[MOD] LTE Only Mode for S5 [G900F]

Search This thread

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
This mod adds "LTE only" option in Network mode (in system settings). Unlike using secret codes (which is less convenient), this is persists during boot.
Intended only for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F and possibly other S5 GSM/LTE models. Other (CDMA etc) models might be added depending on feedback/requests.

Note that WCDMA and GSM labels are switched but it works exactly the same as before. These are just labels switched by Samsung, probably because they are intended for different markets.

LTE Only Mode is also available from Xposed Module Repository (source).

Attachments

• lteonlymode.png
    lteonlymode.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 14,605
  • LTEOnlyModeS5.v0.1.0.apk
    8 KB · Views: 15,024
Last edited:

royal90

Oct 28, 2013
It was not until I thought about this option in my S4! I prefer to have 3 bars of LTE, HSDPA than 6, because of the internet is a great improvement. I hope that soon will support S4 :)

fersy

Aug 23, 2009
bavarian forest
A LTE/GSM module whould be great... Because when i receive a Phonecall, my s5 often switches in bad H+ network before it uses a good E network

Thanks

matt1.0

Sep 23, 2013
Can you also create a variation of this tweak for the SM-G900T?? I've been looking for something exactly like this since the S5 came out, being I travel both nationally and also internationally it would come in extremely handy. I would gladly donate "financially" towards your hard work!!

Tr1g

Jul 1, 2007
Hey I want to use your module to add LTE/WCDMA/GSM mode to the G2, It should be as simple as switching out the
Code:
cust_network_sel_menu4_lteonly
string but I can't seem to figure out what for...

I thought it could potentially be
Code:
network_mode_list_dcm_lte_3g
but I'm not certain and thought you might know off the top of your head.
An Ideas?
Thanks

Gertlily

Nov 18, 2012
Harlingen
Works great on my Galaxy S5. But could you also make a option for LTE preferred? Because if I choose LTE Only I can't call or get called because we don't have calling over LTE yet..

Thanks!

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
I have VoLTE, but with this module installed, I can't make or receive calls on LTE only... I'm on the G900T

konrad496

May 25, 2011
Could you please add the option to use LTE and still be able to make phone calls? Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900F

cute_kayani

Dec 8, 2006
Islamabad
I installed this module, wanam xposed lte, but i still don't have lte option in my sim menu. Does SIM with LTE activation force this menu to appear or after this module it should come.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using XDA Free mobile app

DElionel95

Dec 3, 2014
Antwerp
WCDMA(3G) LTE(4G) only mode?

Is it posibel to make a WCDMA LTE only mode to? (Without GSM (2g)) for s5? That shuld be nice! Thanks! Bdw nice mod!

Top Liked Posts