4.4.3 OTA canned; we're getting 4.4.4

Search This thread

allquixotic

Mar 19, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Source: https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z121c3jzhkvfs302m23sflcbqxb4xvm5a04

TL;DR: We're not getting 4.4.3, we're getting 4.4.4. The version bump to .4 is basically only a security vulnerability fix, so don't get excited about any new features or bug fixes except for what was already due to land with 4.4.3.

The worst part is that this will significantly add to the wait time until we see the next OTA for our device. The expected wait is 3 to 5 weeks after the week ending June 27, then there will be a soak, delaying it another week. With Verizon dragging their feet as is typical, I would expect this update to roll out for general availability no sooner than the second week of August.

Another two months of bluetooth dropouts. Thanks a lot, Verizon.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jhall8

Jhall8

Sep 4, 2012
Thanks for this info. My new Droid Maxx is arriving on Monday, so I'm combing through this forum every day.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

flintbomb

Dec 24, 2010
Yeah all BS. Can't believe we get screwed longer as usual. Thank God for developers like TopSnake who are able to provide what multi million dollar company's can't #customerservice and we aren't even his customers. I will shut up now..

Reactions: rekids and Topsnake

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah all BS. Can't believe we get screwed longer as usual. Thank God for developers like TopSnake who are able to provide what multi million dollar company's can't #customerservice and we aren't even his customers. I will shut up now..

Source: https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z121c3jzhkvfs302m23sflcbqxb4xvm5a04

TL;DR: We're not getting 4.4.3, we're getting 4.4.4. The version bump to .4 is basically only a security vulnerability fix, so don't get excited about any new features or bug fixes except for what was already due to land with 4.4.3.

The worst part is that this will significantly add to the wait time until we see the next OTA for our device. The expected wait is 3 to 5 weeks after the week ending June 27, then there will be a soak, delaying it another week. With Verizon dragging their feet as is typical, I would expect this update to roll out for general availability no sooner than the second week of August.

Another two months of bluetooth dropouts. Thanks a lot, Verizon.