[HOW-TO] Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 (Safe and no loss of data)

• Thread starter Deleted member 5279621
  • Start date

Did you suceed in rooting the with this method ?

• Yes, I have rooted my phone.

Votes: 123 52.6%
  • No, I didn't root my phone.

Votes: 111 47.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5279621

Original idea by Chotu222

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage or bricking of your phone, proceed a your own risk
WARNING: The following procedures should only be followed for GT-I9082 and not any other

Hi, today i am going to explain how to root your phone in safest way with no loss of data.

* Download the files from the attachments and extract them (for CWM visit : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160671 )
* Switch off your phone and boot into download mode (vol down + home + power) and press vol up to proceed
* Open odin in pc and and click on PDA
* Locate the you extracted from the CWM touch zip and click open
* Make sure only 'Auto reboot' and 'F.Reset Time' is checked
* Click start once complete odin should say 'PASS' and your phone will reboot
* Copy the Supersu zip file into your external sd card.
* Now switch off your phone and boot into recovery mode (vol up + home + power)
* Now select install zip from sd card -> Choose zip from sd card
* Now locate the supersu zip file and click install
* Now CWM will install the zip
* Samsung devices come with a special flash counter that tracks the no. of times you flash custom roms and zips.
* If you wish to reset the flash counter back to original Download triangle away app by chainfire and hit reset counter. (in attachments)

:good: THERE YOU GO, YOU HAVE ROOTED YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND !!! :good:

;) HIT THANKS IF THIS HELPED YOU ;)

:confused:PS - Contact me for any help regarding this:confused:

NOTE: this guide is for the previous version of this phone, I will not update this guide coz I dont own the phone now.

Attachments

• Odin307.zip
    453.2 KB · Views: 91,719
  • UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip
    1 MB · Views: 206,534
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5279621

Okay then thankyou chuto222 for this awesome merhod.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda premium

Reactions: akash99@xda

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011

polpan

Nov 19, 2011
Do you have a lists of "safe to removed" stock apps when the grand is already rooted?

Which of course it would not cause some lags or sluggish effects on the ui.... ;)

Thanks in advance....

Reactions: hn-ev

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
I've rooted my phone, no yellow triangle thx.

Still it will have a binary count of 1 and the system status of "custom" so you cannot claim warranty at this condition.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Do you have a lists of "safe to removed" stock apps when the grand is already rooted?

Which of course it would not cause some lags or sluggish effects on the ui.... ;)

Thanks in advance....

Refer to the ROM threads of Balliboxer and k2wl for a list of removed apps. You can remove those apps based on their list using Titanium backup.

Reactions: hn-ev
D

Deleted member 5279621

Still it will have a binary count of 1 and the system status of "custom" so you cannot claim warranty at this condition.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Refer to the ROM threads of Balliboxer and k2wl for a list of removed apps. You can remove those apps based on their list using Titanium backup.

Theres absolutely no way Triangle away by chainfire makes binary count to 0 and system status as official. If it dose not work reset the counter again using triangle away

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
Samsung had added system status just recently. It is not there on the galaxy note. So we hope that chainfire et al will find a way to reset system status in the future.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app

jetvis37

Feb 28, 2013
Bhuj-Kutch
OnePlus 9R

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage or bricking of your phone, proceed a your own risk
WARNING: The following procedures should only be followed for GT-I9082 and not any other

Hi, today i am going to explain how to root your phone in safest way with no loss of data.

* Download the files from the attachments and extract them
* Switch off your phone and boot into download mode (vol down + home + power) and press vol up to proceed
* Now switch off your phone and boot into recovery mode (vol down + home + power)
* Samsung devices come with a special flash counter that tracks the no. of times you flash custom roms and zips.
* If you wish to reset the flash counter back to original Download triangle away app by chainfire and hit reset counter. (in attachments)

Nice but must be edited...
To boot into recovery have to press volume up+home+power button...u described vol down for that...vol down is for boot into odin mode..
Check n edit as noobs could get confused....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 5279621

To boot into recovery have to press volume up+home+power button...u described vol down for that...vol down is for boot into odin mode..

Sorry I didn't notice it at all, I will make changes now. :D

polpan

Nov 19, 2011
Is it safe also to root the grand using this process if SIM1 is network locked?

Thanks...

D

Deleted member 5279621

I am sure you referred to my thread and made an isotope of it.

Didn't i say no mirroring my recovery image?

Should i write it in Tamil for you?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app
Sure I'll remove it now, sorry for the inconvinience

vasanthmes

Thanks for all the post.!
I got my grand rooted yesterday using clockwork mod recocery.
Next thing is custom rom.
I think cyanogen mod has some bugs like secondary sim not working and strange interface when sim card is pin locked.
Any new custom roms available? ??:p

D

Deleted member 5279621

Sure check out the devolopemental section of gt-i9082

Reactions: vasanthmes

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
Why I cant reply to certain forums? ??
It says you dont have permission to access to this page
Help me.! Bros.

As a new xda member you are not allowed to post on the development forum until you reach a certain number of posts. DO NOT spam other posts or posts "thanks" opn the post of others just to get your post count increased. Be patient.....

READ THIS: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1069298

Last edited:

civilization

May 7, 2003

Thanks in advance....

though ODIN shows CMW passed but aim not able to access recovery mode. It still show the original recovery. Any solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5279621

* Download the files from the attachments and extract them (for CWM visit : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160671 )
    * Now switch off your phone and boot into recovery mode (vol up + home + power)

NOTE: this guide is for the previous version of this phone, I will not update this guide coz I dont own the phone now.

* Download the files from the attachments and extract them
    * Now switch off your phone and boot into recovery mode (vol down + home + power)

D
    Deleted member 5279621

Thanks in advance....

Yes, heres the list

Chat on
    chrome
    flipboard
    fm radio
    group play
    hangout
    play music
    s apps.....
    I have added a line in the thread mentioning that "original idea by chuto222"
    and atleast nearly 100 people have viewed this thread and got help in 12 hrs
    so i think this tread will be useful

Please post some screenshots

Ok joining you then.....here is a video done by Cursed4Eva in youtube also same title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm1ssFkEaN0
    yes, even i am not able to root my gt i9082 after the OTA update.
    i had a rooted device before the update, i then just unrooted my device to get the firmware upgrade.
    at the moment my device is on:
    Baseband Version: I9082DDUBNB1
    Build Number: JDQ39.I9082XXUBNG3

When i tried rooting my phone on the above mentioned firmware it shows some different kind of text in the download mode which i had never seen before on the previous versions of firmware.

It Says: (image uploaded as an attachment for better understanding)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ! Current eMMC firm version
    ! [VHX_21nm_3bitMLC_8GB_p15]
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now after seeing this i just removed my battery and rebooted my phone as i was not sure whether i would succeed in rooting my device again as i obviously don't want a bricked device. So i just chose not to proceed with rooting.

so now i want to know is there any other way of rooting the device with this firmware version? or is it safe to proceed on this new firmware anyway (please tell yes/no only if u r damn confident about it)?

thanks in advance...hoping for appropriate reply.

Don't worry.
    It just displays your eMMC chip version. I installed Philz just after grabbing the OTA.