[Aug-08-12] Blackened Frost UI Theme & Apps [MODS]

Search This thread

johnblundon

Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2011
St. John's, NL
Google Pixel 6
@john you sleep, come on man lol but seriously I posted a couple screenies and people are like Where Oh Where can I get all that so I put a link to here hope ya don't mind?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

Not at all man, I just don't want to piss off users like Max-555 becasue someone posted his work here without his permission... no big deal this time and he didn't mind but next time it might be a problem and I'm not trying to upset anyone of have one of those threads where everyone *****es and fights :D

I like happy people LOL. Don't take me the wrong way I'm all about sharing as I got most of this stuff from other people and that's how this whole thing started but I don't want to upset anyone at the same time. I maybe shouldn't have posted that when I was half awake :confused:

I just want everyone to enjoy themselves.

Reactions: master reiki

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
@Max_555 don't be upset with what I have done with out your permission and don't be upset with johnblundon if you are, I take full responsibility for my posts cuz I love your work and what he's been able to share thanks for everything also Skype looks SWEET

johnblundon

Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2011
St. John's, NL
Google Pixel 6
John bro, I'm sticking with the Blackened icons, could you do:

Torch, Broswer(normal ICS one), bump, facebook, play store, Calendar, People, maps ? no rush, when you have the time :D

I'll get these done soon for you. I'm working on something that will make way better themes and should be much better for everyone. I'll post some updates soon, just need some time to figure everything out :D

Optisolator

Jan 4, 2012
Sorry if this sound spam-y but John just have to say, highly appreciate this mod. Looks awesome :D:thumbup: thanks man.
edit: Just noticed our sig looks pretty much the same. Guess i wasn't original !
Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: johnblundon

Z0R

Jan 24, 2012
Baku
Hi John,
many thanks for this awesome work.
I hope you know about new ROM 7.0 for 4.0.4. Did your mods work on DHD with the new ROM?

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
Hi John,
I hope you know about new ROM 7.0 for 4.0.4. Did your mods work on DHD with the new ROM?

What 7.0 and 4.0.4 is not too new;) but 7.0 is for Desire and of course he knows lol, his boot image/animations/& other stuff are in OP;):thumbup:

Last edited:
Reactions: amirjeegar2005

semdoc

Recognized Contributor
Hi John,

What 7.0 and 4.0.4 is not too new;) but 7.0 is for Desire and of course he knows lol, his boot image/animations/& other stuff are in OP;):thumbup:

1.4 UI & 1.8b apps working fine & smooth with 7.0 LC ICS.

Cheerz :)

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
Real busy over there:D, and of course I'll stick around here but I feel like Kiajura's thread just got push to the side and that makes me said also I thought he would be helping LorD and them over there just didn't see Kiajura's name:(

@Semdoc did it load smooth (7.0) and what exactly did you add from BlackenD if you don't mind?

Last edited:

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
@johnblundon yep all sleek as hell but yeah some how the boot still shows 4.0.3 lol and how can I get those sick sounds you past onto me

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
@johnblundon your BlackenD UI Sounds all work too but I notice that the screen shuts off with the sound, it doesn't completely shut off though not for a few seconds.

EDIT/ Fixed :thumbup::D

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

Last edited:

DragonDios

Jan 9, 2012
Québec
Update me John !! lol

i'm jk, but seriously i haven't updated to 7.0 i don't see any reason to update yet, everything is fine with mine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    blackenedFrost.jpg

This is my collection of MODS for ICS modified and compiled for the HTC Incredible S and Lord Clockan’s IcsColdSandwich ROM. These files are created by various Dev’s from XDA and are being redistributed and modified by me, to work with our device and LC's amazing ROM that kaijura was awesome enough to bring to us. All credit goes to Hello00 from the DHD thread for the files in his black and cyan ASOP mod that got all of this started and now snowballed into a modding and theming obsession. I compile these files for my own personal use, modified the framework to remove all traces of orange and gingerbread so old apps would have ICS blue, and I share them because I think they are awesome and I think everyone should be as happy with their devices as I am.

Thank you to the entire XDA community. Every thing I know about Android and ROM's I learned right here and although I don't have a lot to offer, people seem to enjoy my style so why not share everything I have learned with the community who taught me everything I know. I hope you enjoy my mods, and I hope to continue to bring cool stuff to XDA

Sponsors/donors:
    Semavi Ulusoy
    koluchca

A Huge thank you to all sponsors and donors, your support and contributions are very very helpful and go along way toward keeping me motivated and caffeinated :D

LATEST HALF ASSED VERSION (Aug, 08, 2012)

Hey Everyone, Sorry I have been away for a while, if you didn't know I broke my IncS and had to go to a HD2 for a while, didn't really like it, really missed the Incredible S and my own theme :(

Anyway I'm getting very close to getting another one, been saving up and I'm a little over a hundred bucks away! Get's paid again next week so hopefully I can pick up a new one and rejoin the community (I missed you guys).

So I have been looking at the forum and seeing that some people are having SystemUI.apk issues, that sucks. So I had a buddy over a few mins with an Incredible S so I made some quick changes and used him for a test dummy :)

In preparation for hopefully getting a new Phone I have been prepping an updated apps package containing the latest updates and a new FIXED UI for those having issues. I couldn't really extensively test it because it's not my phone (I was lucky he let me do it) but if you guys would like to try it out here are the links:

BlackenedUI_IceCold_V4.0.zip

Blackened_Apps_IceCold_V4.0.zip (Removed according to my buddy it breaks YouTube, I'll fix ASAP)

Hopefully this is the start of my Blackened Return :D

Please let me know how it works for you guys so I can get it perfect for when I hopefully get a new phone soon. Created to work with the latest IceColdSandwich ROM 8.3 - ROSSI [AOKP] By: kaijura, sorry playground people this was the phone I had to test on and it was only IceCold :(

Hopefully phone and updates for all soon :D

---------------------------------------------------

LATEST VERSION (June, 29, 2012)

IceColdSandwich 8.0 and up:

BlackenedUI IceCold V3.7.zip

Blackened Apps IceCold V3.7.zip

Playground ICS:

Blackened PlaygroundUI V3.7.zip

BlackenedApps PlayGround V3.5.zip

Just quick updates for now while I work on figuring out theme chooser stuff. Major UI overhaul and additions. I really like it now :)

Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------

TwistedUmbrella/Kaijura's Playground ICS ROM

Hey Everyone, Thanks for all of the love and kind messages in my absence, makes a guy feel special :)

Just getting back into the groove but I thought I would post an update ASAP as a kinda apology for being away so long. Not a whole lot new, some tweaked icons and colors and versions of the latest GAPPS (except for g+ because they keep updating it) anyway here is a updated version of Blackened Frost for both the UI and Apps on Twisted's latest Playground ROM.

BLACKENED PLAYGROUND UI 3.5
    Blackened Playground UI V3.5

BLACKENED PLAYGROUND APPS 3.5
    Blackened Playground Apps V3.5

Here are updated apps with fixed widgets and some additions. A new 4.0.4 IceCold Splash screen (Thanks to Maatsby for compiling my new image) and a slightly tweaked UI.

Lord Clockan/Kaijura's IceColdSandwich 7.2 ROM

BlackenedFrost UI V2.0.zip

BlackenedFrost Apps v2.0.zip

7.4 Stripper Edition Users try this one: BlackenedFrost Apps poledancer_v2.0.zip Removed Setings and ROM Control edits and added new phone.apk from 7.4 for DHD. Some users said the lost some new updates for IceCold 7.4 This should fix that.

