[HOWTO]Fix TX's inverted screen caused by cross-flashing(PERMANENT)

Search This thread

khanh2411

Jun 14, 2014
tks very much arctic02!!!
sorry for my english!
My phone had return normal!
1. flash Xperia_TX_9.1.B.1.67_HK.ftf
2. flash kernel from TX-1.7GHz-Visk-03 in fastboot
3. flash cwm TX-1.7GHz-Visk-03.zip from recovery.
4. flash again kernel from TX-1.7GHz-Visk-03.
tks u again................arctic02!!!
and you can flash any 4.3 rom after that?

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Last edited:
W

WafiAzmiHartono

So this is not going to work with AOSP ROM? I just need clarification here, thanks

Silverdace

Aug 8, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Amazfit
It perfectly works, only that a different kernel, I have used before making the procedure, DoomKernel V6. The screen he was reversed after flashing the rom UniQu 3 with the update 1.1
Sorry for my bad english...

Hi, can you explain how to make it work on xperia v.

I have no MDX result on dmesg

adb shell

dmesg | grep "panel"
<6>[ 0.868396] default panel: mipi_sharp_panel
<6>[ 0.868609] setting pdata->panel_info.fb_num to 3. type: 8
<6>[ 0.914024] mdp_probe: panel_detect function
<6>[ 0.971310] mipi_renesas_r63306 mipi_renesas_r63306.0: found panel vendor: mipi_sharp_panel
<6>[ 0.971738] mipi_renesas_r63306 mipi_renesas_r63306.0: found panel: mipi_video_sharp_wxga_ls043k3sx04
<3>[ 1.324523] msm_fb_detect_panel: comparing name=hdmi_msm with mipi_video_renesas_fwvga
<6>[ 1.326171] setting pdata->panel_info.fb_num to 1. type: 7
<6>[ 1.327300] mdp_probe: panel_detect function
<6>[ 1.327514] mdp_probe: no panel_detect function
<6>[ 1.331023] setting pdata->panel_info.fb_num to 1. type: 10
<6>[ 1.332763] mdp_probe: panel_detect function
<6>[ 1.332977] mdp_probe: no panel_detect function

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK finally there is a permanent solution for this problem.But this method is still under test.I will not be responsible for anything damaged.You choose whether to try it.

1.Download the kernel(c_rtest.elf) and unzip & flash it. We don't need to boot the whole system so no special Android system is required.
    2.When the amber light shows up, press Vol+ or Vol- to enter Recovery.
    3.Open a terminal and launch "adb shell" on your computer.
    4.Type in adb shell
    Code:
    dmesg | grep "panel"
    5.Check if the response contains the string "mdx80"
    6.------If there is no such text,please post the response here , stop immediately,and flash back to previous kernel.(but if you find ACX... in the response,please do not post.That's Screen type B and I don't own such a device. Sorry...)
    ------If there is "mdx80",just go ahead.
    7.Type
    Code:
    mkdir d
    mount -t debugfs none /d
    cd /d/msm_fb/mipi_r63306
    echo 1 > break_nvm
    (The screen will go blank.That's normal.Don't be stressed.)
    echo 1 > recover_nvm
    (The screen should be working now)
    -----If you see "mkdir failed: d already exists",just skip the "mkdir d" and "mount" commands(first 2 lines) and go on.
    8.Flash the ROM you want to use IMMEDIATELY after the screen starts to work. Just don't stick with this experimental kernel.

Then you should have working screen on your TX~You can enjoy the leaked 4.3 now~

========================================================
    WHY IT WORKS
    As the old post said,we can gather correct register data from a normal screen and write back to the problem ones.Here is the data I collected:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2607323
    Thanks Sakilia,you are our phone's lifesaver!
    And I did a comparison between the dumped data and my own,finding that only a few registers were changed.I checked the interfaces provided by the screen driver and found several ways to write the differences to screen.I tried them all but only one way,which is like the previous corruption process,really worked.
    After the data was written into the screen,everything looks nice except the color(what a mess!).It was caused by the incomplete data dump.However,after reading something about register operation,I found that hex commands in MDW30 driver and MDX80 driver were just the in the same format (register number + data)and there are several registers used to store color correction data.So in no time did I find the missing parts and wrote them into my screen.Finally the screen works as before!

Old post:

========================================================
    This morning I wanted to find a zImage that could boot 9.2.A.0.278 LT30p leaked firmware on my LT29i.Among the zImages I have,there is one extracted from LT30p CM10.2.But I didn't remember it and flashed it on my phone.Then the terrible "inverted screen" came...

After ~5hrs researching,I found that after cross-flashing,the panel was recognized as MDX80 instead of the correct MDW30_1e.
    Maybe RECOVER_PANEL config caused this...The 30p kernel found there was a panel but it couldn't recognize it,so the kernel thought the panel was corrupt and executed the recovering process,after which our MDW30 was overwritten with MDX80 register data.But MDX80 driver fails to initialize the panel with commands required by MDW30 so the panel displays thing upside down...

I think that now that it loads MDX80 driver,why can't we add MDW30 init commands to the MDX80 driver?And there comes the key!
    I just copied init_cmds and on_cmds from mdw30.c and replaced the ones in mdx80.c.It works!

And here is my work:
    1.Download the attached MDX80 driver.
    2.Make a backup of (kernel root dir)/drivers/video/msm/mipi_r63306_panels/mipi_tmd_mdx80.c
    3.Extract the zip file to drivers/video/msm/mipi_r63306_panels/ and overwrite the original mdx80.c.
    4.Modify your kernel config CONFIG_FB_MSM_MIPI_R63306_PANEL_TMD_MDX80=y
    5.Compile the kernel and pack it with ramdisk.Then just flash it.

There are some "unused" warnings in the file,but it does finish the compiling and work.

That should do with "Touch Firmware version C" devices.:victory:

As for the color correction:
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/mipi_dsi.524288/eco_mode
    echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/mipi_dsi.524288/eco_mode
    Don't forget about the space after 1 or 0 !

A little bug:screen gamma correction and ECO MODE aren't working properly.The color is a bit different from stock kernel.

There is another way:dump the correct register values from a normal TX and write our own NV Recover data using CONFIG_FB_MSM_RECOVER_PANEL.
    But I don't know how to dump data.Anyone can help?So that we won't have to re-compile the kernel every time we flash a new firmware...

Added v2:Changed cabc_user_param to MDW30's

=======================================================

If you use my work,please give proper credits.Thanks!
    Good job! Nice to see you here.I will make a stock kernel with this fix when I get time
    This morning I wanted to find a zImage that could boot 9.2.A.0.278 LT30p leaked firmware on my LT29i.Among the zImages I have,there is one extracted from LT30p CM10.2.But I didn't remember it and flashed it on my phone.Then the terrible "inverted screen" came...

After ~5hrs researching,I found that after cross-flashing,the panel was recognized as MDX80 instead of the correct MDW30_1e.
    Maybe RECOVER_PANEL config caused this...The 30p kernel found there was a panel but it couldn't recognize it,so the kernel thought the panel was corrupt and executed the recovering process,after which our MDW30 was overwritten with MDX80 register data.But MDX80 driver fails to initialize the panel with commands required by MDW30 so the panel displays thing upside down...

I think that now that it loads MDX80 driver,why can't we add MDW30 init commands to the MDX80 driver?And there comes the key!
    I just copied init_cmds and on_cmds from mdw30.c and replaced the ones in mdx80.c.It works!

And here is my work:

That should do with "Touch Firmware version C" devices.:victory:

A little bug:screen gamma correction and ECO MODE aren't working properly.The color is a bit different from stock kernel.

There is another way:dump the correct register values from a normal TX and write our own NV Recover data using CONFIG_FB_MSM_RECOVER_PANEL.
    But I don't know how to dump data.Anyone can help?So that we won't have to re-compile the kernel every time we flash a new firmware...

bro i evn cross flahed xperia t 4.3 rom with kernel and got inverted screen. even in recovery . got the problem when i flahed t kernel infact. so can you please tell me where to replace the file exactly. i dont understant the above dir. i tried manually searching for the file with root explorer but dint find it
    ok is there any way to fix the camera problem?? i used a method and it was not inverted any more however the camera dont focus :/

You may share your method with other T owners and work together to solve the problem. I don't own a T so I cannot support this.