aircrack -ng on android

Search This thread

TermyJW

Jun 2, 2009
You would have to have the Debian OS installed on the side, which has been discussed on the forum many times. And then you'd have to run it on Debian. After hooking up the phones WiFi to Debian, which as far as I know, there aren't any Drivers made yet.

So, the G1 is capable, but it takes a great deal of work.

Not even mentioning the fact that it is illegal to crack the WiFi codes in some places...

Also, this is not a development question, it should be in Dream Q&A.

Last edited:

myangel.go

Jun 21, 2011
Aircrack for Android

Hi
Look just go here:
javapassionblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/aircrack-ng-su-android.html

:)

Maave

Nov 3, 2010
As much as I would love it, no. I've been hunting this for a while myself. The G1 doesn't have Android drivers capable of monitor mode.

There is hope though. SHR Linux is a distro designed for phones. It started as an OS for the Openmoko Neo Freerunner and was planned to spread to more but it sucks on everything but the Freerunner and the G1.
http://www.shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Devices/HTCDream/InstallGuide
Anyway, SHR Linux uses the wl12xx driver, a mac80211-based driver for the wl1251 (the G1's wifi chip). Driver stability is sketchy but if we're lucky it'll go into monitor mode without crashing. The procedure to use the driver is written here: http://www.htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Dream#Core_Status

I haven't tried SHR Linux yet, it's on my list of stuff to do. I think I'll give a go today.

Before someone says "the chip doesn't support monitor mode", yes it does. Some guy made monitor+injection drivers for the N900 which uses the same wifi chip as the G1. Google "N900 bleeding edge wifi" if you want to see it, it's on his blog. 'Why can't we use this working driver for SHR/Debian/Android' you ask? Because that driver was designed for the Power Kernel mod of Maemo, but the driver would definitely help devs if they sought to get monitor mode from Android.

h311sdr0id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2011
Slack

Don't forget about Backtrack's older versions as well (when we ran aircrack-ng through slackware)... BT had been using Slackware in some of the beginning releases of development and aircracl-ng ran beautifully.

Slackware has been around forever and has alson has a ARM based release of their distro for a little while now. I think it would be nice to see any of our devices running slackware and aircrack together, But who knows.

I liked BT better when it ran Slack anyways.

hellsdroid

Last edited:

deadfish75

Nov 10, 2011
i have all this working with your fantastic tutorial and files provided and good links, but i have one problem, the resolution looks like it is set too high for the g1 480x320 res, and which buttons do you use to close airodump-ng to use aircrack-ng to crack the key??

Dec 23, 2014
Hello Everybody!

I am using Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and I can successfully run monitor mode on it with bcmon. I can run tools like reaver, aireplay-ng, aircrack-ng, airodump-ng and they all work perfectly, but I would really like to run airbase-ng, but when I try to run it, I got:
sh: airbase-ng: not found :(

Can anybody help me to get this tool working?

Thanks! :)