Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
[ROM][6/7/14] - CleanROM 8.2 -★| Clean! | Smooth! | Stable! | No Gimmicks! |★-

CR8-CE.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience, demand performance and expect stability!
  • CleanROM is based on the latest Verizon released Jellybean 4.3 Base and is De-Odex!
  • CleanROM can only be flashed on an unlocked device and should be flashable on SafeStrap
  • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
  • CleanROM is designed with a purpose in mind; Be Fast, Be Smooth, Be Stable, Be CLEAN!

features.png

• Formerly known as Ultra Lite Edition
  • Extreme Debloated - Most all Samsung and Verizon Apps Gone (See Post 2)!
  • Added Extra Toggles
  • Advanced Reboot Menu
  • Recompiled Stock Kernel for unlocked devices
  • Free Tether for all!
  • Black Status Bar
  • Extra Ringtones From Nexus 5
  • De-Odexed with Performance and Battery Optimizations!
  • Extended Reboot Menu!
  • Full init.d support!
  • TRIM on reboot
  • The Speed and Stability you have come to expect!

changes.png

Version 8.2 Core Edition - 6/7/2014
  • MD5: 840D621AE28D72E73074422871203421
  • Added: TRIM invoke script. ROM will invoke TRIM during install and each device reboot.
  • Added: Optimized File system mount routines
  • Added: Missing S-Voice
  • Updated: Multiple Apps and Busbox binary
  • All new post start HERE!

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp or safe strap
  • Copy ROM to storage
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Recommend wiping data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot to System
  • Profit!

HERE!
MOD EDIT: Download link removed with OP's permission.

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Unlike some developers I dont ask for anyone to purchase anything on the Play Store to complete the ROM so your donations are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

usefull.png

1. Please note, if you flash anything not put out by me you waive your right to support. This includes any mods, themes and or kernels. Every bug report on this ROM has been related to someone elses theme or morph program. If you have any issues with the ROM at all please wipe all data and re-install after checking MD5 and try to reproduce. If you can reproduce it on a clean flash then let me know.
  2. If you flashing with Philz Recovery and are getting an error 7 see this note HERE about that specific recovery.
  3. If you dont see all the toggles right away go to the toggles menu and press the reset button
  4. Big thanks to Prdog1 and his peeps for letting me kang the toggles!

Last edited:

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
This is running awesomely, from the rezound to the s3, i am always super impressed with this guy.

Thanks Scott

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Scott

twolfekc

Aug 24, 2011
Kansas City
Scott your roms from the HTC one x were incredible. Never thought to see you in this forum since its a completely different phone and carrier. Regardless... You literally are the s*** keep up the awesome work!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Scott

This is running awesomely, from the rezound to the s3, i am always super impressed with this guy.

Thanks Scott

Thanks man!

+1!!

Thank you too!

Do you have a GS3 VZW Scott?

Sure do!

Scott your roms from the HTC one x were incredible. Never thought to see you in this forum since its a completely different phone and carrier. Regardless... You literally are the s*** keep up the awesome work!!!

Yeah, for personal reasons I had to leave AT&T. So I cam back to VZW because the cost savings benefit was amazing. Then the guys on the HOX donated money so I wouldnt not have to sell it and pay the term fee. So I will be doing two phones and one tablet right now :highfive:

twolfekc

Aug 24, 2011
Kansas City
Awesome man. Still have the one x I mess around with every now and then. Guess ill have your rom on both phones:) and what tablet do you have?

Scott

platinumyahoo

May 15, 2009
Yay another rom popped up for the VZW GS3! I want to try it out but i like the 4x5 homescreen in synergy rom. Can you implement it in your next update? Also would you say the performance or battery life is better than synergy 1.7? Im running Imoseyon 0.1 and its running good.

Last edited:
Reactions: gregs126

Jdella681

Sep 23, 2010
I've only used your ROM's when I had my rezound and excited to see where this goes! I'm gonna hold off for a few more builds until the bugs get worked out ;) I gave you a thanks anyway cuz I know this is gonna be awesome !

Scott

Yay another rom popped up for the VZW GS3! I want to try it out but i like the 4x5 homescreen in synergy rom. Can you implement it in your next update? Also would you say the performance or battery life is better than synergy 1.7? Im running Imoseyon 0.1 and its running good.

I have never ran Synergy ROM. You will have to compare that on your own.

I've only used your ROM's when I had my rezound and excited to see where this goes! I'm gonna hold off for a few more builds until the bugs get worked out ;) I gave you a thanks anyway cuz I know this is gonna be awesome !

Your going to be waiting a long time because there are no bugs to be worked out :victory:

Excessiveidling

Jul 14, 2010
could you by chance list/post what all you DID debloat? How clean is it? Backup assistant gone? All those samsung apps gone? Just curious as to app wise how debloated it is compared to other roms.

Scott

could you by chance list/post what all you DID debloat? How clean is it? Backup assistant gone? All those samsung apps gone? Just curious as to app wise how debloated it is compared to other roms.

Its easier to list what is in it...

S-Voice and Back up Assistant. Everything else is gone.

I'll try to get a list later today.

