Acer A500 Port Plans?

Search This thread

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
read this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1499786

and then, please, don't continue this thread any further. The W8 forums are getting seriously filled with "will my non-windows ARM device get a hacked version of W8" and the answer is the same every time, and will continue to be the same, ever single time.

Dude, chill out. It was a question. Other posts of yours come off as very snippy towards the person asking the question.

mtmerrick

Jan 29, 2011
Merced/San Diego
Dude, chill out. It was a question. Other posts of yours come off as very snippy towards the person asking the question.

Sorry, i just get kinda fed up when the same question gets asked again and again and again and again, more noobish every time. I used to mod a forum on a different site, i hate having to deal with duplicate threads, and noobs with one post spanning up subsections.....

i always try to help out the noobs, after all, we all used to be one, didn't we? but sometimes there's just no excuse, and this is one of those cases. this question has been answered in about half the threads on the first page of both W8 forums on XDA, and several times in other device forums. there were 2 W8 a500 posts in the a500 section last time i was there. When i saw this thread, there was an almost identical question directly bleow it!

I don't mean to sound snippy, but my tolerance for ignorance and stupidity has been being chewed up more than usual lately. Sorry for any offence i caused, it wasn't meant.

EDIT: i'm not calling anyone stupid!!! i'm just saying, some people's actions can seem stupid to me. No offence intended to anyone! I'd just expect someone who's been here a while to know to look for similar threads first.......

Last edited:

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
Sorry, i just get kinda fed up when the same question gets asked again and again and again and again, more noobish every time. I used to mod a forum on a different site, i hate having to deal with duplicate threads, and noobs with one post spanning up subsections.....

i always try to help out the noobs, after all, we all used to be one, didn't we? but sometimes there's just no excuse, and this is one of those cases. this question has been answered in about half the threads on the first page of both W8 forums on XDA, and several times in other device forums. there were 2 W8 a500 posts in the a500 section last time i was there. When i saw this thread, there was an almost identical question directly bleow it!

I don't mean to sound snippy, but my tolerance for ignorance and stupidity has been being chewed up more than usual lately. Sorry for any offence i caused, it wasn't meant.

Pretty sure the Transformer is different hardware than the A500. If you have a problem with a post, please report it instead of playing internet cop.

Also, lots of people here have been mods on other forums. They don't go around doing this.

Actual mods, just close this please.

mtmerrick

Jan 29, 2011
Merced/San Diego
See my edit above. was written as you were posting.

And the transformer hardware is actually very similar to the a500, that's why software ports are so easy.

But yes, i agree, this should be closed.....

carpenterethan

Nov 12, 2010
See my edit above. was written as you were posting.

And the transformer hardware is actually very similar to the a500, that's why software ports are so easy.

But yes, i agree, this should be closed.....

I disagree. I want to see a barrage of zombie devs who aren't set on flaming anyone who would like to see Windows 8 work on any ARM processor. XBOX said their new 360 was unhaxZ0rable. Low and behold http://x360key.com/

If these people can crack MICROSOFT's box o love to this extent, then I feel anything can be done. I'm not saying I personally can do it. OR anyone I personally know. I'm saying, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. It just takes the right minds of brilliance to find a work around or a 'hack'. Even if these tablets have to be J-tagged, I think it is possible....

My four cents.

Thoughts?

PS. Not to mention all of the numerous hackers on the internet destroying Infastructor Security for FUN. Ever heard of the group Anonymous or the hacker The Jester? I suggest you flameboys do some research before you claim the impossible. I'm not bashing you guys for being disgruntled about n00bs over posting the as-of-yet obvious, but open your mind a little...

chrisd1a1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 7, 2007
leeds
this is a general question that is relevant to multiple devices. it's relevant but doesn't need to be brought up repeatedly.

when it's possible to port xda is likely to be the place you'll know