OLDER VERSIONS PLAYGROUND

BlackenedPlayGround UI V2.0.zip

Blackened Frost Apps PlayGround Edition v2.3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO INSTALL

STEP 1
    FLASH THE BLACKENED APPS

STEP 2
    FLASH THE BLACKENED UI MOD

STEP 3
    REBOOT AND ENJOY

:D

THEMED APPS INCLUDE:
    BROWSER
    CALCULATOR
    CALCULATOR
    CLOCK
    DROPBOX
    EMAIL
    GALLERY
    GMAIL
    GOOGLE+
    MESSAGING
    MUSIC SLEEP
    PEOPLE
    PHONE
    PLAY MUSIC
    PLAY STORE
    GOOGLE READER
    SETTINGS
    ROM CONTROL
    TWEETDARK (new addition with UI changes and custom widgets to match BF theme)
    XDA
    YOUTUBE

CUSTOM SOUND THEME
    NOW INCLUDED IN THEME...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIDEO PREVIEW OF ICECOLD

NEW Video preview for IceColdSandwich, Watch on YouTube for 720p HD Version

VIDEO PREVIEW OF PLAYGROUND

NEW Video preview of Playground ICS, Watch on YouTube for 720p HD Version

Updated Music Widget Screenshot:
    musicwidget.png

If your like me and you go to sleep listening to music an you want a modded sleep timer I created this one: BlackenedMusicSleep*
    Just unzip and install like a normal app. This is the sleep timer featured in the above screenshot.

Blackened ICS Swype

For people like me who enjoy Swype, I have created this Blackened Swype Theme just for this Ice Cold Sandwich! It was a while in the making but I finally figured out how to Sign the modified AKP the right way. Thanks to DJDarkKnight who's amazing Swype themes inspired this one.

blackenedSwype.png

DOWNLOAD Blackened Swype Theme

IceColdSandwich Splash Image 4.0.4

A Splash Image for IceColdSandwich Branded for the HTC Incredible S

Thanks to maatsby for compiling them for me!

The ZIP file contains:
    - "PG32IMG.zip" file that you can place on the root of your SDCard and flash through bootloader. It will automatically find files with that name and start the installation. Simply follow the instructions and remember to erase the file after your finished.

- .bmp file, just so you can have a look at the picture in full size before you flash it.

- "splash1.img" file to flash ABD like some people prefer for radios.

adb commands for flashing the .img file:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash splash1 splash1.img
    fastboot reboot

IceCold 4.0.4 Splash Screen

UPDATED IceColdSandwich 4EXT Theme

An EXT4 Recovery theme to match the ICS boot animation and Splash Screen. Fixed and updated the loading animation, so now it does not skip.

4ext_preview.png

Download 4EXT Theme Here

IceColdSandwich Signatures

It's best to use the URL's Below the Images rather than upload or attach them through XDA because the quality will be reduced if you attach them.

IceColdSig_small.jpg

http://web.m5i.com/temp/john/BlackenedUI/SIGS/IceColdSig_small.jpg

IceColdSig1.jpg

http://web.m5i.com/temp/john/BlackenedUI/SIGS/IceColdSig1.jpg

IceColdSig2.jpg

http://web.m5i.com/temp/john/BlackenedUI/SIGS/IceColdSig2.jpg

IceColdSig3.jpg

http://web.m5i.com/temp/john/BlackenedUI/SIGS/IceColdSig3.jpg

and for the Desire HD guys :)
    IceColdSIgDHD4G1.jpg

http://web.m5i.com/temp/john/BlackenedUI/SIGS/IceColdSIgDHD4G1.jpg

ALWAYS BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING ANY OF MY MODS
    Digital frost theme and apps

EXTRAS AND WALLPAPERS

SEVERELY BEATEN MOD FOR PLAYGROUND ROMS

Click the banner to download

This is to the best of my knowledge the first mod for TwistedUmbrellas Playground ROM to have a working animated Circle Battery Mod. I just missed it from the IceColdSandwich Rom and I knew people wanted it so I got it working.

