated, but then can´t be extracted from zip and copied to /system. No /system = you will do it all again from scratch :p

Changelog:
v1.7
- proximity sensor fix (with big help of steveboss and his V)
- reboot recovery working from all applications (quick settings, rom manager, recovery, etc.)(tested on T)

Download:
T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.7.zip

Screenshots

Thanks DaRk-LorD and steveboss for testing. If anything won´t work, PM them. :D ... Joke ;)

Last edited:

Oohhlala

Jul 12, 2012
Caution:
Don´t try to flash rom zip made in the recovery. It is too big. It goes first to tmpfs, which has only around 433000kB.
System will be formated, but then can´t be extracted from zip and copied to /system. No /system = you will do it all again from scratch :p

Download:
T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.3.zip

Thanks DaRk-LorD and steveboss for testing. If anything won´t work, PM them. :D ... Joke ;)

First thanks u for work :D ill give it a try when come back home and feedback
In last caution : this mean we cant use backup and restore feature in recovery? And could you provide update_su?

norti

First thanks u for work :D ill give it a try when come back home and feedback
In last caution : this mean we cant use backup and restore feature in recovery? And could you provide update_su?

You can use backup and restore, this is a working version, just don't flash an update.zip made with the recovery (there is an option for creating that). For SuperSU CWM flashable zip look at the download section of the original SuperSU topic ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: TiMiN8R

norti

Screenshots fyp :p

Attachments

• screenshot_cwm1.jpg
    screenshot_cwm1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 6,254
  • screenshot_cwm2.jpg
    screenshot_cwm2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,136
  • screenshot_cwm3.jpg
    screenshot_cwm3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 4,853
  • screenshot_cwm4.jpg
    screenshot_cwm4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 3,314
  • screenshot_cwm5.jpg
    screenshot_cwm5.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3,098
  • screenshot_cwm6.jpg
    screenshot_cwm6.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2,980
Last edited:

Oohhlala

Jul 12, 2012
Thanks, I will add your post to OP.

mate, plz tell me more clear about step 6 in upgrade from 4.1 instalation method.
after flash 4.3 flashable rom zip then use flashtool to flash stock rom 4.3 ftf or just kernel and in the Exclude box of flashtool, i must tick all but except System ?, sorry i'm newbie

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
mate, plz tell me more clear about step 6 in upgrade from 4.1 instalation method.
after flash 4.3 flashable rom zip then use flashtool to flash stock rom 4.3 ftf or just kernel and in the Exclude box of flashtool, i must tick all but except System ?, sorry i'm newbie

Keep the previously installed system with recovery in your phone.
So only don't tick system (exclude system from ftf flashing). Everything else leave ticked. It's also better to wipe data between 4.1 and 4.3.

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Data wiped in flashtool? You can't even get to recovery? Blue led is shining??

Leo

Dec 18, 2012
tested on TX 4.3 official stock system
and confirmed it works
both externel and internal storage can be used to flash
:highfive::highfive:

Reactions: peetr_

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
I found one bug (your mac address and other things are not restored after factory reset). I have it already fixed. I will upload fixed version today or tomorrow. There should be no need to do factory reset again, after installation of the fix.

Reactions: norti

daniel090588

Feb 3, 2011
i've got bootloop :(, stuck in sony logo :(

I think theres a confusion here, in flashtool you tick to wipe data, appslog and cache but below that is the list of things to exclude from flashing so if you tick on it you will not flash that part of the rom so if you tick everything here but dont tick system, everything will be excluded but system won´t son the only thing you are flashing is the system folder and so thers no kernel you´ll have a bootloop

Reactions: peetr_

Oohhlala

Jul 12, 2012
I think theres a confusion here, in flashtool you tick to wipe data, appslog and cache but below that is the list of things to exclude from flashing so if you tick on it you will not flash that part of the rom so if you tick everything here but dont tick system, everything will be excluded but system won´t son the only thing you are flashing is the system folder and so thers no kernel you´ll have a bootloop

Yeah, i think so, exclude kernel made my device stuck in logo.could you tell me how you get root for LB. I tries some way but none if all successful

norti

Yeah, i think so, exclude kernel made my device stuck in logo.could you tell me how you get root for LB. I tries some way but none if all successful

Flash back a 4.1.2 rom with Flashtool, root it, put a cwm on it and continue with 'Upgrading from 4.1 with CWM for LB to stock 4.3' section of the first post ;) You can find everything in the All in One post in the Q&A section of this forum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Known CWM recovery, greatly improved with touch ui and many useful features by Phil3759.
    Original Xperia T thread
    Compatible with Rom Manager (reboot recovery, backup, install,...)

As the title says, this recovery has some needed modifications included, so you can use it with unmodified stock kernel (locked bootloader).
    Main LB script with logging was created by cray_Doze.
    My modifications are firstly based on recovery from davidmarco, then I found big help and better (PhilZ) recovery in [NUT]´s thread and that it´s better to unmount selinux fs so it cannot be redefined and checking files is probably stopped (?) in recovery, so I´ve had to use init binary that does not need selinux.

Installation:
    1. Root your device
    2. Install modified Flash Gordon app (no busybox installation needed)
    3. Download this recovery to SDcard
    4. Launch the app and allow it root access
    5. Tap "select zip", find the zip, "flash now"
    6. Don´t try to reboot with the app, but do regular reboot in power menu

Upgrading from 4.1 with CWM for LB to stock 4.3:
    1. Download stock 4.3 rom zip to SDcard
    2. Download this recovery to SDcard
    3. Reboot to 4.1 CWM and flash 4.3 rom
    4. Flash this recovery (optionally flash SU too)
    5. Power off the device
    6. Flash 4.3 ftf - tick all wipes, and exclude system from installation or you will do it all again from scratch :p

Or if you already have some recovery on 4.3, just flash this in recovery.

Caution:

Changelog:
    v1.7
    - proximity sensor fix (with big help of steveboss and his V)
    - reboot recovery working from all applications (quick settings, rom manager, recovery, etc.)(tested on T)

Download:
    T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.7.zip

Screenshots

First post updated:
    v1.7
    - proximity sensor fix

+ changed link to modified Flash Gordon app, so you don´t need to install busybox before that
    Ok.
    1. The main script needs fix for the proximity sensor.
    2. Flash Gordon needs busybox installed

I am going to do something with both issues.
    First post updated with fixed import from TA after factory reset - 1.4 version.
    Great work bro!