Storage case

Search This thread

Beanstine32

Oct 29, 2012
Is there a case that when you put it on you phone it acts as a external storage area or a removable sd card that expands your storage on you phone?

nerk69

Mar 21, 2011
Only think i can think of is to use an OTG cable with a USB flash drive. Not sure if it will work that way you want though.

Megadoug13

Dec 17, 2012
Canajoharie, NY
OnePlus 6T
You mean like so it works with pogo pins? That'd be AWESOME!!!! I'm thinking there are so much possibilities with gjese pogo pins.... We can have so many more additions to our phone :) that's why I love android phones... So creative, other than iPhone. All they have going for them are hipsters and a clean interface.... And mustaches... Lol

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

CaptainBromo

Jan 7, 2013
Maybe

So I saw this and it got me thinking.

No, it has not been made yet. But, it would be thooper easy (except it's actually not) to DIY!
Instructions (alpha stage?):
1: Get thin case, w/ no covers for headphones/charing port
2: Put an extra layer on case
3: Get Thumb drive+USB OTG cable
a: Take casing off USB
b: Put m/board + other stuff in the extra layer of the case
-Optional: if you dont like fancy lights, remove it from the usb
c: attach Thumb drive USB to USB OTG
4: Stick the male part of the OTG in the charging hole of the original case (preferably solder it so it stays)
5: ?????
6: Profit! (literally)

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

Megadoug13

Dec 17, 2012
Canajoharie, NY
OnePlus 6T
So I saw this and it got me thinking.

No, it has not been made yet. But, it would be thooper easy (except it's actually not) to DIY!
Instructions (alpha stage?):
1: Get thin case, w/ no covers for headphones/charing port
2: Put an extra layer on case
3: Get Thumb drive+USB OTG cable
a: Take casing off USB
b: Put m/board + other stuff in the extra layer of the case
-Optional: if you dont like fancy lights, remove it from the usb
c: attach Thumb drive USB to USB OTG
4: Stick the male part of the OTG in the charging hole of the original case (preferably solder it so it stays)
5: ?????
6: Profit! (literally)

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Okay there are more solutions.... If you're working with pogo pins why not just get a 32 gb sdcard... That would be more convenient and then making the case a lit thinner... Reason why HTC won't make these cases is because they want you to buy the more expensive phones. And 3rd party suppliers obviously are having issues :/ and besides this phone is old news... The HTC One comes out soon and thats gonna be the best lol ima get it too :p

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts