[Q] Recovery keeps being reset to stock

Search This thread

beevizz

Feb 20, 2009
Hello guys,

I´m brandnew to that whole android-custom-rom-flashing-thing so I hope you won´t be that mad at me for maybe asking a question to something already solved or known...

Anyways, I want to install Rocket Tab on my T210 hopefully to increase it´s overall stability and performance, because from stock this thing just s*cks (at least for me it keeps freezing and is just slow at all).

I think I learned all the necessary steps, the recovery, the rooting and the use of the custom recovery to install another rom, but..

...the custom recovery keeps being reset to stock recovery after every reboot. Is this normal?

Usually the reboot box in Odin is checked, but after a reboot the custom recovery already is gone. If I skip the automatic reboot it´s at least there til after the next reboot.

What am I doing wrong? :D

Thanks for your help!

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Hello guys,

I´m brandnew to that whole android-custom-rom-flashing-thing so I hope you won´t be that mad at me for maybe asking a question to something already solved or known...

Anyways, I want to install Rocket Tab on my T210 hopefully to increase it´s overall stability and performance, because from stock this thing just s*cks (at least for me it keeps freezing and is just slow at all).

I think I learned all the necessary steps, the recovery, the rooting and the use of the custom recovery to install another rom, but..

...the custom recovery keeps being reset to stock recovery after every reboot. Is this normal?

Usually the reboot box in Odin is checked, but after a reboot the custom recovery already is gone. If I skip the automatic reboot it´s at least there til after the next reboot.

What am I doing wrong? :D

Thanks for your help!

There is a feature of the stock rom that re-installs the stock recovery on reboot. To remove this feature, once you get the custom recovery installed, flash the universal root zip and it will disable the stock recovery restoration.

beevizz

Feb 20, 2009
dammit, could have thought about something like that myself.

so basically I´m gonna do what I thought of doing next: I wont let Odin do the reboot and boot to recovery from download mode and try to do the rooting before the next reboot...

thanks mate!