[Q] Soft bricked i9505

Search This thread

LeytC13

Jan 18, 2014
I tried flashing Omega ROM v21 but it kept me stuck on the bootscreen so I tried to reflash my phone with the stock firmware. Whenever I try this it however fails on aboot.mbn. I've read some stuff and it appears to be caused by the fact that OmegaV21 required the new bootloader and you are unable to flash to an older firmware than the bootloader. Is there a way to flash the old bootloader or flash a ROM via Odin that uses the new bootloader?

Phone: Galaxy S i9505
Carrier: Tele 2

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I tried flashing Omega ROM v21 but it kept me stuck on the bootscreen so I tried to reflash my phone with the stock firmware. Whenever I try this it however fails on aboot.mbn. I've read some stuff and it appears to be caused by the fact that OmegaV21 required the new bootloader and you are unable to flash to an older firmware than the bootloader. Is there a way to flash the old bootloader or flash a ROM via Odin that uses the new bootloader?

Phone: Galaxy S i9505
Carrier: Tele 2
If u had new bootloader with OmegaV21 you cant come back to one older bootloader.
- Reboot in Recovery
- Wipe all (factory reset, data, system, cache, dalvik cache)
- Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE
- Open Odin in ur pc
- Unrar and flash this FILE
- Wait till the process finish :)

LeytC13

Jan 18, 2014
If u had new bootloader with OmegaV21 you cant come back to one older bootloader.
- Reboot in Recovery
- Open Odin in ur pc

That's the problem, I have that file and it won't flash it. It stops on aboot.mbn.

LeytC13

Jan 18, 2014
You have to unzip and use this .PIT file and flashing it by ODIN with the firmware

Still does not work. Have tried Odin 3.07 and 1.85. Whenever I add the .tar to 3.07 it gets stuck on "Leave CS...". If I flash it it gets stuck on aboot.mbn. Same goes for 1.85 but this doesn't give me the Leave CS message. Afaik you only need to have AutoReboot ticked on right?

Download mode says:

START (224, 1440)
SV REV, CHECK FAIL : fused : 4, Binary : 3

Last edited:

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Still does not work. Have tried Odin 3.07 and 1.85. Whenever I add the .tar to 3.07 it gets stuck on "Leave CS...". If I flash it it gets stuck on aboot.mbn. Same goes for 1.85 but this doesn't give me the Leave CS message. Afaik you only need to have AutoReboot ticked on right?

Download mode says:

START (224, 1440)
SV REV, CHECK FAIL : fused : 4, Binary : 3
Why u didnt start ur thread telling this about DOWNLOAD MODE? You will have to get it to repair in one service center :(

LeytC13

Jan 18, 2014
Why u didnt start ur thread telling this about DOWNLOAD MODE? You will have to get it to repair in one service center :(

Think I'm better off taking it to a service center or just dropping my phone so it's broken and call up insurance? KNOX is 0x1 so I don't know if they'll repair it at a service center or are able to.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Think I'm better off taking it to a service center or just dropping my phone so it's broken and call up insurance? KNOX is 0x1 so I don't know if they'll repair it at a service center or are able to.
In some countries they dont care about Knox 0x1, u will have to be informed about :)

Joery1983

Jan 1, 2014
If you have the new Bootloader you'll have to flash Samsung latest 4.4.2 firmware using odin 3.09. If you want I can provide you a download link on pm

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

- Reboot in Recovery
- Open Odin in ur pc
- Unrar and flash this FILE
- Wait till the process finish :)

The link you provided is MKF and yes this is the last firmware release for Holland but it still uses the 4.3 Bootloader since its 4.3 firmware. That's the reason it gets stuck during flashing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk