[ROM] Minimalist 3.2.1 - Multilang, External Drive RW, Keyboard fix, Ad-Hoc WiFi etc.

Search This thread

dr1337

Mar 27, 2010
Melbourne
Minimalist 3.2.1 ROM.

Built on custom modified Tiamat Xoom 2.1 ROM and HoneyVillain 2.5 kernel. No screenshots available. Just imagine or look up what the Xoom's UI looks like.

Download the ROM here.

Instead of doing a mega-patch, I've just decided to upload the numerous enhancements and fixes as an entire new ROM.

Kernel sources will be available here - https://github.com/anarchron/Iconia_a500_3.1

Last edited:

hhairplane

May 4, 2011
Thank you for posting a new rom, though a more detailed guide of what is included/not and some screen shots would be excellent. Thank you.

themono

Sep 15, 2010
What is this based on? Stock Asus?

EDIT: But also, thankyou for putting in the effort!

hiruyuki

Oct 28, 2008
Just wondering, since you didn't mention it in detail in the first post.

Did you include honeyvillain 2.5 kernel?

Last edited:

themono

Sep 15, 2010
ROM is working very well here, thank you for the effort you've put in.

I decided to be a bit cheeky and see if it would work upgrading from HoneyVillain (3.1 Acer base) without a data wipe, and it worked fine. If I come across any issues though I'll be sure to wipe before complaining.

mantrajt

May 3, 2009
Downloading......seems very interesting specially the fix of the portrait mode....:)

Thanks

Enviado desde mi A500 usando XDA Premium App

themono

Sep 15, 2010
First feedback - will it work with Richardtrip's stock 2.5 kernel without your modifications? And if not - could you enable overclocking in your kernel? You've got it set to a maximum of 1ghz it seems.

estate

Oct 2, 2007
how is the audio laud in this rom..? i like the acer one for the good audio...
thanx

dr1337

Mar 27, 2010
Melbourne
First feedback - will it work with Richardtrip's stock 2.5 kernel without your modifications? And if not - could you enable overclocking in your kernel? You've got it set to a maximum of 1ghz it seems.

It won't work on the stock kernel. I made a mistake earlier and left out the over clocking function. I'm currently rebuilding the kernel and preparing a patch to enable overclocking.

To fully comply with GPL stuff, I will be forking the HoneyVillain kernel source sometime later this week. I have yet to figure out the subtleties of github.

Reactions: themono

c0llal0

Sep 9, 2010
Leerstetten
OnePlus 6
@dr1337
just flashed ... seems to be most stable 3.2 for now ...
will try some apps and stuff to see if it will be still stable ;)
well ...
i have one request: can u offer a patch to bring back german language?

cj03ct

Nov 8, 2007
Google Account Sign-In

I keep getting a 'Google Account sign-in failure' when I try to set up my gmail account. I've performed a full wipe and initially I flashed the rom and then I immediately flashed the oc patch. On the second attempt I wiped again and just installed the rom and both times I get the same error. Any help would be great!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Minimalist 3.2.1 ROM.

Built on custom modified Tiamat Xoom 2.1 ROM and HoneyVillain 2.5 kernel. No screenshots available. Just imagine or look up what the Xoom's UI looks like.

Download the ROM here.

Instead of doing a mega-patch, I've just decided to upload the numerous enhancements and fixes as an entire new ROM.

Kernel sources will be available here - https://github.com/anarchron/Iconia_a500_3.1
    Stock Xoom 3.2 with modified HoneyVillain kernel.

It won't work on the stock kernel. I made a mistake earlier and left out the over clocking function. I'm currently rebuilding the kernel and preparing a patch to enable overclocking.

To fully comply with GPL stuff, I will be forking the HoneyVillain kernel source sometime later this week. I have yet to figure out the subtleties of github.

Patch for that is now available.
    Backing up now.

Gonna take a look.

My thanks button don't work anymore :(

But thanks :)