[Q] Windows will not recognize Note 3 anymore, help please!

Search This thread

pmt223

May 1, 2013
Kingston, NY
Hey guys,
Just recently, my PC and any other PC Ive tried for that matter will not recognize my Note 3. I had Windows 7 and it worked fine for months, then just the other day it came up on the bottom as USB Device Not Recognized, and no matter what I do it will not do so. Yesterday, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and still the same result. I have installed Kies 3, uninstalled and resintalled Samsung drivers and still nothing. I am running a custom rom in the stock slot using Safestrap...is it possible that that might have messed up something? Even when the cord is plugged into the PC, the phone doesnt come up with anything notification that it's plugged in, but it does say it is charging. If any of you have any tips or something please help because I am at my wits end.

Thanks

pmt223

May 1, 2013
Kingston, NY
Have you tried with another cord?

Computer doesn't see device... Device doesn't detect plug in... Sounds like a bad USB cord

Yes, actually I have and still nothing...forgot to mention that in the original post.

It's a strange problem which leads me to believe that something has gone wrong in the phone, or that I caused something to go wrong by flashing a rom or three, since it did work previously. Unfortunately, I'm at status: Custom, although my Knox is 0x0.

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
Can't help you solve your problem, but last night I had a hiccup where I plugged my (17 day old) N3 into my computer in a USB2 port and ... nothing at all. (As if it were electrically disconnected - no "unknown devices" showing)

Tried it in a different USB2 port, and ... nothing.

Tried in in a USB 3.0 port - same computer, same OEM cord - and everything was fine. As far as I knew, nothing had changed on either end of things, although the previous evening I had used a different OTG cable for a USB key with the phone, and I had also had a automatic update of the Samsung Push Service on the phone. Nothing had been plugged into the PC's usb ports since it's prior cold boot. (Win 7 x64 Pro).

This morning (both PC and phone have been rebooted), everything is back to normal - both on the phone and the PC. Both the USB2 and USB3 ports all seem fine.

Ugh. Makes me nervous - brand new hardware.

Krazie316

Dec 18, 2009
Boot into Odin mode THEN plug the device in, let windows find the drivers for it then once that's done, reboot the phone regularly and see if it works then. It appears to be an issue with most to ALL Samsung devices, but this worked for my wife's galaxy S3 when the computer wouldn't recognize it and the phone didn't detect a PC connection.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

ricardo2256

Jun 2, 2014
Hey guys,
Just recently, my PC and any other PC Ive tried for that matter will not recognize my Note 3. I had Windows 7 and it worked fine for months, then just the other day it came up on the bottom as USB Device Not Recognized, and no matter what I do it will not do so. Yesterday, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and still the same result. I have installed Kies 3, uninstalled and resintalled Samsung drivers and still nothing. I am running a custom rom in the stock slot using Safestrap...is it possible that that might have messed up something? Even when the cord is plugged into the PC, the phone doesnt come up with anything notification that it's plugged in, but it does say it is charging. If any of you have any tips or something please help because I am at my wits end.

Thanks

Did you fix this problem?

laserbiz

Mar 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I too have been struggling with this problem. The is no USB symbol in the notifications area on my phone whether I plug into to my computer at work (Win7) or at home (Win7), using a usb3 cable or a usb2 cable. Its as if there was a setting on my phone that allows recognition when plugged into a computer that has been turned off.Is there such a setting? I would love some help on this as well. Thanks in advance! I am rooted with towel root and have had no problems until last week. When I look in the device manager on my computer it shows :

SAMSUNG Android Phone
SAMSUNG Android ADB interface

I tried uninstalling the above and then plugging my phone back in and it re-installs the same driver shown above.

For what it is worth here are the drivers for SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface:

c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\winusbsys
c:\windows\system32\WdfCoinstaller01007.dll
c:\windows\system32\WinUSBCoinstaller.dll

Should I be using different drivers ? Thanks|!

Last edited:

azteka88

Oct 18, 2012
please help!

any solution yet? i have same problem, no usb detection and camera wont work i want to flash stock rom whit odin but i cant get the computer to recognize my phone... :(

laserbiz

Mar 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I was able to fix the usb recognition problem. i had to do a factory restore. I lost root but gained usb recognition AND the Over the Air update to 4.4.4 and patiently awaiting the update to 5.0 hopefully this month!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Boot into Odin mode THEN plug the device in, let windows find the drivers for it then once that's done, reboot the phone regularly and see if it works then. It appears to be an issue with most to ALL Samsung devices, but this worked for my wife's galaxy S3 when the computer wouldn't recognize it and the phone didn't detect a PC connection.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app