EDIT: Hotspot and Voicemail is in there too!

adclem

Jan 27, 2009
Does this have the dumbed down version of Google search??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][6/7/14] - CleanROM 8.2 -★| Clean! | Smooth! | Stable! | No Gimmicks! |★-

CR8-CE.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest Verizon released Jellybean 4.3 Base and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM can only be flashed on an unlocked device and should be flashable on SafeStrap
    • CleanROM is designed with a purpose in mind; Be Fast, Be Smooth, Be Stable, Be CLEAN!

features.png

• Formerly known as Ultra Lite Edition
    • Extreme Debloated - Most all Samsung and Verizon Apps Gone (See Post 2)!
    • Added Extra Toggles
    • Advanced Reboot Menu
    • Recompiled Stock Kernel for unlocked devices
    • Free Tether for all!
    • Black Status Bar
    • Extra Ringtones From Nexus 5
    • Extended Reboot Menu!
    • Full init.d support!
    • TRIM on reboot
    • The Speed and Stability you have come to expect!

changes.png

Version 8.2 Core Edition - 6/7/2014
    • MD5: 840D621AE28D72E73074422871203421
    • Added: TRIM invoke script. ROM will invoke TRIM during install and each device reboot.
    • Added: Optimized File system mount routines
    • Added: Missing S-Voice
    • Updated: Multiple Apps and Busbox binary
    • All new post start HERE!

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp or safe strap
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Recommend wiping data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

HERE!
    MOD EDIT: Download link removed with OP's permission.

Unlike some developers I dont ask for anyone to purchase anything on the Play Store to complete the ROM so your donations are greatly appreciated!
    usefull.png

1. Please note, if you flash anything not put out by me you waive your right to support. This includes any mods, themes and or kernels. Every bug report on this ROM has been related to someone elses theme or morph program. If you have any issues with the ROM at all please wipe all data and re-install after checking MD5 and try to reproduce. If you can reproduce it on a clean flash then let me know.
    2. If you flashing with Philz Recovery and are getting an error 7 see this note HERE about that specific recovery.
    3. If you dont see all the toggles right away go to the toggles menu and press the reset button
    4. Big thanks to Prdog1 and his peeps for letting me kang the toggles!
    I am very proud to announce the immediately availability of CleanROM Seven!

CR-7-SGS3.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience with the ability to choose the features and functions they want, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest Verizon released VRBMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Base and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM can only be flashed on an unlocked device!
    • All Apps up to date as 7/7/2013

features.png

• Complete Aroma Installer! Build your own ROM the way YOU want it!
      • Boot Animation Type: Custom or Samsung Stock
      • Status Bar Style: Lidroid Toggles or Stock Toggles
      • Choose Launchers: Touchwiz Launcher, Touchwiz Launcher 5x4 Layout, Touchwiz Launcher 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
      • Choose File Managers: ES File Manager, Stock My Files, None
      • Choose Google Apps: Play Store, GMail, Google Now / Search, Maps and Streets, Talk, Voice, Play Music, Google News and Weather
      • Choose Samsung Apps: All Share, Kies, Media Hub, Mobile Print, S Memo, S Suggest, S Voice, Cloud, Pop Up Browser, Photo Editor, Paper Artist
      • Choose Misc Apps:Multi Window Manager, Ad-Away, Polaris Office Viewer, VPN Client, DropBox, Android Terminal Emulator, Adobe Flash
    • Standard Features
    • Android 4.3 Boot Animation and Sounds
    • Extended Reboot Menu!
    • No Ongoing WiFi Notification in Statusbar
    • Full init.d support!
    • Zip Align on boot!
    • Full Boot Animation Support!
    • Additional Fonts!

changes.png

Version 7.0 - 7/7/2013
    • Rebuilt: Complete Rebuild on the Verizon VRBMF1 Multi-Window Base!
    • Added: Ability to choose boot animation type (Samsung or Custom)
    • Added: Google Keyboard
    • Added: Multi Window Manager
    • Added: Android 4.3 Boot Animation and Sounds
    • Updated: All Apps that required it
    • Removed: Google Calendar and Ears (You can get them in the play store)

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected!

I present to you the best ROM I have produced to date for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3.

This ROM represents hundreds of man hours of development AND support !

I truly hope you find this ROM as enjoyable during its usage as I did building it!

As always...

Enjoy and hit Thanks if you like it and hit Donate if you Love it! ;c)

-Scott
    CleanROM 5 is here! Happy Thanksgiving!

CR5.0-SGS3.png

changes.png

Version 5.0 - 11/22/2012
    • Updated: Complete rebuild on VRALK1 Leak!
    • Updated: All appropriate apps!
    • No other changes!
    • Thread continues HERE! You can skip there with out reading the first 8,000,000 posts to get to the new posts.

Donations are gladly accepted! :)

Please dont flash and drive!

If you like this ROM hit Thanks! If you love it hit Donate :highfive:

-Scott
    CleanROM 5.6 is out!
    CR5.0-SGS3.png

changes.png

Version 5.6 - 1/13/2013
    • Changed: Tweaks to (possibly) allow better battery and less issues with media / heat !
    • Removed: gsiff_daemon in hopes of improving battery!
    • Added: 5x4 TouchWiz layout as option during install!
    • Added: Samsung Photo Editor as option during install!
    • Updated: Resizable PopUp Browser as option during install!
    • Updated: Apex Launcher, Play Store, DropBox, ES File Explorer, Maps, Google Now, Kies, Nova Launcher, Terminal Emulator, Google Core Services!

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected!

This is a monthly maintenance release. I plan on doing monthly releases until something new comes down the pipe.

If you flash this ROM and then any MOD OR KERNEL not included in the ROM and have problems you will need to wipe clean and start over before posting a bug.

As always...

Dont flash and drive! ;)

Hope you enjoy!

-Scott