INKredible: The best note taking app

Search This thread

Vasishtha

Dec 9, 2013
Ever since I've switched to Android I've always wondered if there was an app that could offer the same writing experience the iPad apps had. Papyrus was one of them, however with this screen resolution I don't enjoy it anymore.
And then I spotted this gem.
INKredible has by far the best note taking experience this tablet can offer.
The devs have just begun porting their ios app (notes plus) to Android, therefore there're not a lot of features baked into the app yet.
The app has matured pretty well over the past 1.5 years, as expected :)
So be sure to show your support too the devs, as it may help in speeding up this process
Download the app, make some in app purchases and make this app even greater :good:

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viettran.INKredible&hl=nl

I'd like to know your note taking experience with this app and how it compares to other note taking apps.
If you know an equally good(or better) one be sure to tell us aswell.

Comparable app(s):

-FiiNote (mentioned by crypta: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61466857&postcount=14)

turn-offs

• slow rendering
  • the only pen worthwhile is the pencil pen (under paint mode) but it's not resizeable)
-S Note

Key features that have been successfully added since I posted this thread:
-Touch with finger to erase (s-pen only mode)
-Enable shape detection
-Page zoom lock (helps with accidental zooms while writing)
-PDF import support (can't be imported in an exiting notebook; in app purchase)
-Folder management
-Black paper background
-Misc. performance improvements
-(last edited 25-03-2016)

Wish list:
-Optimize the scrolling/zooming animations under Samsung ROMs, they are really jagged and jarring.
-An intuitive way to compare pages of the same/different notebook(s). Maybe a split-screen within the app.
-The ability to import pdf's within an existing notebook.
-Writing near the left and right edges triggers the app's gestures, make it ignore these gestures when using the s-pen.
-The 'Touch with finger to erase (s-pen only mode)' feature requires a tap to activate, this feels inefficient and unnecessary.

Last edited:

sam2c

Feb 8, 2012
I just tried it. Its got very nice hand writing rendering, better than Papyrus and LectureNotes and on par with S-Notes. Very clean intetface. S-pen button works too (you hear that Papyrus!!!) But I dont like how you can't disable finger writing all together like Papyrus. No text input or means to cut and paste from within your notes AFAIK.

I havent been able to find any kind import functionality either which pretty much ruins it for me.

Its a great start though. I hope they continue to improve it.

Reactions: copncop

Vasishtha

Dec 9, 2013
I just tried it. Its got very nice hand writing rendering, better than Papyrus and LectureNotes and on par with S-Notes. Very clean intetface. S-pen button works too (you hear that Papyrus!!!) But I dont like how you can't disable finger writing all together like Papyrus. No text input or means to cut and paste from within your notes AFAIK.

I havent been able to find any kind import functionality either which pretty much ruins it for me.

Its a great start though. I hope they continue to improve it.

Features wise its very minimalistic (I think they're trying to perfect the writing xp first), however that won't be the case for long.
I didn't realise that the spen button had a function within inkcredible , did you disable the default button action via the GMD s-pen app?

I don't really agree with it being an par with snotes, its more like the other way around.
Snotes has a decent note taking experience, if you compare it with a blackboard writing style then its without opactity variances but with thickness variances (also there are no thickness drops if you set the stroke thickness to 10 or 11). Plus ,in my opninion, INKredible feels and appears more natural.

The moment we get some more features I'll be uninstalling snotes and papyrus :p

-V

Last edited:

sam2c

Feb 8, 2012
Features wise its very minimalistic (I think they're trying to perfect the writing xp first), however that won't be the case for long.
I didn't realise that the spen button had a function within inkcredible , did you disable the default button action via the GMD s-pen app?

I don't really agree with it being an par with snotes, its more like the other way around.
Snotes has a decent note taking experience, if you compare it with a blackboard writing style then its without opactity variances but with thickness variances (also there are no thickness drops if you set the stroke thickness to 10 or 11). Plus ,in my opninion, INKredible feels and appears more natural.

-V

I just disabled air commands. If I press the stylus button while hovering, it switches back and fours between eraser and pen. Very nice feature. I don't understand why Papyrus devs are so adament about Samsung being at fault for their lack of s-pen button support. Both Lecturenotes and now Inkredible support it now, even without GMD!

Vasishtha

Dec 9, 2013
I just disabled air commands. If I press the stylus button while hovering, it switches back and fours between eraser and pen. Very nice feature. I don't understand why Papyrus devs are so adament about Samsung being at fault for their lack of s-pen button support. Both Lecturenotes and now Inkredible support it now, even without GMD!
Oh I'll check that out, thanks for the tip!
With inkredible its also possible to draw a circle around a portion of text and drag and drop it to somewhere else or do some other action too the selected portion .

ziotom2

Jul 22, 2008
Milano
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
big potential. some delay in rendering. no possibility to maintain colors and transparency switching between different tools. could be a very interesting tool

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk

KOTYAR

Sep 30, 2012
It's great app - but it kinda doesn't recognice S Pen button for me

Could it be because I'm using Android Lollipop?

Vasishtha

Dec 9, 2013

copncop

May 13, 2015
Dear friends!

I'm really appreciate for your supporting and help our small app's recognized by many more potential users. We've been working hard to make the app more useful and add features to make it works as your main note-taker app, Just hope that day coming soon.
Anyway new version is just waiting the translations and will land on the Play store in a few days.
What’s new in 1.6
- Support "Insert Image" feature
- Apply new S Pen SDK -> solve issue with Lollipop on Samsung device
- Introduce “App Settings”
- Improve selection gesture
- Many bugs fixed & improvements
- Allow rotating, grouping, lock/unlock aspect ratio, ... objects

- Allow zoom out to minimum 90%

Thank you again for your supporting :)

Vasishtha

Dec 9, 2013
Looked at it briefly and sorry to say this, but e.g. FIINotes is far superior - at least from the productive point of View.
There's no denying it from that point of view, I've tried using it today and I can safely say that the writing experience is a dissapointment.
The mode I tried for hadwriting is called paintmode. The second brush was the most promising, however I couldn't set the thickness of it. And I don't like that standard faded thickness.
Also INKredible pens have more smoothening applied to them.

For me its pointless arguing about features until the writing experience of both apps is at an acceptable level; I didn't switch over from paper only to have a bad writing experience on a glass surface.
Compared to paper, digital writing is 'infinitely' more productive(featured). So why pick an app over another app just because it has more features (if the latter has a better writing experience).
infinite+10(features) is still infinite :p

Vasishtha

Dec 9, 2013
I'm really appreciate for your supporting and help our small app's recognized by many more potential users. We've been working hard to make the app more useful and add features to make it works as your main note-taker app, Just hope that day coming soon.
Anyway new version is just waiting the translations and will land on the Play store in a few days.
What’s new in 1.6

Thank you for letting us know :)
Do you know when we'll be getting the import pdf feature?

Vasishtha

Dec 9, 2013
And thats the point. The writing experience is like on glas ...on every glas surface ;). I dont care the looks, I need work done and Information saved.
Well I enjoy wrting on glass more then on paper nowadays, I found myself writing in a more neater way because I always correct sloppy writing due to my OCD.
So now I write more neater because of that. Also I now enjoy the low friction of glass more then the friction of paper...strangely
If I'm making smooth handwriting motions, I don't want to see jankey/jittery graphics on my glass, it just hurts my brain. That hurting trows all the features out of the window.

copncop

May 13, 2015
Thank you for letting us know :)
Do you know when we'll be getting the import pdf feature?

I don't know exactly the time, but we're working hard to make the app more better and add new features soon :)

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

And thats the point. The writing experience is like on glas ...on every glas surface ;). I dont care the looks, I need work done and Information saved.

I know our weakness is about limit features, and we will continue develop missing feature to make the app more productive :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ever since I've switched to Android I've always wondered if there was an app that could offer the same writing experience the iPad apps had. Papyrus was one of them, however with this screen resolution I don't enjoy it anymore.
    And then I spotted this gem.
    INKredible has by far the best note taking experience this tablet can offer.
    The devs have just begun porting their ios app (notes plus) to Android, therefore there're not a lot of features baked into the app yet.
    The app has matured pretty well over the past 1.5 years, as expected :)
    So be sure to show your support too the devs, as it may help in speeding up this process
    Download the app, make some in app purchases and make this app even greater :good:

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viettran.INKredible&hl=nl

I'd like to know your note taking experience with this app and how it compares to other note taking apps.
    If you know an equally good(or better) one be sure to tell us aswell.

Comparable app(s):

-FiiNote (mentioned by crypta: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61466857&postcount=14)

turn-offs

• slow rendering
    • the only pen worthwhile is the pencil pen (under paint mode) but it's not resizeable)
    -S Note

Key features that have been successfully added since I posted this thread:
    -Touch with finger to erase (s-pen only mode)
    -Enable shape detection
    -Page zoom lock (helps with accidental zooms while writing)
    -PDF import support (can't be imported in an exiting notebook; in app purchase)
    -Folder management
    -Black paper background
    -Misc. performance improvements

Wish list:
    -Optimize the scrolling/zooming animations under Samsung ROMs, they are really jagged and jarring.
    -An intuitive way to compare pages of the same/different notebook(s). Maybe a split-screen within the app.
    -The ability to import pdf's within an existing notebook.
    -Writing near the left and right edges triggers the app's gestures, make it ignore these gestures when using the s-pen.
    -The 'Touch with finger to erase (s-pen only mode)' feature requires a tap to activate, this feels inefficient and unnecessary.

-V

Here ya go

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viettran.INKredible

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Dear friends!

What’s new in 1.6

Well I enjoy wrting on glass more then on paper nowadays, I found myself writing in a more neater way because I always correct sloppy writing due to my OCD.
    So now I write more neater because of that. Also I now enjoy the low friction of glass more then the friction of paper...strangely
    If I'm making smooth handwriting motions, I don't want to see jankey/jittery graphics on my glass, it just hurts my brain. That hurting trows all the features out of the window.