Blackened PlaygroundUI Severely Beaten Edition V2.3

Blackened Frost Apps PlayGround Edition v2.3

Blue Mail Notification Icons as per Max-555's request, a few tweaks and a new better lockscreen slide layout :)

notes: The AMAZING artwork is by a super talented artist in DeviantART named adonihs I used some of his amazing LMS art for the wallpaper becasue it was just suiting of the name Severely Beaten for my Black and Blue mod. You can grab the wallpaper I made from his amazing art below.

LMS3.png

Enjoy...

BATTERY MODS FOR BLACKENED FROST PLAYGROUND EDITION

These battery mods are for Playground ICS users to replace their default battery with some of the options that IceColdSandwich Users have in ROM Control. I found this to be a major missing piece for me so I had to add them back in.

1percent_Battery-Circle.png

1 Percent Circle Battery Mod

FullCircle-Blue-evilkal_Battery_Mod.png

Full Circle Blue evilkal Battery Mod

ICSCircle_Battery_Mod.png

ICS Circle Battery Mod

Domination_Circle_Vertumus.png

Domination Circle Vertumus Battery Mod

CirclesMod-Hooolm.png

Circles Mod Hooolm Battery Mod

IceColdSandwich Wallpapers

Click each image to open full screen

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING...
    TESTING PHASE MODS:

DOWNLOAD DIGITAL FROST UI THEME This theme contains major theme changes for the DF theme, many new images and updates. A new boot animation for 4.0.4 that I'm testing just for digital frost. Custom UI sounds, ringtones, notifications, animations, lock screen mods and much much more...

This is a testing phase theme because I'm using a new method of flashing the mods. This new script will only change the files I have included as well as creating a flashable backup for you in case you don't like the mods you can just flash back :) I'm using the new Universal flasher so this should work for any AKOP ROM on any device. As well it will append a "DIGITAL_FROST1.0" to your rom name so when you create a NANDROID backup it will be named with DigitalFrost in the backup name so you know what theme is applied to your backups :)

It's all still really new to me but so far is seems to be working great for me. Try it out and let me know what you think.

BLACKENED UI THEME UPDATE

DOWNLOAD BLACKENED ICE UI THEME V2.0 same changes as above with the new script and add ons, only with the blackened popups instead of the DigitalFrost popups.

DOWNLOAD BLACKENED ICE APK MODS V2.1 some DHD users have mentioned mms issues and stuff on the testing 7.1 -7.3 roms. In an attempt to get ahead of these issues I have updated BlackenedApps mod to include a new mms.apk, email.apk, and fixed keyboard for users with issues. I don't have a Desire HD so if DHD users could try this update and let me know if it helps that would be great. On my Incredible S it works great and seems faster :)

Sorry about the delays life has been crazy lately but I'm trying to stay on top of everything as much as possible.

Please let me know if it works for you users with mms issues. Hopefully this will help you.

Enjoy :D
    screens

hey guys.... sorry for the delays, free time is something that I have not had a lot of lately... here are some Screens to show how the theme is progressing... still a few things to tweak but it's getting there, I'll be releasing very soon...

1.png

2.png

still have to figure out why the camera and phone Icons won't stick...

3.png

4.png

5.png

more coming soon...
    Somebody else can confirm this? I miss the Play Store icon of Blackened Apps 2.5 and want to keep the rest of Digital Frost... :D

That was part of my reasoning for keeping the mods separate, users can choose the UI and app mods they like :) I can release the icons all as separate PNG files if you would like and you can apply whatever you like with nova or apex :)

An update is coming :D I have some awesome new stuff that I'm trying to add and modify, unfortunately I'm still awake from Monday as I have been working around the clock on a 9 Million dollar project for the company I work for, so it's taking up quite a bit of time... however 2 out of 3 parts are now done so I should be free to theme it up again very soon. I'll have an update ASAP!

For those who are waiting on a hardcore extreme version I already made one of the wallpaper's for myself with the DF theme, you can see a little preview of that in the Screenshot thread :D

Sorry about the delay guys but work comes first obviously because I like to afford to eat, but I'm not forgetting and I'll be back ASAP with something new for you all.