Isis with root?

Search This thread

suprtrukr425

Feb 26, 2010
Virginia
Does anyone know how to get Isis working on a rooted M8? Does that fix that was posted for the S4 work?

I have a free 50.00 in there that I wanna spend!

UPDATE: For those asking the same question. If you get xposed framework installed and use the Isis root bypass apk from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2425346, it will work just fine.

If you install Xposed framework, there is a module that will mask root from apps that won't work with a rooted phone.

Reactions: mlts22

txtech89

Jul 20, 2013
Sweet thanks will try this

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

racedog

Feb 22, 2005

Had a lot of trouble getting this working. Xposed wouldn't install on my m8 and then the Isis said that it wouldn't work with a rooted phone. Here's how I got it to work, YMMV!

I went into xposed and instead of the classical install, I set it to the second option, it downloaded a zip file, rebooted the phone into twrp, installed the zip and then rebooted the phone again normally. After that, I opened up Isis and this time the "phone is rooted" dialogue was gone and now I have my $50 back.

Thanks to the OP for this. Hated to lose that free $50 because it was going to buy my tempered glass screen cover tomorrow and now it still is.

Reactions: bvrr0 and sykoj82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know how to get Isis working on a rooted M8? Does that fix that was posted for the S4 work?

UPDATE: For those asking the same question. If you get xposed framework installed and use the Isis root bypass apk from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2425346, it will work just fine.

Had a lot of trouble getting this working. Xposed wouldn't install on my m8 and then the Isis said that it wouldn't work with a rooted phone. Here's how I got it to work, YMMV!

I went into xposed and instead of the classical install, I set it to the second option, it downloaded a zip file, rebooted the phone into twrp, installed the zip and then rebooted the phone again normally. After that, I opened up Isis and this time the "phone is rooted" dialogue was gone and now I have my $50 back.

Thanks to the OP for this. Hated to lose that free $50 because it was going to buy my tempered glass screen cover tomorrow and now it still is.

If you install Xposed framework, there is a module that will mask root from apps that won't work with a rooted phone.