[03/29/2008] PocketCM Keyboard 0.14 - "Free at last"

Search This thread

The FD

May 22, 2007
Quick question here. It may have been answered but I really don't have time to read through 700+ replies.

On the new version, I'm having a problem with the suggestions. If I type in a word and it pops up a suggestion how do I make it NOT switch to it's suggestion. I want to use the word I typed in, not the suggested one but when I hit space it changes to the suggested word instead (and the word I typed is now the suggestion and I have to tap on it to change it back). Short of turning off the suggestion feature completely (which I have to edit the registry to do I believe, correct?) how do I set it so that it doesn't automatically change to the suggested word when I hit space?
Go to options and untick the Enable auto-correction box. No need to edit the registry. ;)

The FD

May 22, 2007
I too has the same issue with 0.10 RC2. After the phone is re-started, the default input reverts back to the original keyboard, not the PCM Keyboard.
This is always the case without doing a registry change! Not recommended to do one as people on this forum have reported problems as this is a time limited program, and removing it without changing back the registry can mean a hard reset is needed. :)

Al66

Sep 11, 2006
Oxfordshire
This is always the case without doing a registry change! Not recommended to do one as people on this forum have reported problems as this is a time limited program, and removing it without changing back the registry can mean a hard reset is needed. :)

Yeah I can vouch for the registry hack breaking your phone ;) learnt that the hard way! The phone won't boot after the reg change, regardless of time limited versions. Hard reset is the only way back.

I too has the same issue with 0.10 RC2. After the phone is re-started, the default input reverts back to the original keyboard, not the PCM Keyboard.

Try SIPChange, its already been mentioned earlier in this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=1467550&highlight=SIPChange#post1467550) - I'm guessing that a "search" didn't uncover that?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=271008

stekkis

Sep 20, 2007
Ok, I have two questions:

Is it nescesary to softreset the phone after installation of the pcmkeyboard?
Is it possible to switch to landscape view with my HTC Touch?

thanks,
S.

tene

Jun 21, 2007
Brussels
Ok, I have two questions:

Is it nescesary to softreset the phone after installation of the pcmkeyboard?

That's the kind of question I'll never understand why people are asking... is it working? yes? so it's not needed, it's not working? well try a soft-reset ;)

Technically the answer is "it depends".

Is it possible to switch to landscape view with my HTC Touch?

yes, on the today screen, go to the program launcher, there should be a button for it... I'm guessing you don't like reading manuals?

freakflow

Aug 23, 2007
Hey, I've been having this problem since yesterday - when I bring up PCM Keyboard a popup window says "This version of pcmKeyboard can't be run after "10/01/2007", but i'm runninng the latest 0.10 version, and tried reinstalling it multiple times...

any ideas?

gogol

May 20, 2005
Use the attached "SIPChange" application. It will change the SIP after soft-reset. It works fine in my HTC Kaiser.

I am running Dutty's Supa Dupa WM6 ROM on my JASJAM.

Attachments

• SIPChange.CAB
    225.9 KB · Views: 59

juiceppc

Nov 22, 2005
Why must each version need to be upgraded to the next to continue using? I'll pay already. I'll pay.

freakflow

Aug 23, 2007
Thanks, I originally changed the SIP but didn't soft reset, or something wierd like that, but it's working now.

Thanks again.

CWKJ

Jul 9, 2006
Singapore
Problem Report.

Landscape Vga.

Attachments

• Screen001.jpg
    Screen001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 151
  • PcmKbL4.jpg
    PcmKbL4.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 98

nonpaq

Jun 8, 2007
NY
Problem Report.

Landscape Vga.

Background picture needs to be resized for VGA landscape (640 px) in the VGA skins in order to display correctly in v.10. The low display of keyboard (half way down bottom bar) is a known issue that Tene is aware of. Note, he does not have a VGA device, so we have to have patience with VGA bug fixes.

Try this thread to get skins that work on v.10. The GOLD standard for VGA skins is TOUCH_VGA by Mr. Grouch. He has updated it for v.10 at the pocketCM phorums. Looks like you are using a pre-v.10 version of Touch_VGA. I dont know why the second picture did not expand the keyboard. Was that v.10?

Last edited:

Blackflip

Jul 29, 2006
fingers

the edge of my Wizards screen is a little high, so it's pretty hard to reach the keys on the edge, is it possible to add some space to both sides? what do i need to change?

CWKJ

Jul 9, 2006
Singapore
Background picture needs to be resized for VGA landscape (640 px) in the VGA skins in order to display correctly in v.10. The low display of keyboard (half way down bottom bar) is a known issue that Tene is aware of. Note, he does not have a VGA device, so we have to have patience with VGA bug fixes.

Try this thread to get skins that work on v.10. The GOLD standard for VGA skins is TOUCH_VGA by Mr. Grouch. He has updated it for v.10 at the pocketCM phorums. Looks like you are using a pre-v.10 version of Touch_VGA. I dont know why the second picture did not expand the keyboard. Was that v.10?
Ok, will try.

The FD

May 22, 2007
I was just thinking about this. Does the keyboard have to be installed on the internal memory? I have mine installed onto the memory card without any problems. Would you strongly advise against using the memory card? And for what reason? I never have the card out of the trinity.

Thanks.

tene

Jun 21, 2007
Brussels
I was just thinking about this. Does the keyboard have to be installed on the internal memory? I have mine installed onto the memory card without any problems. Would you strongly advise against using the memory card? And for what reason? I never have the card out of the trinity.

First of all, I don't have much experience with PDA, I got mine for only 3 months now.

I would advise against for reliability reason: what if you remove your card (one day, it may happen), have configured pcmk as default, and boot your device? does it still work correctly? (note that it could, I dunno).

Other than that, if it works, well... it works ;)