3.2.1 Update Released in Japan

Search This thread

zaynal

Apr 16, 2011
Yeah, I received the update notification this morning (mine is Japan set). Update file size is quite small - around 19MB. Already updated my STS to 3.2.1. No significant changes that I can find. I do feel that it's more smoother navigating menus and launching apps. Will see in a few days if there's any changes with Wi-Fi disconnection problem.

Jc35K.jpg

HSsIM.gif

unclespoon

Feb 8, 2011
Seattle, WA
http://www.sony.jp/support/tablet/info2/20111110.html

No details on what's changed (apart from saying "improvements to stability of system software' which could mean anything) and whether they've fixed the annoying wifi disconnect bug (and hopefully media discovery on sd-card2).

I'm not sure if I understand the wifi disconnect bug. Are you complaining that the wifi turns off when the screen is locked? Because it's set up to do that from the factory and can be changed in the settings menu under wifi > advanced I believe...

Lunat1c

Oct 6, 2011
I'm not sure if I understand the wifi disconnect bug. Are you complaining that the wifi turns off when the screen is locked? Because it's set up to do that from the factory and can be changed in the settings menu under wifi > advanced I believe...

Yes u can and all that wanna set that have done so. It still disconnects once display shuts down. Read more here: Wifi policy problems...

As for the update, hope it comes to our tablets soon and does indeed fix the wifi issue.

zaynal

Apr 16, 2011
I think the issue still exist in 3.2.1. Quite a few times my WiFi disconnected when screen turns off.

Cuif

Nov 5, 2011
friends I have to ask you which version is the best is that I will bring the tablet and give me 15 this month and wanted to know who that is vercion I have to have to keep me from whatever it is disconnected wifi greetings

chongbh

Aug 5, 2008
Singpapore
Yeah, I received the update notification this morning (mine is Japan set). Update file size is quite small - around 19MB. Already updated my STS to 3.2.1. No significant changes that I can find. I do feel that it's more smoother navigating menus and launching apps. Will see in a few days if there's any changes with Wi-Fi disconnection problem.

Jc35K.jpg

HSsIM.gif

Brother, how do you do screen capture on your Sony Tablet?

diamondcrownpc

Feb 18, 2011
ps store not workin now

I just got the update here in the states. However the PS store is not working for me now. Keep getting an error 80080018 code.

JungleKing76

Nov 18, 2011
Fixed

I had this same issue, after updating none os the PSEN apps worked. If I tried to access PSN store, music unlimited or videos unlimited, they all gave error 80080018. First thing I did was factory reset but that did not help. So, the next thing I tried was reformatting (erasing) all storage. Well, as much as I did not want to since I lost everything, it worked. Once my tablet was clean, I can now log in to PSN store and music/videos unlimited with no issues.

So, anyone having this problem just erase storage and fasctory reset, you will be good to go. Just,make sure you save your pics, music, docs, etc. somewhere like an external hard drive.

CypherWolf

Nov 18, 2011
I had this same issue, after updating none os the PSEN apps worked. If I tried to access PSN store, music unlimited or videos unlimited, they all gave error 80080018. First thing I did was factory reset but that did not help. So, the next thing I tried was reformatting (erasing) all storage. Well, as much as I did not want to since I lost everything, it worked. Once my tablet was clean, I can now log in to PSN store and music/videos unlimited with no issues.

So, anyone having this problem just erase storage and fasctory reset, you will be good to go. Just,make sure you save your pics, music, docs, etc. somewhere like an external hard drive.

dont need to, the whole psn was just down that's all. i wasn't able to log into my ps3 aswell. i couldn't get into PSN store, music unlimited or videos unlimited after the update too. but i figure sony will fix it and surely enough it works now for me. :D and i didn't lose any files.

I just got the update here in the states. However the PS store is not working for me now. Keep getting an error 80080018 code.

Same thing ps and video un, worked fine and after updating the same error show up :(
try to reset nd see!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Same thing ps and video un, worked fine and after updating the same error show up :(
try to reset nd see!!!!

I did a reset and now video and ps working again...

Some details

Enhanced Performance

Improves the screen rotation function Notifies the user to re-enter their wireless encryption if it is entered incorrectly

Improves keyboard performance Adds the ability to manually update the Media Player playlist

Reduces the time needed to reconnect to a wireless access point after resuming from sleep

Allows the Social Feed Reader application (for Facebook® and Twitter®) to work correctly after resuming from sleep

Improves audio playback when CPU processing is high

Removes the PlayStation Store update notification in regions where the PlayStation Store is unavailable

Improves the GPS positioning function

Improves DRM key processing and resolves an issue where you may see the error "Cannot play. The file is damaged" when playing a downloaded movie purchased from Video Unlimited