G2 Family.

Search This thread

Cyoptix

Mar 21, 2013
Took me 2 months but I convinced my wife and my 15 year old that the G2 was the way to go. So there are now 3 of them in our house now lol.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kuwari316

Cyoptix

Mar 21, 2013
I have been trying to talk my wife into getting one. I need to get her away from ios since I'm her tech support. That os drives my crazy.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Ya I hate everything Apple lol. That's what my family used also until recently. It's an adjustment for them coming off ios but for the better for sure.

Reactions: jayochs and jao36

Cyoptix

Mar 21, 2013
It's hard to convince people away from Apple and Samsung. Can't understand how people can't like the G2...although it's not perfect, it's pure amazing.

Sent from my JEE TWO

Ya only way I'll trade this out will be for the G3. Rumored 8 core processor and 3 gig ram. I'm already sold lol. Slightly larger screen also.

Just hope they refine the stock firmware.

robin786

Jan 7, 2011
KL
It's hard to convince people away from Apple and Samsung. Can't understand how people can't like the G2...although it's not perfect, it's pure amazing.

Sent from my JEE TWO

It all comes down to marketing. Samsung did a good job in this & LG didn't. A waste that an amazing phone like this never given a chance to fight.

Sent from my LG-D802

Cyoptix

Mar 21, 2013
It all comes down to marketing. Samsung did a good job in this & LG didn't. A waste that an amazing phone like this never given a chance to fight.

Sent from my LG-D802

Ya I agree with that. But that actually makes the G2 even more of a major contender in my eyes because it's popularity is still growing regardless.

Couple that with Samsung's basically failed watch campanion promotions. And the rumored improvements to come on the G3. And I think LG has the foundation for an epic device long term. As long as they clean up the software.

Cyoptix

Mar 21, 2013

gull_s_777

Dec 22, 2010
Ya only way I'll trade this out will be for the G3. Rumored 8 core processor and 3 gig ram. I'm already sold lol. Slightly larger screen also.
Screen size is already going a little too far. Plz stop asking for bigger screens :)
I wish flagships stop at 5 inch screen and leave the bigger size for phablets.

Reactions: Cyoptix

Cyoptix

Mar 21, 2013
Screen size is already going a little too far. Plz stop asking for bigger screens :)
I wish flagships stop at 5 inch screen and leave the bigger size for phablets.

I agree with that also. The screen is plenty big. If I want a bigger screen I'll just use a 7/10 inch tablet. Bigger screen on a phone just isn't practical in my opinion and intrusive in most cases.

Torethyr

Jul 30, 2011
Miami
My dad has a G Flex and my mom has a Nexus 5 so in a way we're sort of a G2 family.

But then my sister's the black sheep with a Moto X.

tofutown

Nov 21, 2011
Have you tried out the Vutalk feature yet? It seems cool/fun but I don't know anyone else with an LG phone, unfortunately, so I can't test it out myself.

Other than the slippery back, easy-to-scratch screen, mediocre speakers, and lack of cute aftermarket cases, I LOVE the G2. The Knock On feature and battery life are so damn amazing. Every phone should implement Knock On!

I have super high expectations for the G3 after being wowed by so many of the G2's features. The "delightful discoveries" page is great!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

thebehemoth73

Dec 11, 2013
Austin
I have had the G2 since mid December. I gave my wife my old S2 skyrocket and sold a HTC one x I used as well.She loves my g2 and how stable it is..I offered to buy her a Optimus G or G pro off eBay but I can't get her off her skyrocket.She said when she needs another phone she will for sure want a lg because of the UI.

jadebeer

Feb 14, 2014
We bought G2's the day after it launched in Canada. And 1 S4 which is being used as a toy by my youngest. I have a MacBook which I love, and an iPhone 4 which I loved. I was all set on getting the entire family on iPhones by the end of last year. And then the unthinkable happened: at my daughter's request I started looking at Androids. At first I was 100% opposed. But Apple's lacklustre iPhone 5x announcement and their refusal to make a bigger screen phone sold me on Android. And now I would laugh in the face of any offer to switch back to iPhone. The G2 has been the best phone on the market since it came out.

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cyoptix

Mar 21, 2013
Ya family is for sure not regretting switching from iPhone to the G2. I'm just hoping the G3 is going to live up to the rumors or exceed them. I really don't plan on switching phone brands in the future. Or is anyone in our house lol.

Jan 12, 2012

Sent from my LG-D802

My last two phones were Samsung...never again. I went to get my G2 on Friday, the Verizon store was sold out and so were all the stores in the area. The sales rep ( a family friend) just ordered it online for me and should arrive Monday.

$99 for a 32 gig phone with these monster specs? Yes please!

Top Liked Posts