The HTC Guide: Hermes - (04-07-08)

Search This thread

+ Que PPC

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
put your device in Bootloader mode... hold the OK and POWER buttons and hit the reset hole once... wait for the tricolor screen, now you can release the other two buttons... IPL and SPL are your bootloader... well in fact is the SPL.

Wanna know more... read the wiki pages for Tytn

solo170

Aug 30, 2009
total newb

Hey guys,
im a total newb at upgrading and all that
im about to attempt my first upgrade from WM5 to 6. i have a jasjam.
upon reading the instructions i tried to install HARDSPL into the jasjam.
I connect to windows mobile device centre and then run RUUWrapper.exe and i follow the process as shown by mwvanx. However as i hit the last "next button" and then the phone goes into bootloader mode.. i lose connection and it says "error 260: update error. The update utility cannot connect to your PDA phone." please check that it is connected properly etc
and then it makes me exit

Thanks in advance for any help guys!
hopefully i can get over this hump and start upgrading =D

axzll

Sep 12, 2009
anti virus for my hermes200

Hi everyone, I think I caught a virus on my PDA, can someone help me find a good antivirus for my beloved hermes? plsssssssssssssss?

Thanks

addicus

Mar 13, 2006
Inland Empire, California
The strangest thing is happening to me while attempting to flash from my storage card. I put the phone in bootloader mode and it takes (IPL-1.04 / SPL-2.10.olipro). Then on the bottom Serial shows and it never goes to the next step and ask me do I want to flash the new image.

I put the att original on the 2gb storage card over and over and over and renamed it HERMIMG.nbh over and over and over and just am flabbergasted. The phone is not bricked, it just refuses to flash again.

Does anyone here have any solutions or suggestions?

PS - I have formatted the card to fat32 and I have checked it for errors. The HERMIMG file is not in a folder and is on the root of the storage card.

phazio

Jan 14, 2010
Hey,
Still a bit curious how to actually revert
eveything back to factory settings.

By upgrading to another ROM i lost my
Original Symbols for Typing, i.e. ÅÄÖ,
my games (man i love Bubblebreaker and Cards).

Was looking at the Downgrade Guide, all links
were too old so that didn't help.

Cheers though, great guide!
phazio

addicus

Mar 13, 2006
Inland Empire, California
To get to your original settings you must flash the stock rom, whih would be WM5. If it's the keyboard configuration games you want - you can download Advance Config 3.3 and it has an option or the type of keyboard. For the games look them up under google and I'm sure you'll find them.

stranger999

Apr 9, 2009
The strangest thing is happening to me while attempting to flash from my storage card. I put the phone in bootloader mode and it takes (IPL-1.04 / SPL-2.10.olipro). Then on the bottom Serial shows and it never goes to the next step and ask me do I want to flash the new image.

I put the att original on the 2gb storage card over and over and over and renamed it HERMIMG.nbh over and over and over and just am flabbergasted. The phone is not bricked, it just refuses to flash again.

Does anyone here have any solutions or suggestions?

PS - I have formatted the card to fat32 and I have checked it for errors. The HERMIMG file is not in a folder and is on the root of the storage card.
I have the same problem. Have you found solution?

Th@ruN

Mar 21, 2010
jogjakarta

hi...
I have dopod 838 pro, and i still don't know much bout it...:(
what should I do?? to:confused:
i want to upgrade it but don't know what first i have to do..

Th@ruN

Mar 21, 2010
jogjakarta
Can I restore to default after modified??

hi...
maybe it is a silly question,:p
but can i restore to default set after i modified my hermes.

DDrX

Sep 7, 2009
it seems that the website is either down or "hacked" any other tut would be appreciated

Ruch0

May 12, 2010
Romania
a problem

i did step by spet the hspl:
1. download hardspl v7 from the first post.
2. extract ruu_signed.nbh and rename it to HERMIMG.nbh
3. copy it to a microsd card, make sure the card is formatted as fat32
4. download sspl-herm from here
5. extract SSPL-HERM.exe and copy it to your phone.
6. insert sd card and run sspl-herm.exe on the phone.
7. you should see the tri-color screen and then it should change to this
8. press power button to start flashing
9. reset when you get the msg that its done.

but when i tried to open the sspl-herm.exe on my device nothing happend...i've repeated the step one by one but i cant find a solution...please help

watzizname

Feb 26, 2008
Nottingham
ditto - anyone got a copy of the tutes elsewhere?

I have, but apparently, i'm not allowed to share them..

To prevent spam to the forums, new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. All new user accounts will be verified by moderators before this restriction is removed

Obviously i'm not a "new" member, but this was my first post on here.

So how many post are required, before i can add the captures i took of mrvanx's guide's, and uploaded to imagevenue?

Last edited:

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
I have, but apparently, i'm not allowed to share them..

Obviously i'm not a "new" member, but this was my first post on here.

So how many post are required, before i can add the captures i took of mrvanx's guide's, and uploaded to imagevenue?

Well you could send them to me and i'll repost the site again, since the scumbags who hacked it messed it up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people, since it seems to be getting quite popular heres the official thread for the Hermes upgrade guide ive written.
    The guide has now moved to a new host so dont forget to update any links you use!!

The HTC Guide

Individual Hermes guides:

* Currently updating the guides so please check back

Please read the guide word for word and you should be successfull in carrying out the procedures described.
    DO NOT pm me if you have already posted in this thread, i WILL NOT answer you if you do!
    Enjoy ;)