[GAME][4.0+]Knock the Flags 49+ LEVELS PHYSICS BASED 3D GAME

Search This thread

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
Hi everyone I would like to introduce my first game called Knock The Flags, if you are a fan of Angry Birds or Can Knockdown you will most likely like this game!

The android version is currently out and requires Jellybeans 4.0+. The iOS version will be out soon.

Knock the Flags is a simple physics based game that requires the player to cause flags perched on top of blocks to tumble down and touch the ground. Sounds easy right? Well it’s not! As you progress through KTF’s 50 starting levels you will notice you will be progressively challenged by new and intricate scenarios! And you WON'T have to worry about any silly microtransactions or IAPs!

KTF is all about choice. As you progress further you will unlock new cannon balls and encounter different blocks with their own special traits and attributes. You are given a certain amount of ammo in each level, but how you use that ammo is up to you! Do you want to collapse those blocks with flags by hitting a weak point with the Mega Ball or do you want to try going directly for the double flag knockdown with a well placed hit from the Standard Ball? The choice is yours!

For the ultimate challenge try achieving 3 gold cannon balls on each level! You can achieve 3 gold balls by having 3 or more ammo remaining. Two ammo remaining gives you two gold balls, and 1 ammo remaining gives you one gold ball.

We appreciate all feedback and suggestions! Please report any issues and we will fix it as soon as possible!

Game link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Sempiternal.KTF_Full

Also if you have time please give us a review on google play!

Like our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sempiternal-Studios/247438805379844?ref=hl

Follow on us twitter and instagram!

https://twitter.com/SempiternalStud

http://instagram.com/sempiternalstudios

Last edited:

Xieon1

Nov 13, 2012
Boston
Pretty cool app, I downloaded it.

Couple problems I have, 1 isn't that big, 2 is.

1) It's pretty big, 30+mb, not sure if there's a way you can get the app down in size. I'm sure there is.

2)How do you switch the view on the ball. When I fire, I can only see the ball from the top down, and makes the game very hard because I can't even tell where the ball goes. In the video you can see the ball from behind as it hits the structures, mine is from above. This has to be changed, or I need to know what I'm doing wrong because to me it's game breaking.

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
Pretty cool app, I downloaded it.

Couple problems I have, 1 isn't that big, 2 is.

1) It's pretty big, 30+mb, not sure if there's a way you can get the app down in size. I'm sure there is.

2)How do you switch the view on the ball. When I fire, I can only see the ball from the top down, and makes the game very hard because I can't even tell where the ball goes. In the video you can see the ball from behind as it hits the structures, mine is from above. This has to be changed, or I need to know what I'm doing wrong because to me it's game breaking.

Thanks for the feedback!

1. I'm in the process of optimizing assets, code, etc to try and make the size smaller.

2. You can move the ball view around by simply swiping your finger around. I also added pinch to zoom feature on this point of view along with the fly cam.

On a side note if I may ask what device are you using and are you experiencing a glitch that involves the grass texture popping in and out?

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
V1.0.8 has been published, the annoying glitch with the texture pop in for newcomers has been fixed. (I'm so stupid I can't believe it was such a simple fix -.-)

Some people have also complained about not being able to see where the ball is going because by default it shows the ball from a top down view. Since day 1 I have added the ability to look around and see where the ball is going by simply swiping around the screen but apparently people haven't tried this so I made changes to the level 1 ball by adding a helpful hint about it.

Andrewdevua

Jun 25, 2014
Optimisation...

I want to ask you something. What physics engine do you use in your game? I suppose it s Unity3D, but when i was developing my game in Unity3D i cannot create so realistic physics...its pretty good in your game. Various balls create a good imaginatiot, that is not a simple game.

Btw answer me plz in pm...Thanks.

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
I want to ask you something. What physics engine do you use in your game? I suppose it s Unity3D, but when i was developing my game in Unity3D i cannot create so realistic physics...its pretty good in your game. Various balls create a good imaginatiot, that is not a simple game.

Btw answer me plz in pm...Thanks.

Please check your pm :)

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
Hey all, I have been experimenting with a see through feature that basically allows blocks and flags to be visible even with the cannon in the way. I have had a couple people give negative feedback because the cannon gets in the way so I first tried re sizing the cannon which made things look goofy and then I tried various camera angles and that didn't get the result I wanted. I devised a way to keep the cannon the same while at the same time giving clear visibility to targets.

I am thinking of adding in two difficulty's, easy and regular mode. With easy mode you can have targets be visible through the cannon, and with regular mode the see through feature is turned off. My only worry is that people may stick to easy mode, not that I care but it might make the game too easy!

This is what I am talking about:

No see through
non_see_through.png

See through

see_through.png

Thoughts? Opinions? If I can get some solid feedback on this issue asap I can get it all worked out by the end of this week.

Reactions: joluke

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
V1.0.9 has just been published! I added in difficulty settings "easy", "regular". Easy mode enables the see through feature pictured above, whereas regular mode turns off this feature. I think after a couple levels you probably won't need to be on easy mode since you will get the hang of the physics, but nevertheless it is there for all levels for your convenience.

