[Q] Ion - no fastboot, no blue light

Search This thread

elislider

May 4, 2012
I picked up an Ion the other day and I'm trying to put CM9 on it.
However, I cannot for the life of me get fastboot mode to work.

Flash mode works fine (turn off, hold Volume Down and plug in USB). I just flashed the generic/international firmware with Flashtool.
However, if I do Volume Up + plug USB, I get the sony logo, then the charge icon. I have never once seen a blue LED on boot while trying to do this.

What am I doing wrong?

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012

Flash mode works fine (turn off, hold Volume Down and plug in USB). I just flashed the generic/international firmware with Flashtool.
However, if I do Volume Up + plug USB, I get the sony logo, then the charge icon. I have never once seen a blue LED on boot while trying to do this.

What am I doing wrong?

Not providing enough info about the type of ion? Not all ions are able to have their bootloaders unlocked read the forums before you ask or you wont last along here

Sent from my LT28at using xda app-developers app

papacarla

Mar 21, 2012
Irkutsk

What am I doing wrong?

type on the phone keypad *#*#7378423#*#* then choose Service info\Configuration. If you see there "bootloader unlock allowed:No" then you don't have a fastboot mode because your BL cannot be unlocked

elislider

May 4, 2012
type on the phone keypad *#*#7378423#*#* then choose Service info\Configuration. If you see there "bootloader unlock allowed:No" then you don't have a fastboot mode because your BL cannot be unlocked

Oh! well that explains it then. In all my research I didnt see that mentioned anywhere. I have the LT28at model.
Thank you for clarifying that

Does this mean I have no options for cyanogenmod? or is there a way around the locked bootloader

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator