{ForeLayer} TroutMob and Mr Kurt Willems Present. A lil Bit-o-Fore Skin ;) Please Add

Search This thread

m0bmentality

Feb 7, 2010
So CoOkie developed this amazing new layer at my request and hid it in the registry settings of the new and EFFING AMAZING CHT2.0 setup.. .

Now you have seen some of the neat stuff we have been trying to do with CHTS (scheduler) but this is something different.. and well.. simple..

But can have unlimited potential.. and can do all the crazy **** your mother warned you about...

Ok .. maybe not .. but it CAN do some really cool stuff.

Its Called "ForeLayer" and its exactly what it sounds like.. its a layer placed almost as high up onto the layers of the phone as possible.. skinning over the top of everything BUT the taskbar and CHT2 slider.

But the cool part? It has ZERO click interruption!! So you could lets say .. put some fish floating in the middle of your screen.. that will stay there on top of your icons , clock, ect.. but NOT interfere with click or swypability.

Please include 2 files.. one on top of a wallpaper.. and the .png file itself.

Remember.. you can save them as anything you want.. but for them to load into the phone it must be placed into the appropriate folder and named ForeLayer.png then the phone has to be soft reset...

Lets get busy and make some cool stuff and pack a thread full of window blinds into our phones.

Some Demos

Fishies

Phone With a View

Sunkist.png
BrokenGlassSS.Jpeg

WaterSS1.png
WaterSS2.png

Here is the RegEdit Cab thanks to Kurt (since i am an absolute moron when it comes to cabbing registry files apparently, and i was making people use regedit and assign values..) :)

Well... he made it a super simple .cab and after its installed.. all you have to do is drop your new files into the folder.. rename is appropriately and reset.

We included 3 of the first ones i built. The Fish , Broken Screen (*looks REALLY effin real) and Water.. lol... Have Fun.

Ps Only supports 480x800 for now.. it will sit on top of 960 and 1440 but the file itself must be 480.

http://www.brittondelizia.com/josh/ForeLayer.cab

using the cab file the forelayers are now in the phone root in a folder called "ForeLayer"

Last edited:
Reactions: poyensa

m0bmentality

Feb 7, 2010
Foreword:

Okay, I have been thinking about this fore about two day's!
Reason, I would create something that let you easily changed the ForeLayer between your collection.
After two day's of thinking and 8H to fining out way it would work in the first place finally I have found it!

Like Albert Einstein; I didn't fail 100 times, I just found 100 ways how it didn't work :rolleyes:

Just download the cab file and you can begin;)

Instruction guide; Image gives more information than text:
forelayerapp.gif

After selection this application will do automatic a manila reset so nothing to do fore you! ;)

PS: I have think about it, if you will you can translate this aplication to your language.

Instructions: Download the "StringsFL.zip" File. Extract it you will discover the "StringsFL.ini" file; and translate the text!
Only the text I mention here below in blue!!!
Save your "StringsFL.ini" File and set it in the \Windows folder in your device.

Pleas let me know your opinion; Okay it is my first time I make this so there is always place fore improvement.

Cab
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415080&d=1286480597

Strings
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415079&d=1286480597

Last edited:

aoakes

Sep 13, 2006
MA, USA
this is almost better than the live wallpaper, and I say that because there is no battery drain with this creative idea.. fresh, i like it!!

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
damn why does this kinda goodness always happen when im asleep :D
better get busy after work.......

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
go to the forelayer folder on your storage card and rename forelayer.png to forelayerglass
then rename forelayerfish or tank to forelayer and softreset

miller710

May 31, 2010
Pelham, NH
my attempt

so I downloaded a program called GIMP. look what I made. oh and my forelayer folder is in my phones internal memory not the sd card.

Attachments

• colorssmok_e5albyok.jpg
    colorssmok_e5albyok.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 791
  • ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 721
  • ScreenShot3.jpg
    ScreenShot3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 563
  • ScreenShot2.jpg
    ScreenShot2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 488
  • ScreenShot4.jpg
    ScreenShot4.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 491
  • ScreenShot5.jpg
    ScreenShot5.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 704

ezzie

Aug 14, 2007
Omaha NE
since i no you guys have an in, do you know if cookie ever plans on integrating the original animated themes that came with the stock roms? It seems like something like this is the first step in getting that back.........or maybe i'm just really tired and already starting to dream:rolleyes:

darkblak

Dec 14, 2004
Eastbourne
But the cool part? It has ZERO click interruption!! So you could lets say .. put some fish floating in the middle of your screen.. that will stay there on top of your icons , clock, ect.. but NOT interfere with click or swypability.

So can this be animated? I am thinking Live Wallpaper here. Fish swimming over everything - and being unclickable it's not going to interfere with anything else. This is a great feature.

kurt-willems

Jan 15, 2009
ANS
Dist,
can you hep to post a clear step by step to put it our device. After I insstall, nothing I can see like the screen shot.

Kelly.

First you need to have/install CHT 2.0.0 Beta + (Recommended) CHTEditor 2.0.0.

After installation of this two, you simply install the cab posted on the first post; => soft reset, the broken glass is pre loaded. fore changing the image file you need to go into the ForeLayer folder, rename the file or edit the reg key.

But on that latest I will start to get work fore making a more easy switch.

Reactions: shoaib89

enyaj

Jun 26, 2006
General Trias
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
So can this be animated? I am thinking Live Wallpaper here. Fish swimming over everything - and being unclickable it's not going to interfere with anything else. This is a great feature.

Yeah animated gif maybe would be cool. Also I noticed it does not skin upto the task bar for example the broken glass. It cuts off meaning it doesn't reach the top. Is there any way to make it go all the way to tha task bar? But it still very cool by the way!

rustamg

Dec 24, 2009
I posted a query last year regarding this . If you guys would remember , there was a dog in the earlier desktop windows versions of early 90's . This little rascal would eat up the screen and even dig holes. Worked as a kind of a screensaver.. Now since the work seems to be done here.... any clues as to how to get him on mobile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So CoOkie developed this amazing new layer at my request and hid it in the registry settings of the new and EFFING AMAZING CHT2.0 setup.. .

Now you have seen some of the neat stuff we have been trying to do with CHTS (scheduler) but this is something different.. and well.. simple..

But can have unlimited potential.. and can do all the crazy **** your mother warned you about...

Ok .. maybe not .. but it CAN do some really cool stuff.

Its Called "ForeLayer" and its exactly what it sounds like.. its a layer placed almost as high up onto the layers of the phone as possible.. skinning over the top of everything BUT the taskbar and CHT2 slider.

Please include 2 files.. one on top of a wallpaper.. and the .png file itself.

Remember.. you can save them as anything you want.. but for them to load into the phone it must be placed into the appropriate folder and named ForeLayer.png then the phone has to be soft reset...

Lets get busy and make some cool stuff and pack a thread full of window blinds into our phones.

Some Demos

Fishies

Phone With a View

Sunkist.png
    BrokenGlassSS.Jpeg

WaterSS1.png
    WaterSS2.png

Here is the RegEdit Cab thanks to Kurt (since i am an absolute moron when it comes to cabbing registry files apparently, and i was making people use regedit and assign values..) :)

Well... he made it a super simple .cab and after its installed.. all you have to do is drop your new files into the folder.. rename is appropriately and reset.

We included 3 of the first ones i built. The Fish , Broken Screen (*looks REALLY effin real) and Water.. lol... Have Fun.

Ps Only supports 480x800 for now.. it will sit on top of 960 and 1440 but the file itself must be 480.

http://www.brittondelizia.com/josh/ForeLayer.cab

using the cab file the forelayers are now in the phone root in a folder called "ForeLayer"
    Dist,
    can you hep to post a clear step by step to put it our device. After I insstall, nothing I can see like the screen shot.

Kelly.

First you need to have/install CHT 2.0.0 Beta + (Recommended) CHTEditor 2.0.0.

After installation of this two, you simply install the cab posted on the first post; => soft reset, the broken glass is pre loaded. fore changing the image file you need to go into the ForeLayer folder, rename the file or edit the reg key.

But on that latest I will start to get work fore making a more easy switch.
    ForeLayer Application!

Foreword:

Okay, I have been thinking about this fore about two day's!
    Reason, I would create something that let you easily changed the ForeLayer between your collection.
    After two day's of thinking and 8H to fining out way it would work in the first place finally I have found it!

Like Albert Einstein; I didn't fail 100 times, I just found 100 ways how it didn't work :rolleyes:

Just download the cab file and you can begin;)

Instruction guide; Image gives more information than text:
    forelayerapp.gif

After selection this application will do automatic a manila reset so nothing to do fore you! ;)

PS: I have think about it, if you will you can translate this aplication to your language.

Instructions: Download the "StringsFL.zip" File. Extract it you will discover the "StringsFL.ini" file; and translate the text!
    Only the text I mention here below in blue!!!
    Save your "StringsFL.ini" File and set it in the \Windows folder in your device.

[Custom]
    Title=Warning!
    Message=Please note that if you press cancel in any step from now on, the ForeLayer won't load correctly. If you don't want to change your ForeLayer, please press cancel now.

[Custom_2]
    Title=Customization
    Message=Please select the image file you want to use as ForeLayer.

[Custom_3]
    Title=ForeLayer Selection!
    Message=Is this the correct ForeLayer you want to use?

[Custom_4]
    Title=Information.
    Message=The ForeLayer is been Updated!
    Important​
    : don't change the value of the Black Text!!!​

(Changing the black text will caused problems!!!!)

Don't forget to save your translation file ass a Unicode!! (some language have need this)

Pleas let me know your opinion; Okay it is my first time I make this so there is always place fore improvement.

If you will you can send me by PM the translation and I will upload a cab version in your language.
    Finally fixed my issue with the lcd being loose.. but i think i over tightened :)

BoltedIn.png