[KERNEL][GEE/B]Franco kernel for Optimus G r211

Search This thread

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Hey guys! Another present for Y'all!
Big thanks to @xboxfanj and @franciscofranco for helping me out
But yup, we got Franco now! Our transition to 100% N4ization is almost complete ;)

Disclaimer!
I am NOT responsible for anything that happens to your phone, house, and (not limited to) your pet hamster. You are responsible for your actions, and don't blame me when you have a brick with glass on the back. However, I'll offer any help to get you out of it :)

Also, if you're gonna report an error, I'd like a proc/Last_ksmg (logcat for kernels). Error without one won't be disregarded, but it makes life easier for all of us.

Info and Instructions

Gee=Sprint and International
Geeb=AT&T and Canadian
Franco=all roms that don't need MOD (excluding CM based roms)
FrancoMOD=Mahdi, Slim, Anime, HellKat, Dokdo, or pretty much (coincidental, and subject to change) any rom by me.

TIP= If your camera ain't working, or only your front facing one is, you're using wrong kernel

DOWNLOADS

http://d-h.st/users/ThatKawaiiGuy?fld_id=34755

You flash it like anything else, flash on your recovery, if you're at this post and don't know what a recovery is, congrats, time for you to go learn.

SOURCES
https://github.com/ThatKawaiiGuy/kernel_msm
Branch Franco/Francomod

Big thanks to the big man himself Franciscofranco, xboxfanj, and the other peeps on github who helped me.

Remember everyone! Tip your waitresses, or in this case, devs! I would like a soda, you're welcome to get anyone else I've mentioned the drink of their choice ;)

Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Link just takes me to the Dev-Host page, not your page. :(
6uvyraqa.jpg

Sent from my Google using Tapatalk

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
I'll keep my eyes on the N4 to see if I see any battery tricks. But -150 mhz on voltage works well, stable

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
I'll keep my eyes on the N4 to see if I see any battery tricks. But -150 mhz on voltage works well, stable

Good to know. I am a bit confused on what caused the sudden battery death of my OG last last month. It just suddenly turned off and I have to pull out the battery connector and put it back just to make it boot. I guess it's kernel related.

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Good to know. I am a bit confused on what caused the sudden battery death of my OG last last month. It just suddenly turned off and I have to pull out the battery connector and put it back just to make it boot. I guess it's kernel related.

Sometimes it happens where the screen is off and it looks like it's bricked or whatever but then hold the power button for 20 seconds, letting go, and pressing for another 5 seconds fixed it. Not on Franco though. I experienced that on b"insert number"

Everyone, don't put -150 yet, put -100 and then of its good go slowly to -150

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
Sometimes it happens where the screen is off and it looks like it's bricked or whatever but then hold the power button for 20 seconds, letting go, and pressing for another 5 seconds fixed it. Not on Franco though. I experienced that on b"insert number"

Everyone, don't put -150 yet, put -100 and then of its good go slowly to -150

Oh. I do remember I was on b"insert number" kernel and I was playing RoboCop, the phone is really hot by then, and at the same time it is charging. I guess the hold power button trick does not work. I have yet to test this kernel as my OG has no battery and my other 2 OG's has been sold already.

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Oh. I do remember I was on b"insert number" kernel and I was playing RoboCop, the phone is really hot by then, and at the same time it is charging. I guess the hold power button trick does not work. I have yet to test this kernel as my OG has no battery and my other 2 OG's has been sold already.

Dang 3 OG's, well tell me when you get it running Alright? Tell me how it goes, any errors, etc.

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Damn, man. This kernel is actually pretty swaggerific. It's giving amazing performance so far. WiFi is a little spotty, but that could be just me seeing things, hahah

Reactions: ThatKawaiiGuy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys! Another present for Y'all!
    Big thanks to @xboxfanj and @franciscofranco for helping me out
    But yup, we got Franco now! Our transition to 100% N4ization is almost complete ;)

Disclaimer!
    I am NOT responsible for anything that happens to your phone, house, and (not limited to) your pet hamster. You are responsible for your actions, and don't blame me when you have a brick with glass on the back. However, I'll offer any help to get you out of it :)

Also, if you're gonna report an error, I'd like a proc/Last_ksmg (logcat for kernels). Error without one won't be disregarded, but it makes life easier for all of us.

Info and Instructions

Gee=Sprint and International
    Geeb=AT&T and Canadian
    Franco=all roms that don't need MOD (excluding CM based roms)
    FrancoMOD=Mahdi, Slim, Anime, HellKat, Dokdo, or pretty much (coincidental, and subject to change) any rom by me.

TIP= If your camera ain't working, or only your front facing one is, you're using wrong kernel

DOWNLOADS

http://d-h.st/users/ThatKawaiiGuy?fld_id=34755

You flash it like anything else, flash on your recovery, if you're at this post and don't know what a recovery is, congrats, time for you to go learn.

SOURCES
    https://github.com/ThatKawaiiGuy/kernel_msm
    Branch Franco/Francomod

Big thanks to the big man himself Franciscofranco, xboxfanj, and the other peeps on github who helped me.

Remember everyone! Tip your waitresses, or in this case, devs! I would like a soda, you're welcome to get anyone else I've mentioned the drink of their choice ;)

Enjoy!

FrancoMOD and Franco for Gee and Geeb Uploaded :)
    Enjoy guys!
    Alright, r208 is out, gee and geeb and mod and unmod, enjoy :) sorry i took so long
    @ThatKawaiiGuy any chance of an updated build for this? Just curious, not trying to pester

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Aw, sorry. I've been busy again, just keep me reminded and I'll get to it when I can

Enjoy your free food guys ;)
    All builds are up now, gee and geeb, unmod and mod