No longer able to decompile/recompile Framework-res.apk

Search This thread

PhilipL

Jun 2, 2007
Hi

I've successfully used APK Manager 5.0.2 to decompile and recompile the Framework-res.apk many times, however this is no longer working with KitKat 4.4.

I get an error when I recompile of, "Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19,"

If I try with an apk from Android 4.3 it works successfully.

What do I need to update/change to successfully recompile the framework?

Regards

Phil

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Hi

I've successfully used APK Manager 5.0.2 to decompile and recompile the Framework-res.apk many times, however this is no longer working with KitKat 4.4.

I get an error when I recompile of, "Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19,"

If I try with an apk from Android 4.3 it works successfully.

What do I need to update/change to successfully recompile the framework?

Regards

Phil

that means that google packaged the framework with missing parts, search for ways to fix compiling framework-res on 4.4

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
that means that google packaged the framework with missing parts, search for ways to fix compiling framework-res on 4.4
""Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19,""
Just means update the aapt binary. Either update your sdk or find a 4.4 aapt binary and replace the 4.3 one you have in your path

Reactions: Simba501

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ""Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19,""
    Just means update the aapt binary. Either update your sdk or find a 4.4 aapt binary and replace the 4.3 one you have in your path