[Q] Camera freeze

Search This thread

Demon_360x

May 14, 2014
Hello

I have a xperia z1 c6906 LB now with romaur V 9.1

my problem with the camera is that, sometimes i unlock the cellphobe with the camera button (because i want to capture something ;) ) when i take the photo the camera freeze x_x, i take the picture and the images stay, the only way i can use my phone is lock and unlock but when i open the camera happens the same, i take a picture and the camera freeze. sometimes after take one picture the second or thrid freeze the camera. i allready try different camera apps and its the same u.u, so i need to reboot the phone so the camera work good again (for who knows how long).
i try different roms and the original tft always in 14.4.A.0.108.
i really dont know what to do, back to 14.3.A.0.757? o back even mora to android 4.3? :'(
i really like this phone and i dont want to change it.

anyone has this problem with the camera?
any fix?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

jontr

Jan 12, 2012
Youghal
Disable Stamina Mode - it happens only when in Stamina. Or press Power Button before pressing Camera Button. That way it will wake phone from Stamina Mode and then it shouldn't freeze on taking pictures.

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
Disable Stamina Mode - it happens only when in Stamina. Or press Power Button before pressing Camera Button. That way it will wake phone from Stamina Mode and then it shouldn't freeze on taking pictures.

Rubbish. I don't use Stamina mode and mine still does it almost every time I try and use the camera.

Scarf Face

Jul 29, 2012
Same here, started happening recently with no identifiable cause. I don't use Stamina mode either.

electrash

Aug 31, 2011
Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
yesterday my AR effect didnt want to capture picture, after reboot it was working fine.
I think there is something messed up in memory "cache" when you use a phone lot of time without shutdown or restart.

syl4r

Dec 19, 2011
Hello

my problem with the camera is that, sometimes i unlock the cellphobe with the camera button (because i want to capture something ;) ) when i take the photo the camera freeze x_x, i take the picture and the images stay, the only way i can use my phone is lock and unlock but when i open the camera happens the same, i take a picture and the camera freeze. sometimes after take one picture the second or thrid freeze the camera. i allready try different camera apps and its the same u.u, so i need to reboot the phone so the camera work good again (for who knows how long).
i really dont know what to do, back to 14.3.A.0.757? o back even mora to android 4.3? :'(

any fix?

thanks in advance

same problem, i couldn't use my camera for couple day. :rolleyes:
is there any better solution for this case?

funnies7

Dec 30, 2012
São Paulo
I am having this problem too, anyone found a fix for this?? I like this fone but i thinking to get back to lg g2 because of bugs

Sent from my C6943 using XDA Free mobile app

aprilflo

Oct 6, 2014
help

Hi i have the same problem with my z1's camera. Whenever i reboot my phone most of the apps crash, the camera will freeze and i cant open my album, im also having issues transfering files to sd card from internal memory. I really love this phone so i really need help about this, dunno what happend because it used to run perfectly.

tomascus

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2012
Melbourne
Best to provide a logcat or something that can help fix your issues. Use 'adb logcat > filename.txt' or google if you don't know how to logcat :)

Reactions: aprilflo

aprilflo

Oct 6, 2014

Hi, i Google logcat and i cant understand what it's for.. Im confused.. ? can you explain a bit about logcat.. If it's okay with you..

frozenkyle

Jan 25, 2013
camera totally freeze...

Im using c6903 14.4.a.0.157 rooted... Before i root my phone, my stock camera was working fine. But after i root it, it just freeze every time i take picture. But when im using 3rd prty apps it works although it'll take me 5-10 secs before it take picture... I've been searching all over the web for a fix but cant find any.... Hope someone can help,me out here... TIA...

mo120697

Sep 17, 2014
Ludwigsburg
this problem appeared first on android kitkat, so if you want perfect camera, you have to go back to .290 jelly bean.
in kitkat it appears often on .757 but it got a lot better on .108 and later.
this freeze is caused by a wrong memory managment. if you choose the internal memory instead of external sd card, you camera wont freeze

P.S with .157 this problem should be fixed

ronnie141

Dec 1, 2014
Hello

any fix?

thanks in advance

Well thats a very common problem with 108.. The same was happening with me when i had 108.. All you need to do is update to 157. Even if you see the changelog for 157 it clearly states improvements in the camera.. Believe me this is what you need to do. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: yash295

sruba209

Nov 24, 2012
bangalore
if i am not wrong , this problem has been fixed in .157. When i was on .108 stock , i had issues when i opened the camera from lock screen or using the camera button.
But after .157, i no longer face any issues when i open the camera from lock screen. sadly, the camera button still sometimes causes the problem u described above......

frozenkyle

Jan 25, 2013
Well thats a very common problem with 108.. The same was happening with me when i had 108.. All you need to do is update to 157. Even if you see the changelog for 157 it clearly states improvements in the camera.. Believe me this is what you need to do. Hope this helps :)

Im using . 157 rooted.... But still it freezes after i root my fone.... I dont know if it's because of the root file i used. Is there any way i can manually install camera..
but when i turn off my focus option in camera360 it doesnt freeze....

frozenkyle

Jan 25, 2013
camera freezes after rooting 14.4.a.0.157

Hi guys,
I rooted my phone c6903 14.4.a.0.157(lock bootloader) using what the steps i found on Waladec(something like that)... After rooting... My camera freezes freezes everytime i use it... Even the record button doesn't work.... I've searched for solution but didn't find any answer
answer.... But now found a solution and i want to share it.... Actually it is simple and maybe im the only one who doesn't know...

STEPS:
After unlocking bootloader and rooting your device. Just relock your bootloader.... And done....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best to provide a logcat or something that can help fix your issues. Use 'adb logcat > filename.txt' or google if you don't know how to logcat :)
    Hello

any fix?

thanks in advance