I also cleaned up some code and reduced file size. Hopefully in the next update I will have 50 more levels and some other goodies.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
V1.0.9 has just been published! I added in difficulty settings "easy", "regular". Easy mode enables the see through feature pictured above, whereas regular mode turns off this feature. I think after a couple levels you probably won't need to be on easy mode since you will get the hang of the physics, but nevertheless it is there for all levels for your convenience.

I also cleaned up some code and reduced file size. Hopefully in the next update I will have 50 more levels and some other goodies.

For the easy mode how about just an outline of the blocks/flags, as it looks really odd seeing the blocks layered over the canon, and I was about to say that I had a graphics bug ;)

Playing on a 6.4 inch Z-Ultra.

I did notice a bit of warmth, although it shouldn't be too taxing a game for a quadcore snapdragon 800

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
For the easy mode how about just an outline of the blocks/flags, as it looks really odd seeing the blocks layered over the canon, and I was about to say that I had a graphics bug ;)

Playing on a 6.4 inch Z-Ultra.

I did notice a bit of warmth, although it shouldn't be too taxing a game for a quadcore snapdragon 800

i second the warming issue , i am playing on a samsung galaxy s4 active and things could get like 34 degree according to cpu-z:(

and i have a small suggestion too , the fly cam shouldnt be rotating like crazy i think the user must control it .

except those i am in addicition to a new game ... good work and keep it up :good::good::good::good::good:

smogf

Feb 17, 2011
Slubice
Hey all, I have been experimenting with a see through feature that basically allows blocks and flags to be visible even with the cannon in the way. I have had a couple people give negative feedback because the cannon gets in the way so I first tried re sizing the cannon which made things look goofy and then I tried various camera angles and that didn't get the result I wanted. I devised a way to keep the cannon the same while at the same time giving clear visibility to targets.

I am thinking of adding in two difficulty's, easy and regular mode. With easy mode you can have targets be visible through the cannon, and with regular mode the see through feature is turned off. My only worry is that people may stick to easy mode, not that I care but it might make the game too easy!

No see through
View attachment 2852184

See through

View attachment 2852185

Thoughts? Opinions? If I can get some solid feedback on this issue asap I can get it all worked out by the end of this week.

Cool game it can be.

About seeing through. At first I though its a in game error. Than I read your post. For me? It will be better when you cannot see the flag. Now its a little difficult to aim for me. I dont know exactly how far is block. U can always aim first beside flag than move cannon right or left and shot. Or. Will be better when camera went a little high or (the best options) when camera will be on the "head" of cannon with some kind of viewfinder. In the end you have to aim higher than block. But ist only my opinion.

And one more. When I shot the ball. I have camera always set downside. It will be better when it will be behind the ball in default.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone I would like to introduce my first game called Knock The Flags, if you are a fan of Angry Birds or Can Knockdown you will most likely like this game!

The android version is currently out and requires Jellybeans 4.0+. The iOS version will be out soon.

Knock the Flags is a simple physics based game that requires the player to cause flags perched on top of blocks to tumble down and touch the ground. Sounds easy right? Well it’s not! As you progress through KTF’s 50 starting levels you will notice you will be progressively challenged by new and intricate scenarios! And you WON'T have to worry about any silly microtransactions or IAPs!

KTF is all about choice. As you progress further you will unlock new cannon balls and encounter different blocks with their own special traits and attributes. You are given a certain amount of ammo in each level, but how you use that ammo is up to you! Do you want to collapse those blocks with flags by hitting a weak point with the Mega Ball or do you want to try going directly for the double flag knockdown with a well placed hit from the Standard Ball? The choice is yours!

For the ultimate challenge try achieving 3 gold cannon balls on each level! You can achieve 3 gold balls by having 3 or more ammo remaining. Two ammo remaining gives you two gold balls, and 1 ammo remaining gives you one gold ball.

We appreciate all feedback and suggestions! Please report any issues and we will fix it as soon as possible!

Game link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Sempiternal.KTF_Full

Also if you have time please give us a review on google play!

Like our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sempiternal-Studios/247438805379844?ref=hl

Follow on us twitter and instagram!

https://twitter.com/SempiternalStud

http://instagram.com/sempiternalstudios
    Hey, it's a great fun game. :good: Did you make this all by yourself?

Thanks! I mostly did everything by my self but I did have people help me with the non-development side of things(such as testing, feedback, miscellaneous, etc). It took about 6 months but if I didn't have work and school and put decent hours everyday I could have knocked(no pun intended) it out in 2-3.

When I first started the project I had absolutely no programming experience in JS or C# but I learned along the way and now I am fairly decent at it and using my knowledge for my second game :D

No see through
    non_see_through.png

See through

see_through.png

Nice game. But the size is way too big according to the graphics. Also graphics can be made bttr so as to make game more visually pleasing.

Thank you for the feedback! When you say size you mean the apk size? I can definitely make graphics better, but what kind of changes do you recommend?
    Very good

Very good game. Cannon awesome ^_^